Now that we have wine build seamlessly in steam, whats the point of running windows on my personal computer?

Now that we have wine build seamlessly in steam, whats the point of running windows on my personal computer?

Attached: IMG_20180904_183924.jpg (1069x733, 54K)

>not wanting to deliver microsoft free usage data
>not buying every software from the MS store where they get 30% of the money of all sales
BAD GOY

it seems like a good idea on the surface
the entire point of wine that it isn't an emulated at all
if valve had to branch it off
it means they're doing some stuff they shouldn't be

What do Jow Forums think about windows registry?

Attached: windows-registry.jpg (275x278, 8K)

I'm not going to unequivocally say they aren't but:
1. The project is open sores and can be built and installed manually
2. It's likely separated due to requiring specific steam only code (or just to have built in scripts/configs for specific games)
2. a) They've been contributing to WINE upstream anyway

The Netflix native app

>wine
That's exactly the point. Wine has always been inferior to native.

shitshow, but Im not 100% sold on dotfiles either..

How would you solve this, then?
Not trying to shit on you, just curious.

Adobe.
The moment Adobe runs on Linux is the moment I ditch Windows for good. I lost all hope for Windows ever being an usable desktop OS again.

Bibeo gayms are for kids. I'm sticking with Windows however.
It feels good not listening to Jow Forums's ((("""advice""")))

(long term) support
stability
drivers
not having to use the command line for mundane tasks

Attached: 1535771492376.webm (1280x720, 2.12M)

Attached: 1505559172269.png (709x636, 167K)

Now that pretty much all GNU binaries run seamlessly inside Windows, whats the point of installing Linux again?

Attached: Screenshot (31).png (1920x1080, 747K)

This. Very surprising they're not on it already. Photoshop runs flawless. My company used illustrator a lot and inkscape lacks literally 1 feature we need. It's on their "inkscape for illustrator" wiki but idk if they're adding it soon or not

>not watching your resources being gobbled up when Windows decides to update
>not having Candy crush automatically installed without your knowledge
>not having your personal data sent over to the botnet
>not having to worry your install is going to break every single time there's a feature update
>not having a shitshow of an UI made LITERALLY in powerpoint

>hey, there's a WINE bug that's causing all our workstations to crash
>alright, we'll just submit a ticket to some neckbeard loser in his mom's basement, it'll get fixed whenever he feels like it
That doesn't cut it in the real world freetard.

>i'm going to reeee about non-issues and things that don't happen or takes 2 clicks to fix for three years rather than just do the fix
I thought freetards were supposed to be computer literate?

if you have to ask then you have no use for windows, congrats and enjoy using GNU

*Linux

>2015 memes

You can centralize all your configs into your DE/WM config.
For example, instead of having a config file for compton, you just type out the command and the options you want in your autostart.

Linux registry is better :^)

>Linux
Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, simply GNU

Attached: nice_try_torvalds.jpg (683x448, 29K)

>takes 2 clicks
I wish. Disabling updates for good is a fucking chore, the rest of the points require some shady powershell scripts and still it's only a partial fix, and the UI as far as I can tell is irreversibly fucked.
But that's not the point.
Imagine the next build of Windows came with the display rotated 180 degrees by default because somebody smart at Microsoft decided it's better for the user. It's a simple fix, takes just one registry edit, but YOU STILL SHOULDN'T NEED TO TO THIS. I shouldn't be expected to fuck around with powershell just to make fucking minecraft not install automatically.
Also I'm not exacly a freetard. I use debian on my shitposting laptop and Windows 10 on my work PC. I tried switching to Windows 10 and after wasting like a week trying to make regular editions work I installed Enterprise LTSB 2015, which is by far the best of all of them. I still hate the fucking UI but I can't be bothered to reinstall 7.

Direct3d games, specifically DirectDraw titles. I can't play Thief: The Dark Project in Linux, at least not without a modern patch, and I have too much autism to the point that I want the original unpatched game.

Shady ps scripts when you can read them all line by line??????
Are you sure you're certified to hold a computer, let alone operate it?

where's this ""GNU"" you speak of?

>thinking you need to disable updates and shit
I can install Windows 10 without ever touching the registry or powershell and still have a more useable OS than most Linux distros

I'm not going to read a 1000+ lines of code.
Also let me reiterate what you conveniently omitted: I don't have to do any of this bullshit on Linux, or ever Windows 7.
>Are you sure you're certified to hold a computer, let alone operate it?
actually yes, I am.

I wish be like you and just roll with NuMicrosoft bullshit.
Ignorance is bliss.

But Windows is so inferior to Linux that even Wine+Linux is still superior

>Ignorance is bliss
it's pretty comfy tbqh

Attached: tasty blue pill.jpg (1905x792, 310K)

I'm glad I'm not this retarded and stupid.

Electronic music production.

The reason why I can just “roll with it” is because shit like updates breaking things I haven’t had issues with. The preinstalled apps I could care less if I see them I just uninstall them they uselly don’t find there way back.

Mouse movement.
The moment mouse movement is the exact same on Linux is the moment I ditch Windows for good.

What a stupid meme reply. It's because of people like that everybody thinks Linux is crap.

>not having to use the command line for mundane tasks
you say this as if cut/pasting a one linner isn't 15 times faster then click click wait click click wait click click wait wait wait wait click "You must restart your computer for this change to take effect"

not him but try gnu.org. It's a great operating systems with many different flavors. just don't hold your breath waiting for professional grade applications.

All I see are core utilities prefiex with GNU. I see no OS on there.

How long until the gnu kernel is finished?

>a more useable OS than most Linux distros
No one believes you.

>cut/pasting a one linner
Only after you've spent 20 minutes searching on the internet for it.

Someone re-post that pic of disabling a web cam in Linux vs Windows.

What feature?

>programs beong installed without consent is not an issue

The absolute state of cuckindows.

Grats on showing an entire thread that you have literally no clue how free/open source software works.

Shutup ranjeet

It's pretty obvious you don't work

>installs Windows 10
>searches desperately for dodgy patches to make Cortana shut up, to get rid of adverts, and to disable telemetry
>repeats this after every update
>eventually disables updates out of frustration, resulting in security vulnerabilities going unpatched
>installs ltsb/c placebo
Windows just werks guys!

>run a simple console script before windows installation begins
>literally everything just werks
year of the lolnix desktop now!

I could reinstall Windows 10 right now and by the time I’m using edge to download another browser Windows update would have installed all the drivers I could ever need any everything works right the first damn time without weird bugs. I guess it helps I’m on a slightly modern haswell system

It's pretty obvious you're a virgin

>Only after you've spent 20 minutes searching on the internet for it.
or you could git gud and figure it out yourself. It's really not that hard even if you're a brainlet, though I understand how a windows user could be intimidated by a scary flashing command prompt.

>Someone re-post that pic of disabling a web cam in Linux vs Windows.
How about doing something that you would do more often, like downloading a youtube video? On linux I can do that with less than 15 keystrokes, taking up probably less than a second of time, without any dodgy websites browser addons or even a browser.

Linux has less overhead than Windows.
If you want to play games, Linux has greater potential. It just needs... games.

It has games. Just not triple-A identikit gray/brown edgy shooters.

>installing debian
>no license agreement, GPL is a bill of rights for the user
>installing pajeendows
>license agreement is written in such a way to obscure all the shady shit microsoft does. Page 54 makes you agree to sacrifice your blood to Ba'al in case microsoft wishes to

Poor ranjeet. No good comeback once he's been called out

Drivers 100% guaranteed to work.
I've amdgpu and mesa and games still complain about dx11 and shader model 5

Except I could do that in Windows.
Why are freetards so fucking stupid? It's like their virginity keeps their IQ dangerously low.

>has to run a script to disable built-in malware

LOL!

>install loonix
>x breaks again

>disabling a web cam in Linux vs Windows
Linux
>unplug the webcam
Windows
>unplug the webcam

Unfortunately those are the games people are playing. Even if you don't want to play those games, odds are your friends do.

It would be a bold, selfless act, but if Valve releases Half-Life 3 as a Linux exclusive, Windows will die that day.

Soon Linux will be the premier gaming OS, and all freetards can do is cry about it.

How? Genuinely curious.

Literally everyone at my company avoids windows 10 at all costs. Everyone wants linux or Mac OS. The senior Director of Technology fucking uses ubuntu on his work laptop. We're a Forbes 250 company also. Only Excel monkeys and pajeets shill windows.

>has to run a script daily so that X never breaks
lmao

Samefag panjeet

Fuck off. Linux doesn't need any proprietary garbage. You cucks are fucking breaking decades of activism.

"I never used linux and too dumb to use it" the post

>I'm too virgin to use anything else
lmao

>Tux Racer: now with VR support!

tbqh I'd like more games to run on GNU/Linux, but I don't think I want more Windows gamers to move to GNU/Linux

A bunch of clueless appletoddlers. No wonder.

I've used kubuntu, debian and gentoo for years, nothing ever spontaneously broke. Indiows on the other hand...

out of curiosity what does you company do?

Are you talking about yourself? It seems like you are too retarded to learn how to use another OS

>learning
Operating is the operating system's job. I just send it ideas.
>dodgy addons
retard, theres a button on hooktube

Running proprietary games indicates you're a traitor to the cause.

that would be awesome and you know it

Why not?
They might learn something and improve themselves.

Just need a good office client now. Libre is trash. I'd be happy to pay 50bux for a good alternate office suite.

Why do you lie? There's a reason for that 2%, because loonix is a poorly-made, hacked piece of shit that can't work properly.

I want to use windows 7 forever ;_;

Its stock wine staging but bundled with some extra stuff like DXVK that you'd normally install separately.

Calm down, bud. We don't need to follow Stallman's word like a creed. The fact that video games are proprietary is a symptom of a larger issue than software licensing.

Kill yourself shitstain. Proprietary cucks like you should be lynched on sight.

>I just send it ideas.
can't send ideas without learning how to do it

Is there a linux music player that shows my music by folders and not by genre/album/artst?

Fuck off wintard. You don't and never will belong here.

Unfortunately you have to become a murderer to kill a rapist.

calm yourself, more games running on gnu/linux doesn't necessarily mean more proprietary software

If you're serious then you need some serious help. You're likely insecure and looking for something to take a strong stance on.

You don't have the authority to say what linux does or does not need.

>hurr ether be on the communist free software crusade or don’t dare use Linux

Why do you hate freedom so much?

The company is ADP

RIP :(

you're better off asking there