CRTs are objectively superior to LCDs for relevant video games

CRTs are objectively superior to LCDs for relevant video games.
This is irrefutable.

Attached: 1518939530976.jpg (1280x960, 289K)

Other urls found in this thread:

legifrance.gouv.fr/eli/arrete/2015/7/3/EINI1510522A/jo/texte
manualslib.com/manual/159663/Sony-Kv-36fs12.html?page=44#manual
hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/differences-between-kv-36fv16-and-kv-36fs12-wegas.21895/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And the "relevant" video games are?...
Retro games on retro consoles?

Video games made before the Xbox 360

Great, you got a PVM just to do RGB in muttland.
Now, as I told you in the last thread, fuck off to to brag about it, that's where the PVM and general 15KHz CRT circlejerk is.
t. Owner and daily user of many CRT computer monitors.

And people still please these because...?

Post your CRT monitors then FAGGOT

they're objectively high quality games that modern interactive movies can't compare to. Even Mario has unskippable cutscenes now.

I did in the last thread. 19" LaCie ElectronBlue II, Sony CPD-E220, LG StudioWorks something-or-other. I also own 15KHz sets such as an IBM 5153, a couple Trinitron TVs (which do RGB without being PVMs thanks to living in a non-cucked country), a 32" 16:9 Panasonic Quintrix, and Amstrad CTM-664, and some more generic TVs.
I'm not going to post a picture because it negates the possibility of saging posts, and even though I'm totally not saging this one, I don't like having less possibilities open to me.

>which do RGB without being PVMs thanks to living in a non-cucked country
Component is mathematically equivalent to RGB.

>I'm not going to post a picture because it negates the possibility of saging posts
No it doesn't you ultranewfag

No shit sherlock. Now do that in every single consumer mutt set, something all European sets do.
You're the newfriend here. Lurk moar and never post again.

>that fucked up geometry
the absolute state of trinifags

If the piece of shit is old it doesn't make it good. There are no relevant video gaymes.

Daily reminder that CRTs are the best type of displays for "eSports". /v/bois cannot refute this.

Attached: IMG_20180904_234502.jpg (2976x3968, 1.73M)

Yeah, they're better, sure, but they aren't as convenient as a standard display.
>absolutely gigantic
>eats power more than OP's mom eats cakes
>weighs more than OP's mom
It's like how Wi-Fi beat out Ethernet in the market. Sure, Ethernet is superior in almost every way, but not everyone wants to deal with a fucking cable coming out of their phone or notebook 24/7.
Same way why people don't want to deal with a 50+ pound power drainer, when it's cheaper and easier to use a more modern display.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (200x200, 12K)

Any decent TV in the 90s and every shit TV in the late 90s/early 2000s had component.

Are you the same OP from
?

you can get CRT that can do 1920x1440 @ 98hz 0ms

a 1920x1080 @ 144hz has 10-15ms lag at corshair even in the best "1ms" mondels.

46hz extra is not worth 10ms lag.

Attached: 5d9e29384c59a5b683fcf.jpg (800x1288, 187K)

the monitor that can do that is not the one in my pic its ViewSonic P225F

[Citation needed]
Here, I'll show you how to do it, even:
legifrance.gouv.fr/eli/arrete/2015/7/3/EINI1510522A/jo/texte
This is the 2015 French legislation which states RGB-compatible SCART connectors aren't compulsory on new TV sets anymore, as they had been since 1980.
Now post an equivalent document from the FCC stating TVs must have component inputs (or any sort of standard input, apart from RF, for that matter)

crts are big and clunky.
no reason to use them even for vidya

>kirby nightmare in dreamland
>emulated on wii
Damn dude good choice, i just hacked my gf wii like 2 weeks ago and we've been playing the exact same thing lol

Had one of these a few years back. Absolutely beautiful display with modern games at said res on modern games. Hands down better than an lcd/led.

There's no mandate saying they must have it, but it was standard on all but the cheapest made for children sets.
Any decent sony from the late 90s early 2000s will have component for example.

Wii is possibly the best emulator for consoles older than 5th gen.

Yes.

It's a good game.

Attached: 1531878735783.jpg (1000x1275, 310K)

oh look the autist making this post again

oh look the autist replying to this post again

because they're not consumerist trend following drones

>Wii is possibly the best emulator for consoles older than 5th gen.
Seriously, its kind of underrated compared to shitberry pi. Good DS emulation would completely keep me off my phone/computer but hardly anyone develops for wii anymore unfortunately

Okay, at least give me a percentage of consumer sets made with component inputs vs total sets made.
Also, as far as I know, component inputs only became a thing in the USA after D-VHS came out. Can you show me one of those 90s american consumer sets with component inputs? Japanese sets don't count, as they had MUSE and needed component inputs for external decoders.

>Okay, at least give me a percentage of consumer sets made with component inputs vs total sets made.
I can't find any statistics. I could look at old archived news sites, but that's too much work.

>Also, as far as I know, component inputs only became a thing in the USA after D-VHS came out.
If anything pushed component it was DVD. I don't think anyone cared about D-VHS at all. It's worth remembering DVD was open to consumers in the US by 1998.

>Can you show me one of those 90s american consumer sets with component inputs? Japanese sets don't count, as they had MUSE and needed component inputs for external decoders.
I can't find a 90s example, but here's one from 2000.
manualslib.com/manual/159663/Sony-Kv-36fs12.html?page=44#manual

In the 90s on average consumer sets you at least had s-video. I don't think anyone is going to argue NTSC is better than PAL though. Europe had the benefit of 10 years however.

Wii can also do real 240p and Component/RGB. Good luck getting your rPi to do component.

>If anything pushed component it was DVD
Were there consumer DVD players with component outputs in the late 90s? I'm genuinely curious.
>but here's one from 2000.
So that's two entire decades of cheap sets from Europe which you didn't have. Plus that's a 36" $1300 (got the price from hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/differences-between-kv-36fv16-and-kv-36fs12-wegas.21895/ )high end FD Trinitron, not "all but the cheapest made for children sets".
>In the 90s on average consumer sets you at least had s-video.
And you just proved my point by yourself. My point being American consumer sets had no proper inputs.
As I said in the last thread, enjoy overpaying for PVMs just to get an interface even the cheapest European sets had since 1980. Not that the cheapest sets will look better than the PVM, but they'll look better than anything in the same price range available in the States. It's been fun, user. Take care and please stop making threads about your new toy every single day, go to

>I don't think anyone is going to argue NTSC is better than PAL though
I don't think anyone can defend NTSC these days at all, but it was good for what it was- a compatible systen that made little compromises for both types of broadcasts.
Thankfully multisystem equipment is a thing these days (pic related, my PAL/NTSC Pioneer CLD-1850 LD player), and I can now get PAL releases of my favorite stuff. Going in a tangent here, but damn do PAL LDs look a lot nicer than NTSC ones. The better color system, and the greater vertical resolution really help letterboxed content. Of course for NTSC I just use an external upscaler which does tint (phase) correction, deinterlacing and upscaling, so NTSC discs look really damn good too.
Not that my player is a high end model or anything, but it has a straight composite output with no fuckery done to it, optical S/PDIF for DTS or simply using an external dac for redbook audio, and it's moddable to get the RF-modulated AC-3 signal out of NTSC discs.

Attached: IMG_20180905_021345.jpg (2560x1920, 2.33M)

>Were there consumer DVD players with component outputs in the late 90s? I'm genuinely curious.
Yes. There were obviously ludicrously expensive, but if you had the money you could have DVD in 1998.

>So that's two entire decades of cheap sets from Europe which you didn't have. Plus that's a 36" $1300 (got the price from hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/differences-between-kv-36fv16-and-kv-36fs12-wegas.21895/ )high end FD Trinitron, not "all but the cheapest made for children sets".
I told you that's just the earliest example I found after a few minutes of searching. It's worth remembering that you could buy HDTVs in 2003 with HDMI, including some HD CRTs. Component was required for HDTVs prior to 2003. It was all over the place in the 2000s, especially mid to late 2000s.
You're right, Europeans had better connections and standards, but again that's only because of what engineers learned from developing NTSC. Without NTSC then PAL wouldn't exist.

>And you just proved my point by yourself. My point being American consumer sets had no proper inputs.
By the 90s and 2000s they did. In the early to mid-90s S-Video was common as well.

>As I said in the last thread, enjoy overpaying for PVMs just to get an interface even the cheapest European sets had since 1980. Not that the cheapest sets will look better than the PVM, but they'll look better than anything in the same price range available in the States. It's been fun, user. Take care and please stop making threads about your new toy every single day, go to Again, component is the same quality as RGB, and there were plenty of CRTs in the late 90s early 2000s that had it. Yes Europeans had better connections earlier, but that doesn't change anything.
I also paid $65 for two PVMs and a trinitron TV. That's hardly overpriced.

Attached: 1520774184805.jpg (439x462, 23K)