You're a programmer, right? I have an idea that's going to make us both very rich...

>You're a programmer, right? I have an idea that's going to make us both very rich. All I need you to do is write the code. How does a 20% cut sound to you?

Attached: ideasman.jpg (1011x872, 250K)

I just peed out my asshole, AMA

That's honestly quite impressive

Typical programmer.

My question is this: If the ideas guy is so smart, why can't he write the app himself.

Only retards program

Why are you on this board if you're not one of those retards yourself?

Somebody needs to be looking at the big picture. If everybody programmed, programmers would be out of a job.

I only post in Apple vs. Android threads

making anyone else touch work is the antithesis of being self-motivated

Most of the best "ideas guys" are people who actually understand computers though. Look at Bill Gates for example.

Because hes the one doing everything else? I know I'd rather be the programmer than the guy taking meetings, getting approval, doing presentations etc. Maybe its just my personality but I think that's 100x worse than sitting at a computer creating software.

Most "I have an app idea" type people aren't doing that stuff though. They're just regular nobodies with no business or technical experience who think they can be the next Steve Jobs.

that's only in the tech industry and even then there are examples of non tech guys leading these companies. Unless you created something truly revolutionary that could change the world (ex. Bill Gates), you usually need a business man to sell it to everyone

That's true. A lot of people are just lazy but I'm talking about startups and stuff in general. You need all 3 of the people in OPs pic

kek, got a similar offer like that.
took his idea and sold it to the customer for 15% less + 4 year maintenance contract (for only when stuff breaks)
guy tried to sue me, but I never signed anything since I told him I first need to look at how much work it's going to be.

btw, the maintenance crap is where the big money comes in, since you often don't need to do anything and still get paid while you're already on the next project.

>I have an idea, all you have to do is buy the business lot, build the infrastructure, hire the employees, arrange for delivery, and maintain everything
>But I'm CEO ok?

>I'm a people's person

Attached: 1535725641743.jpg (550x422, 35K)

10/10

"What idea would that be? Let's figure out how feasible it is first."
And then you turn around, write the code, and launch it by yourself. Copyright law doesn't protect ideas ("I've got this great idea for an app, bro!"), just the specific expression of those ideas (graphical design and the specific code used).

Attached: give-a-fuck.gif (345x258, 1.39M)

Most "ideas" are either terrible, unrealistic or have been done already. Plus that's a shitty thing to do anyway

>Most "ideas" are either terrible, unrealistic or have been done already.
That's entirely true. And if that's the case, you tell the guy as much.
>Plus that's a shitty thing to do anyway
Bitch should have offered me a fair cut. 20% for doing all the work? He had it coming.

>Plus that's a shitty thing to do anyway
But happens all the time, that's why the "people's person" must be very cautious and know what the hell he's doing and not be a entrepreneur wanabe like most of the time.

>Bitch should have offered me a fair cut. 20% for doing all the work? He had it coming.

If it's actually a good idea and the guy is doing stuff then at that point you're just a code monkey. 20% is fair considering a pajeet can do the same and would probably be too dumb to sell it himself

If it's such a good idea, then why doesn't he start a business and pitch the idea to investors? Because it's not a good idea and that person wants someone else to do all the work for free

Oh yeah, and while you're doing all the work what are they doing the whole time? Jack fucking shit

>If it's such a good idea, then why doesn't he start a business and pitch the idea to investors?

Because what do you think is better? Having to only listen to one other person who has a share in the company (even then its 20%) or having a board of directors that can kick you off your own project at anytime.

I'm not saying all ideas are good. There are definitely some dumb people stoking for a free ride but 20% in a legitimate business with someone who is smart is a fucking steal and I would take it anyday

looking*

So you'd give up 80% of the profit because someone "came up" with the idea? Are you a pajeet or something? That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard in my life. This has to be bait

>So you'd give up 80% of the profit because someone "came up" with the idea?

If the person isnt a dumbass chances are they'll make you sign an NDA or they will have already formed a corporation. 20% in one of those is great.

This is true. The "turn around and make it yourself" strategy only applies if they don't make you sign anything first. But if they're stupid enough to do that, they deserve it.