Repurposing old smartphones and dumbphones

Sup fellow, Jow Forumsentoomen. I recently cleaned out my flat and realized that I have a shitton of more or less old phones lying around. They're all still perfectly functional and it would break my heart to throw them away or sell them, so I think repurposing would be a neat idea. I also happen to get my hands on a SIM card which is especially valueable because a year back, my country (Central Khalifate of Germanistan) made it mandatory to show your ID when buying one, and I value my privacy a lot. Now, the question is, what can I do with it? So far, my ideas were:
>2FA for dumbphones
>Second smol screen for smartphone using a USB cable or a BT dongle from my old Fitbit
I haven't programmed anything since high school but I would definitely start again if you guys give me some pointers.
What should I do? Anything else trying to repurpose old phones?
>inb4 give it back Jamiroquai

Attached: IMG_20180905_163356.jpg (3264x2448, 942K)

Attached: INS_IED.png (512x256, 65K)

Attached: 1512055093623.png (300x236, 89K)

>5310
that phone was great

I don't plan on blowing everything up just yet, user.

They make great remote "activators"

1. halo, me namo is pajeet from michrosoft...
2. contraband deals

OP I'm also looking for some interesting project since I'm currently fixing my Nexus 4 digitizer.
After that it'll be completly functional, yet no ideas what to aim for...
I thought about using it as an android machine of sorts to test my wanna be app developer applications.

Attached: wonder.jpg (298x298, 16K)

Put WhatsApp or Telegram in them since compact smartphones are dead.

Digital dashboard gor your 94' civic

I recently came across a video saying that you can disassemble dumbphones to build essentially a smartwatch (showing the time, notifying about calls and messages) but I don't know how feasible that would be.

>compact smartphones are dead
Never heard of that term. Can you elaborate?

I like that idea. Also, repurposing it as a security camera would be neat.

Your not going to do anything with these bricks, face reality.

Definitely will. It would just be a waste to throw them away.

You don't actually need the phones try your code on. Usually there's a phone emulator you can upload to.

>I value my privacy a lot

yeah um, from what i remember reading, IMSI catchers, fake cell towers force 2G because of it's weaknesses.

also, send binary SMS that reports shit like your cell tower RSSI, used to triangulate you.

so, using a 2G phone shouldn't give you extra privacy, from what i understand.

as for a use for these phones, you could use them for some sort of automation project like controlling relays, but that's actually a stupid waste of time.

would be better off finding a kit you can build for something like that.

the only thing these phones are good for is durability. unlike today's phones that shatter when they get dropped the wrong way.

>Anything else trying to repurpose old phones?
recycle them for their rare earth metals
>or keep incase smart phone breaks
want to do projects?
>i think arduino or raspberry pi is your answer

dismantle for the gold sheet used for the number keys

Last year I used a Nokia 6510 from ~2002 as my only phone for a couple of months.

Take a look at postmarketOS

in my country sim cards are disabled after 1 year without charging credit on it

Yeah, it's the same here. However, you can have them reactivated for free if you contact the company.