So. I just failed a job interview for software developer at Amazon

So. I just failed a job interview for software developer at Amazon.
Lets talk about how shitty the company is so I can console myself how I dodged a bullet!

Attached: amazon_logo_500500._V323939215_.png (500x500, 14K)

Nah you just suck cock at coding, there's always McDonald's.

That one is notoriously difficult, better luck next time.

Not only is it difficult but its underpaid.

Difficult?
Didn't feel like it.
It felt that they used pre-scripted questions the interviewers didn't care about.

In the scotland a group of employees were living in tents in the forest. They don't pay physical labor drones to wait in line for the security check, so they hover around the entrances and exits for an ~hour so that's less time they have to spend with families.

>200k a year in an area with low living expenses compared to CA and NY and no state income tax is underpaid
It's probably 300k a year for those who started a couple of years ago now that the stock has shot up so much

My buddy got offered 80k in seattle right out of college.

What do you look like? They select the questions based on skin tone and vagina possession status.

I look like general nerdy asshole. Vagina possession status is negative.

That's rough. They probably looked in the question grid and went from "adding two sorted lists together" to "Determine if program X halts on input Y". The useless parasites in HR also probably thought you would be a poor """""culture fit"""""

>"Determine if program X halts on input Y"
That would be trivial. Just point them to mathematical proof of unsolvability of halting problem.

I don't buy there any more because it's a shitty, ultra-greedy mega company that treats their employees like shit.

I did not regret it so far. Save my money elsewhere, then ;-)

Post your res and we will tell you want to do

Not to worry. Years ago a literal glow-in-the-dark hung up on me during an AWS interview while I was explaining the security concerns I had with the platform and what I would do to address them. Also, had a buddy go there to be a technical program manager and he could not wait for the long-term incentive to mature so he could bail.

I have never been able to explain rationally why I don't use companies products in an interview. Why don't you use Amazon products? "Oh I am not comfortable with a company knowing every piece of information on what I buy and when I buy it and where I live and how they treat the workers in the warehouses and how they don't pay taxes and how their workers are on food stamps and how Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post and how Amazon has private government contracts to provide them with their own AWS so that they can further analyze the photographs of my balls that they took at the airport."

You only experience real hatred for amazon once you have to carry their packages to old fucks who order everything off the internet.

t. neet delivery guy

Thats very nice user, but we don't feel you would fit with our positive company culture with that kind of negative attitude.

Congrats you won't have to pee in bottles now to avoid having your pay docked for going to the bathroom.

Could you just say "I don't agree morally with some of their practices" or something like that?

I would join just to piss off Trump more!

it really is a shitty company. and even if it weren't, being a software dev for an online store/botnet wannabe would be soul crushing

Sorry to disappoint you, but Amazon isn't Microsoft or Google. Bezos doesn't care about social justice.

I applied a couple days ago, what were the questions so I can do better than you?

I was asked twice "Tell me about time where you made your team more efficient/productive".

Isn't software dev part of Amazon different than the sweatshop they run in warehouses?

user, amazon is the most successful company evur

>isn't subscection x more ethically run than subsection y of unethical supersection?

>Lets talk about how shitty the company is
Everyone that I know who works for Amazon actually loves working there. They complain about having to leave the country a lot now that they have families, so I guess you dodged a bullet if you hate getting paid to travel.

>Isn't the Wehrmacht part of Nazi Germany different than the SS Camp guards?

Stop it.
I don't want to feel even more bad for bombing it.

i have a sitting job offer from amazon for SDE1 for $115 with $50 signing and $100 RSU

If it makes you feel better, when I interviewed there it took me like 2 seconds to finish their coding problems yet I still wasn't hired. So you can rest assured the result would be the same had you not failed it.

These number never mean anything unless you clearify that it isnt in la, sf, seattle, silicon valley, or nyc. Its the difference between a great deal and a shit deal

Also I suspect they use what the interviewees tell them in response to the design problems so they don't have to pay them

That's strange, because everyone that I knew at Amazon hated it and left.

Are you Asian? These people have contracts with people like the CIA who probably force them to discriminate. They see Asians as a threat

Those were fulfillment employees you dumb shit.

I failed Goldman Sachs

Got the first question right but the next one was a weird dynamic programming one.

Really lame

the answer to that question is unequivocally yes though

found the shabbos goyim.

We've turned down perfectly technically capable engineers because we thought they were not a good fit for the specific team that was hiring.

So unless they tell you so failure doesn't always reflect on your technical skills.

Sometimes it does, it's one of the toughest interviews out there so I wouldn't sweat it so much if things didn't work out for you on the day.

Did you study up on the soft-skill (LP) questions? That stuff is taken seriously and well documented so no excuse.

This is why the Am*rikan government is accusing Chinese companies of stealing American 'technology', because they want people to believe it is the other way around.

In reality nearly every advancement in Western science and technology ever made was stolen from the East somehow. Look at things like Feynman diagrams or circuit designs alongside Chinese characters and you'll see what I mean.

>In reality nearly every advancement in Western science and technology ever made was stolen from the East somehow.

I have some bad news user, you've lost touch with reality.

>Did you study up on the soft-skill (LP) questions?
How the fuck was I supposed to do that?
Yeah, there are the leadership principles. But how the fuck do you extrapolate questions from that?

'Reality' is an absolute term, not relative to your notion of political correctness. This is why wh*Te people truly are fascist barbarians.

Also, unless you worked in company that follows similar principles, how the hell are you supposed to have experience with them?
I only ever worked in shitty companies, who often practiced "opposite" of those principles.

RBS is easymode try them
all banks are paying well atm

Drink more malt liquor

This is because Asians are more concerned with what things actually mean, not how to use it to commit aggressions against other countries.

We are truly the superior race, and we ought to prove it somehow. If Tr*mp wants it to be the other way around then perhaps a nuclear war is in order.

Are Amazon warehouse jobs worse than any other warehouse jobs?

as somebody who just left amazon, you really did dodge a bullet.

Did you not make the right ServerFactoryFactory class in Java? What do you think you failed on?

>wanting to work for tech giants
why do you want to be an underpaid, underappreciated slave?

>has job
>still on food stamps
something smells fishy

Some jobs don't pay much, especially if they're not full time.

>underpaid
Ok, let's see what job you have where you save 150k a year post tax.

Nah bro, working as an SDE at Amazon is great + Seattle is a beautiful city.

testing

You failed to get a job at Amazon?
You must suck ass!

I know mediocre people who Amazon is more than happy to stuff them somewhere dark and boring.

Attached: 1465272776097.jpg (1050x1498, 371K)

Enjoy your lung cancer.

if you wanna know what kind of bullet you dodged, go on GlassDoor

Amazon interviews are hard even for really basic positions. When they are low on headcount they reduce the requirements but on a normal day they show no mercy.

makes me want to apply just for laughs

they hard in the sense that they want a specific sort of response. not like hard as in they are giving you some weird brain teaser or something like that.

No they are actually some of the ''better' warehouse position.
But they are still shitty and love to fire people.
I walked in and they gave me a job lmao

>I walked in and they gave me a job lmao

yeah and try becoming a T3 or even T1 with a proper job role. unless your site is bleeding for people they will bust your balls in the interview process.

lmao they gave away tier 3 jobs. I didn't want them because I'm leaving in a year and like taking time off randomly.
I'm chucking my stock as soon as I leave and taking the buy out

>I'm leaving in a year and like taking time off randomly.
literally the favorite thing about my current job is I can take days off and give >24hr notice

also I like that I have shown up over 15 minutes late every day for 3 months and my boss is always like "good morning user how are you?"

yeah sure, you just didn't want it.

sounds like they don't really care if you're there or not.

when I leave for a week, it's helpful for their plans to notify them at least a week in advance.
They queue up work for me to get done before I go. Invariably, several things pile up because I'm not there.

FWIW friend of mine got flown out to Seattle for the old 5-day onsite ridiculousness and was told before the first interview even started that the position was already filled. Still paid for his flights and 4 nights at a 5 star hotel though.

>things that never happened the post

>yeah sure, you just didn't want it.
Why would I want more responsibilities for only 1$ more an hour?

>Thanks for coming for the interview at Amazon.
>We have no more job openings anywhere within the corporation
>the door's that way

what a joke

Nah they still had him and all the other people they brought in for that round of interviews actually interview still incase of "future openings" or some shit

I work at amazon and it's okay, kinda boring work but it's easy

I still think that's bullshit for how big Amazon is.

Seattle isn't expensive

WE

Yeah those big companies can afford to be pricks though. They pay so fucking well and have harvested such a cult of corporate that shitty anecdotes like my friends get lost in the noise.

"According to myapartmentmap.com the average rent for a two bedroom apartment in Seattle is$2,109. That is nearly 80% higher than the national average. In some Seattle neighborhoods, rent is even more expensive than the rates listed above."

Its at least 15k extra in rent a year. No aweful though

They fucking ruined Seattle and we all talk about them behind their backs disparagingly. You can do wonderfully without them, user.

WUZ

are you from the USA ? You don't get paid a $1 more. You get about 25% pay increase (depending on city and state), less work, more perks, have little risk of write ups or disciplinary action, etc. There is no downsides.

Or when you listen to their sellers/customers bitch on the customer service line all fucking day

>Yeah those big companies can afford to be pricks though.
If it was Google, then yeah, they can be choosy pricks, but this isn't Google. This is Amazon.

I worked there for 3 years. I never got a write up and the work is piss easy. I make about 14.25$ an hour and tier 3 is 15$

lolwut amazon is larger and more successful than google

what type of site you at ? I surf the company intranet all day and never seen anything that low. I have seen the pay stubs for the T3 at my site and they make $20 an hour.

>sounds like they don't really care if you're there or not.
Not exactly. Watch that dude run out of personal time and they'll fire his ass quick. I remember when I first started a guy ran out of personal time and they fired him for literally not showing up because he was sick. They take that shit seriously.

It isn't like a job where you can just call in sick. You're given a specific, by the minute, amount of time to use and once it's gone, you better hope nothing comes up. Every minute must be accounted for.

that's a false conclusion to make.
I'm talking about the caliber of talent Google hires vs. Amazon.

its not really an apt comparison. Google does a lot of fluffy bleeding edge and R&D type ventures. Amazon takes on a lot of classic industry and retail business ventures. As an Amazon employee you could be doing just about anything. Is a system designer for Amazon really that far off from a system designer at Google ? Amazon has a lot of titles with engineer and such that you will do 0 engineering and just follow company procedure.

>Is a system designer for Amazon really that far off from a system designer at Google ?
Yes, they are.
I've known decently smart people who applied, got interviewed, but didn't get hired by Google. They're even proud to even get the attention to get an interview, too.

I've known less smart people walk into Amazon tech jobs.

It's challenging to get a job at Google, Amazon not so much it seems.

I wasn't doubting you. It's just that when it comes to Amazon lots of people think its this monolithic entity when its not. That's why I take it with a grain of salt when anyone brings it up.

>tfw just shy of 100k but get to live in a cheap flyover state

Fucking same, bro. I feel for you. At least visiting Seattle was nice.

Attached: unemployable.png (978x385, 320K)

Amazon pays SDE's like 150k starting they are prestigious as fuck. Google giving 200k doesn't discredit Amazon as a top 1% workplace.

Its all a numbers game. If you can get ANY interviews at all then you can get a job you want given enough chances