Got these old laptops out of storage. What should I do with them? They’re too old for Gentoo

Got these old laptops out of storage. What should I do with them? They’re too old for Gentoo.

Attached: CF4FA379-2329-4D4D-A45D-A4766BA96456.jpg (3264x2448, 1.56M)

>They’re too old for Gentoo.
That's blatantly false.

clean them
jesus

flip them upside down

>They’re too old for Gentoo.
doubt it, what's the model/specs of these laptops?

host 2 websites
(and no, they arent too old for gentoo, where did you get that fake info)

You should clean the LITERAL SHIT off of them

Not only is it blatantly false that they're too old for gentoo, but the left looks like either a MacBook1,1 or Macbook2,1 and those can run freaking libreboot.

one is a 32 bit intel atom with 1GB RAM
the white one is a macbook with core 2 duo and 2gb ram.

Gentoo would take days to compile on them and they can’t hold a battery charge.

Jow Forums removes the rotation tag from the exif data

Put Windows XP on them

They have Windows 7/mountain lion. Already have an xp system to use.

The MacBook could be a decent machine if you stuck an SSD and some more RAM in it (yes this is back when you could actually do that relatively easily)... and CLEANED IT THE FUCK UP

Attached: 46L02C6.jpg (2560x1600, 175K)

also installed some normie distro like crunchbang ++ or noobuntu

dedicated reactos system maybe? could use mac as a thin client, i guess. i'd install gentoo regardless.

>Gentoo would take days to compile on them and they can’t hold a battery charge.
No, Gentoo would not take days. I run Gentoo on a single core PowerBook G4, you are wrong.

Move them out of Australia.

Attached: 1514357410931.jpg (519x533, 94K)

Well clean them for starters.
I mean Jesus Christ, it looks like they've been used as cum rags.

kekd

Currently updating MacOS to El Capitan, the latest Apple allows on it.

Check this out

Dosdude1.com/mojave

For the MacBook. That’s the same MacBook I’ve got

i bet that'll run great
Zzzz...

Attached: 1508981825594.jpg (750x697, 88K)

Clean them and install Lubuntu on them
It will run well + lots of programs available

Yeah clean them

Attached: 1536168915515.jpg (3264x2448, 1.6M)

Attached: 1506994629562.jpg (540x678, 32K)

Is that the right kind of Macbook to install Libreboot on? I heard it's a not fantastic experience on Macbooks compared to Thinkpads, but it's better than nothing.

Attached: thinking in ms paint.png (660x470, 3K)

Then don't install Gentoo. Install something like Arch or some other minimal distro that don't need autistic compilation and built a lightweight computer for simple tasks.

Clean up the MacBook and install Libreboot. If it's a 2,1 model (that's what it looks like from the image) then you can flash Libreboot internally by running a program from Linux called flashrom that'll reflash your EFI chip. There's no disassembly required. Then you can install Debian or Trisquel with IceWM or something light and have a perfectly usable machine for basic tasks.

Attached: 1536028012832.png (500x500, 28K)

For your information people have successfully installed Gentoo on a 486 system. Technically you could probably even do it on a 386 since Linux is compatible with those. So no, these aren't too old for anything.

Sell those antiques on Craigslist for 20 bucks famalam