I want a small dumb phone to have my same phone number as my smart phone

I want a small dumb phone to have my same phone number as my smart phone.

Is there a way to clone the SIM card or what options do I have?

Why? I am working in the field and the phone gets beat up but i have to have it with me

Attached: download (3).jpg (225x225, 7K)

My dad wanted the same thing.Turns out you can't have two sim cards with the same number. If two such phones tried to connect to a network, they both get disabled.

Ever heard of Multi-SIM?

get an Apple Watch

Not sure if an apple watch is the answer I migt try it but is expensive and fragile.

>Is there a way to clone the SIM card
Yes but you can't have both working at the same time. Use call redirection.

Where the fuck do you live? Nigeria? Multi-SIM has been possible since at least 2010. Since about 2015 its also possible to use VirtualSIM.

Multi-SIM is not the same as having 2 SIMs with the same number fucking idiot

get a second sim for the dumbphone, and setup a call redirection from the main number to the new one. So, when people will call you, if the main phone is unreachable/you don't answer, the call will be rerouted to the other phone.

What I do is I cellotape a walkie-talkie to my smart phone and have it set to auto-answer and carry around the other walkie-talkie.

just buy a nokia N95 m8

I unironically want one of these.
If I ever decide to possess a cellphone again, it'll either be one of these, or a Librem 5 if it ever comes out.

Get VoIP on your smartphone with a fallback to the dumb phone. VoIP.ms supports this.

Just use call forwarding.

Oh sorry, got the terms wrong. I have a phone at work that takes two SIM-cards, one for work, and one private. The private one also exist in my private phone. If you call my private number, both my job phone, and my private phone starts to buzz.

/thread

That's not what multi sim is you retard

Ask your provider. Here in Italy you can have it, it costs A LOT but you can have a real "clone" of your SIM. Only one call at a time but you will see the other phone ring even if you are calling on the other

Many years ago, before the days of being able to answer multiple calls on the same phone, my father bypassed this restriction by having two phones with the same number. Gods only know why, I'd only ever seen him pick up the other to yell "Busy!"

Not that user, but in my country some of the carriers offer this service (you have one number, two SIMs, if someone calls you both phones ring) and they literally call it Multi-SIM.

Now, now... Was that called for? A fella is trying to help another fella out, and here you come dumping copious amounts of sodium on him. Is that what we have become? A lord of the flies equivalent of a bulletin board system (or "BBS", as I have started calling it for short...)

Attached: 20180728_174227.jpg (2560x1440, 880K)

Setup call forwarding?
Just get any phone number and have your first phone forward all calls to the second one.

What is the absolute cheapest phone I can get? I just want one to text myself once every 6-odd months to keep my old number active. I would use my old phone for this but unfortunately my old sim card is too large to fit in there. Would it be cheaper/easier just buying some Chinese piece of shit battery off ebay and throwing that in my old candybar phone?

Buy cloning stuff for 15 euro and try, your provider will tell you if you are doing something illegal.
Just tell them you though you were smart.