Anyone here ever try these? Do they actually help you fall asleep?

Anyone here ever try these? Do they actually help you fall asleep?

Attached: 58ada5e8-40e8-4425-bb7a-9a7d31ced7e5._SL300__.png.jpg (300x300, 8K)

why would you wear those to sleep?

Yes, but I think my PulSafe XC filters slightly more blue.

Use in evening during hours that should "normally" be dark hours.

Bump for interest

nigger just adjust your monitor settings

use f.lux or just buy blue-ray blocking computer glasses, i've seen them at dollar stores these days

>f.lux or 4-eyes
hmmm, hard choice

Apparently blue light blocks melatonin secretion.

Even if you put the brightness to the minimum, it will still emit blue light.

Don' think flux "truly" blocks blue light.

Not really much of a need to. You can get blue light filtering screens that are pretty much guaranteed to work better than the glasses, 3rd party software, or settings combined.

Why not both

I wear anti-glare/anti-blue light glasses at work. They help me when staring at screens all day. Not sure about sleeping.

>Don' think flux "truly" blocks blue light.
Maybe not, but it still works pretty damn well for me. When I put it on all my devices I went from having a completely fucked sleep schedule to sleeping like a normal person within a week, without changing anything else.
F.lux/twilight is magical and you need to be using it. Now I fall asleep within 10-15 minutes of getting into bed.
I haven't felt the need to try the glasses because the software works so well. The only difference I could see would be if you used LED lighting, but I have different colored lights for night.

I remember using it and it didn't really have an effect on me. Maybe I'll give it another go.

You should tweak the settings so that it looks really red. It is going to look completely fucked and unusable when you are setting it up, but after using it for a few days you get used to it. The only time I notice it is sometimes it makes things a bit harder to see in already dark games.
My "sunset" setting is at 2300k and my night time setting is 1900k. Do you use LED light bulbs? If you use anything brighter or whiter than ye old incandescent then that can screw you up too, in which case the glasses might be a better idea.

Sleeping? Not a clue. Eye strain? Massive improvement.

Attached: gunnars.jpg (2048x1152, 585K)

desu, flux is better for the most part though i can't say i know much about the sleep thing
i just have bad eyes that get watery and weak in the wee hours of night

redshift here. Makes me sleepy at bedtime, but I'm still an insomniac.

op is a retard

uvex

does anyone know anti blue light glasses that are actually somewhat /fa/ or at least fit a small head well?

I want to know too. My head isn't small but I'd like some normal looking ones. Will amber colored glasses work?

>Download flux
>Turn it on
>Get a bad bad feeling because the colours are fucked
>Can't work properly
>Uninstall flux

For me, flux just causes even more eye strain. I have no idea why.

what's wrong with blue light?
are my eyes in danger if I look to blue sky?

RUN

Get up (get on up)

Get uppa (get on up)

Stay on the scene

Like a lovin' machine

Attached: The-James-Brown-Interview-That-Proves-that-Cocaine-is-One-Hell-of-a-Drug-Nameless.tv.jpg (708x396, 22K)

Your eyes evolved in millions of year to adapt to the spectrum of the Sun (which is practically a 6000 K black body). Artificial lighting's spectra are most of the time (aside from incandescent light) not even close to the spectrum of the Sun. Your pupils contract upon bright red and yellow light, not so much for blue light. So when you're looking at a screen/lamp that has tons of blue in its spectrum but hardly anything else, your pupils will remain wide open, meaning lots of blue light (and thus energy) will enter and damage your eyes.

You wear an hour or two them before going to sleep to block blue light which keeps you awake and kills your eyes faster.

>the brightness to the minimum
You're supposed to use redshift if your OS is too shit to include it or something similar by default. Also, if you reduce brightness to minimum your screen would go blank.

Kills your eyes.
>blue sky?
Different light.

That's the exact same thing if you just install f.lux

bet you're europoor who dosen't even wear boots when they go to sleep

> Blue light messes with your sleep.
Yes
>Blue light is basically Hitler entering into your eyes
No
If it bothers you just use f.lux or calibrate your screen to reduce the intensity of the blue LEDs.
Glasses do basically the same but cannot be calibrated and can be uncomfortable. They're for people who don't know what screen settings are, or use a monitor that they are not allowed to calibrate.

why should I reduce blue light only in evenings and not all the time?

just use f.lux

Attached: 454.png (327x407, 791K)

>Use in evening during hours that should "normally" be dark hours.
Just close the curtains like a normal person.

See Your body just responds to it by being more awake (tricked into thinking it's daytime). It's not damaging.

Got redshift and I'm going to try it out. Work nightshift so I need all the sleep aids I can get.

>Not using the blue filter tool integrated into some operating systems

Do the anti-blue glasses without yellow tint work?

that would prevet you from taking in the sun in the morning. brightness for waking up is just as important as darkness for sleeping

Those probably only filter a few specific wavelengths but the the entire blue spectrum.

Safety glasses? sure I use them every time I work with power tools or mow the lawn. I sleep like a baby knowing I've done every thing I can to protect my eyes from debris.

Safety is no accident, user

well if you're like me and like to open your curtains in the morning, you won't be able to read your screen if Flux is turned to 100% if a significant amount of sunlight hits your screen. i guess if you keep your room dark with black out curtains 24/7 then yea you can use it. but good lord get some Vitamin D for once

Yeah but are they effective?
Do they make a difference for the eyes?

doubtful. i would think the darker the glasses are tinted, the better. i remember reading somewhere that the Flux app filters 96% of blue light when the app is set at 100%. in this mode, all blue shades look more green on my screen. i think if you are still able to see blue shades clearly on a screen, you are getting blue light exposure.

I think you'd have to filter out at least the 440 nm to 480 nm spectrum, but ideally even more.

Attached: 1508256483774.png (782x738, 109K)