What is your favourite holiday, Jow Forums?

What is your favourite holiday, Jow Forums?

Attached: 5234523536456.jpg (450x700, 24K)

New Year's eve because every time more people die

Bonfire night!

Attached: _flandre_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_moja_moja4192_ec313f46cd6b3dadd5e19170e7e40949.jpg (559x800, 416K)

My birthday

What's wrong with your New Year's eves? Ours are fun as hell, but not very dangerous.
What's that?

New Years' Eve because fireworks.

retards fall down their balconies or die on account of the fireworks

Well, when I think about it, here on the New Year's eve people die from alcohol poisoning sometimes. But most Russians are experienced enough to not take it that far.

November 5th. When we celebrate the attempt on the King's life in 1605. We light bonfires, fireworks and burn effigies.

Attached: touhou-flandre-scarlet-remilia-scarlet-chibi-cute.jpg (1920x1237, 356K)

Oh, I believe I've heard about that one. Never knew that's the way you guys celebrate it though. Sounds like a lot of fun.

It is! My family always used to celebrate it together. My grandmother would bake fudge and other sweets and stuff and everyone would pile on a years worth of waste wood and such to the fire.
And then the next day I go to the fireworks display with my friend and get wasted.

Attached: d0eba014864a009a854e8bf2e946604584c86d32c218143f24c9ef6ffc0aa7d6.jpg (992x992, 252K)

I sure have missed out on a lot of stuff when I was in the UK. For some reason people weren't too enthusiastic about celebrating it in my town. They might have fired a couple of fireworks, but nothing special. Or maybe I was just too far away from the center at the time when the actual celebration was taking place.

I really did enjoy the Chinese New Year in London though!

Christmas because it's also my birthday

Attached: 879063b1dc0e3be44ddcca5d75a6626ca077d6e8.png (1447x2039, 1.2M)

Chrismas because then people at least pretend they care about eachother.

Attached: 1540408062395.png (541x449, 183K)

Oh perhaps it's not celebrated much in the South I'm not sure... Around here everyone does it. It can be hard to get to sleep because of all the light and noise sometimes. I remember as a kid we would always collect exploded rockets on the way to school and such the next day.
I don't think I've ever seen a Chinese New Year celebration before. What's it like?

Attached: 1538098176971.png (800x800, 433K)

That's rare. Is it a good thing to have two holiday of such significance on the same day?
I think they actually do care, at least on Christmas. The atmosphere of the holiday kinda brings people together.
I think Chinese New Year is something they celebrate mostly in London, cause it has a very lardge Chinese community. Its a very fun thing - there's lots of plcaes to get street food from, lots of performers come from China to give a show. But the main thing happens in China Town. They make a large costume of a Chinese dragon and it walks from one Chinese restaurant to another demanding some sort of cabbidge in exchange for a blessing. Its all accompanied with actors and drums. Maybe something great happens at night as well, but we only spent around 8 hours there, so I can't really tell.

Yes. My immediate family celebrates Christmas in the morning and then my more extended family comes over in the evening to celebrate my birthday. I get twice the presents on one day!

Sweet! I'm asking because here lots of families will just celebrate it as one big thing instead of two separate holidays. But I guess its mostly due to poverty which is quite a problem in Russia.

Halloween!
Well, Hop-Tu-Naa, our version of Halloween.

Attached: 1531200575409.jpg (2000x1600, 177K)

I didn't know you guys had your own kind of Halloween over there. Must be nice to maintain a tradition like that. Does it differ much from the regular one?

It's not too different. We carve turnips instead of pumpkins, since it originated before the Americas were colonised, and kids are expected to sing traditional songs when trick-or-treating. They still dress up and such, though I'm not sure if that was part of it originally.

Attached: 1509501571160.jpg (509x509, 22K)

Sounds like a cute tradition. Unfortunetley, we don't have any kind of Halloween here. Some people are trying to implemet it somehow, but its not that easy when there's so many people against it.

I like the halloween holidays pretty much because falls is my favorite season :)

What about you?

For me the New Year's eve has always been the best. Its pretty much like Christmas here - we decorate the fur tree, give each other presents and prepare all kinds of dishes. Its especially comfy when we get a snowy night, but we get those less and less often lately, unfortunately.

well I can understand, but I guess I prefere my holidays peaceful rather than with a lot of family/friends x)

That's cool too, but we don't get many like that here. Almost every holiday here is a family occasion or something that is supposed to be celebrated in a big company of friends/neighbors.