What is the optimal way to charge your phone to minimize battery wear?

What is the optimal way to charge your phone to minimize battery wear?

Attached: 800px_COLOURBOX1172846.jpg (540x800, 29K)

no fast charging and try to keep the battery between 20 and 80%

never unplug it from the charger it will never die

No longer a concern since NiCad died

Dont use batteries

The optimal way for a Li-Ion battery is actually using it in bursts. Discharge 10%, let it rest, discharge 10% ... charge 10%, let it rest, charge 10%, let it rest. Although with smartphones nowadays, a battery can't rest at all, there's always power being drawn, so just do whatever.

>if you want to keep your battery close to 100% health, always use it for maximum 60% of its capacity
Kinda defeats the purpose

>keep the battery between 20 and 80%
I love this meme, but doing this over time will usually damage the cells and/or confuse the battery controller which will think the cell has more wear than it really has

Battery "health" is misleading.
It'd be more like
>If you don't want to battery capacity to be utter shit after a year, don't discharge it completely and don't charge it completely.

Protip: Just charge your phone at night and don't think about it too much. Pretty much everything with a rechargeable battery in it has some sort of preventative measure built-in to prevent most wear and tear.
Obsessing about keeping your phone between 20% and 80% or something like that at this point is just too much effort for little or no difference at all.

Attached: not impressed.png (209x200, 15K)

This. It doesn’t matter when most people get new phones every two years anyhow.

What this nigger said

I have a 9-year old iPod touch that has bottomed out many times and it still charges to 100%.
It still plays video and music. I don't know what its duration is like, though.

>confuse the battery controller
yeah, I bet you like to "confuse the muscles" during your workouts too
>that is even if you do workout, pajeet

Avoid deep discharges. That's all.

Only person who isn't retarded.

For fuck's sake I hate that retards haven't learned this yet. Why do so many people act like they know what they are talking about when it comes to batteries?

can someone write an app that lets us smack the battery controller upside the haid? "just.. fucking.. CHARGE IT, ASSHOLE. *smack*"

I think you don't really understand what an acpi controller is. Please watch the 8-Bit goy video on it.

>Just charge your phone at night and don't think about it too much.
Fucking this.
You'll switch phones way before you notice the battery wear.

>You'll switch phones way before you notice the battery wear.
Reason I replace my phone is when the battery worn out.

I dont buy phones every time the next fagship phone comes out.
Battery wear can come into effect as little as 1 year of time depending of use.

This is considering you're not such a loser faggot as you rub off to be.

Don't use fast chargers and try to charge it as often as you can. That's it, really.

My first battery lasted me 1.5 years, once more 1.5 years passed and I start noticing my second battery getting shittier by the week. That's all in all 20 bucks for 3 years, and I use fast charging every night.

Stop worrying about it. The battery indicator on most devices are intentionally incorrect. 0% on the indicator actually means a huge chunk of charge is still left so that the battery doesn't explode. 100% doesn't mean 100% either.

Did you just buy some shitty chinese battery thinking that same broken shit like 'its the same thing'? Bet you did.

Battery wear never occurred to me in a very noticeable way, but that might be because I charge nightly so I always have charge for the whole day.

just buy replacement when it wear off

unless you are Aplet then buy new phone

>0% on the indicator actually means a huge chunk of charge is still left so that the battery doesn't explode
Actually incorrect. If you drain a lithium battery entirely you can't charge it back. The battery essentially becomes a volatile brick.

>has some sort of preventative measure built-in
That measure is called upgrading every 18 months

Charge it when it needs charging and let the software/hardware take care of itself. Batteries are unpossible to not degrade. Don't worry about it. Your device should still work in 5 years.

Don't throw electronics away so often. Batteries typically last a long time with minimal wear. You can keep a phone for at least 5 years before you see any actual severe battery issues.

>make a Bluetooth speaker with 18650 batteries
>decide to splurge on lg chem
>200wh, spent close to $200
>fell for the drain battery to 0 everyday meme
>battery pack holds less than half capacity now

Well she still plays like 36hours in half volume so not bad

Don't keep the battery at 0% for more than a month.
Don't expose to extreme heat or cold.

Anything else is a meme. Batteries are fantastic nowadays.
Fast charging automatically pauses if you're above 50% capacity making it non-issue. And charging slows down after 80% so this is false.

This.

Run it completely dead and fast charge it overnight, keep it plugged in at all times you are stationary and near an outlet.