Turns out all are cases are laid out wrong

Attached: 1533962754689.jpg (1000x960, 288K)

What if you have a full size or bigger mobo tho

Looks like a steampunk Prodigy

i still like the silverstone raven design better w/ the mobo angled 90° and the ports facing top

I have a FT02 and Love it, going to use it for my upcoming build too

used to have a FT01 and now FT05 black windowless it is a good case

That actually looks really nice. I always have liked horizontal-towers, (idk if it's the right term), though, so I might be biased.

W I D E

Looks like a taller version of the Thermaltake Armor cases.

are there any desktop cases with a horizontal motherboard design that can accept a full sized graphics card? thinking something like a Node 202

Just get a rack mount or an HTPC you mongrels

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x500, 14K)

What's wrong with a normal vertical ATX?

then you go xbox hueg

Attached: case.jpg (600x580, 111K)

Nothing. Some of these offer a lot of HDD room but it's just an aesthetic thing

what is the actual name of this kind of case? I cant find them

If only AMD cards weren't so power hungry and more games supported crossfire. My Z370A supports crossfire and 650W PSUlet

The form factor is mini ITX. It supports extra small motherboards

Some of them may be referred to as "modular cases" if the mobo tray is removable.

horizontal motherboard, this one() is a thermaltake core x9

It looks like an early 2000s "gayming" case. Some shit NZXT would have made.

It's interesting to note that all the early PCs had motherboards mounted horizontally. Don't really know any good reason to go back to that, though. It's not like we put our computer monitors on top of our PC cases today (most don't, anyway).

That's one ugly-looking PC case, btw. I find those two fan-mounts(?) on the top to be ugly to the point where it disgusts me.

>a full size or bigger mobo
see pic related

Attached: ibm-xt.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

That's some pretty kino airflow

HTPC's don't need to look like a stereo receiver, my personal preference is a smaller square box.

Attached: VID_20180831_182912.webm (1920x1080, 597K)

>obnoxious green glowing box
>ram with leds that flow
disgusting

No thanks, I would never go back to a ugly tower case with wasted space again.

There's no specific name for this case layout, but you may find them listed as cube cases.

Except neither of those cases is mini-ITX.

I have one of these, aerocool dead silence. It shares the same frame as this deep ool steam punk thing and xigmatek. Now im eyeing for the thermaltake core v21
Once you go horizontal, you don't wanna go back to vertical

Attached: dsblack.png (360x409, 191K)

Thermaltake Core X9, Cooler Master HAF Evo, or Caselab's cases are some with horizontal motherboard placement.

Attached: 1516554027758.jpg (1000x741, 121K)

Its a cube case fagget

fractal need to make one of these

caselabs is dead

It's called a "desktop" formfactor you retard and they do still exist. The alternative being "tower" that is now default though.

Attached: 0008.png (200x180, 7K)

Seems like GPU sag is not possible with these cases. Pretty nice. But lack of hdd space makes it a deal breaker.

>GPU sag
How can you be so bad at settings things up properly that this would be an issue?

well I don't know. I never had a large videocard because I've heard the stories of GPU sag. I still use minis. I just don't want to risk having it happen and it sounds believable. Those cards are big.

Why?. Is gpu sag rare?.

If you're a mouth breather, yeah

That case is fucking hideous. I will sacrifice some thermal efficiency for looks. I guess I'm vain after all.

This looks like some shit out of a Dr. Seuss book. You can shove it right back up your asswhole.

The layout depends on what you're trying to do. Are you trying to keep things cool or do you want to just remove heat?

Of course it makes more sense for that orientation
Why the fuck would you want components hanging of the side to eventually ruin the socket or screws
Look, i do a vertical case as it saves space and way easier to find than one like your pic

go big or go home

Attached: case_2.jpg (1401x1274, 564K)