Why are they both assholes?

Attached: linux.jpg (320x187, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jskq3-lpQnE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who the fuck are these people?

autism

linux and gnu

Person on the left is at least a very competent engineer and a great programmer, to say the least.

Person on the right is IT analogue of "Back in my day" downtown drunkard, with a severe autism.

One is famous youtuber who makes shilling videos about hardware.
Other one is communist who grows food on his feet.

>Person on the left is at least a very competent engineer and a great programmer, to say the least.
This is true. He's just a dick to people who work on the kernel
>Person on the right is IT analogue of "Back in my day" downtown drunkard, with a severe autism.
You mean a boomer?

I've seen Stallman sperg out live and in public but, Linus? Why is Mr Linux an asshole? He seemed to be really cool in talks

OP probably refers to his angry letters.

What angry letters? Can you post some

unironically, go to reddit, they have a sub called r/linusrants

He's a dick to people who don't take shit seriously, while claiming to be a competent engineers.
He's nice to newbies and harsh with people who claim to be seniors, but refuse to own their mistakes.
There's an idea still prevalent in IT that senior position in development gives you all the benefits, without a significant responsibility for occasions when shit goes wrong. In any other field of engineering stunts that devs easily pull off would get you fired and forgotten.
Hence, I support his attitude.

Fuck. Best description ever.

I'll copy and paste a good post from that reddit that is relevant to this thread and is a good answer to OP:

''First of all, let me tell you something: he is not an asshole. I mean, he periodically is, but only when it's totally necessary. And it's not very easy to BTFO Linus because he is usually right (I think there was a quote by one of the top Kernel developers that it's so annoying to argue with him exactly because he is right so often).

The other thing that you should keep in mind is that Linus is a fucking hero for the average Linux user. Why? Well... Besides making the damn thing, he also made it the first rule of Linux Kernel Development to NEVER BREAK USERSPACE! Keep in mind that a great portion of the software that runs on Linux is free and open source that some people develop in their free time. They have to actually do some other work in order to... you know... pay rent and eat food. It's a relief for them to know that their apps will not be broken one morning because someone in the Kernel Development food chain decided that it's more elegant to refactor some obscure-looking function (thus giving a hard time to their mail inboxes with all the bug reports). If you take a look at Linus' worst rants, they are usually about violating this one rule: "DO NOT BREAK MOTHER-FUCKING USERSPACE!".
He is the voice for those of us who have no voice. He shields us against all sorts of software ideologues, "purists" and pretentious jerks who would have driven the project to the ground from day one if it wasn't for him.''

Richard Stallman on the other hand, does nothing. He doesn't sperg out live on stage because it's good for us or for anybody, he does it because he is fucking autistic.

Attached: barto.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Left is Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft.
Right is Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple.

I legit came here just to post this word.

Fucking Linus should be the first image on Jow Forums not fucking autistic stallman.

Working with idiots makes a man bitter.

He wrote the GCC.

Fuck off, /v/.

fuck off autist and take your fat dirty ass commie stallman with you.

he's old
he can do more speaking than sitting alone muted writing

>sperg out live on stage
?

This

True. That's why I called him "back in my day" drunkard. In my experience, many of them really did great things or at least had notable achievements back in the day. But then they let their vices and imperfections muddle their lives and they ended up broke and forgotten.
GCC was a great achievement, but then he decided to preach GNU to the world and let his obvious flaws ruin him in the eyes if the public.

youtube.com/watch?v=jskq3-lpQnE

Communists are all assholes

Yes, and he has been coasting on it since

are you making fun of him having a break down for wasting part of his life for nothing on literal stupid monkeys? it just unintentionally and maybe without him knowing it, reminded him that he maybe wasted his life in the same way on the whole movement for nothing
that aside, those are macacos

The industry doesn't promote social skills

i mean when you get to that age you know your days are numbered and he's obviously using them for something he believes in

This is why software industry is filled with overpaid assholes.

and to back my thoughts with the video
> it's too late! what the hell am i supposed to do
@ 02 08
see? he's only human but if you unironically are making fun of him for that you're garbage and an asshole

GNU plus Linux

You don't know half of what you're talking about.

Dr. Linux and mr. Gnu.

is he doctor?

Modern IT / programming industry is still very young and immature (some would argue that it's a built-in trait, I'm not all that convinced of that).
Software development is a lot different process than it was 20+ years ago, with different demands and work specifics. I hope that we can create a middle ground between "traditional" engineering fields with their rigidity and "we just broke an important part of the application with our new bloated, but cool js framework, we will fix it. Eventually. Maybe."

A difference in IQ greater than 10 points or so tends to make it harder to get along with someone. Higher IQ people are also more maladjusted. Lastly, autism affects social skills.

Stallman is the actual Dr, though

Get checked for autism

Give me a source on that IQ nonsense if you don't mind.
Even if it's true, it's certainly contextual. "Getting along" requires a specific context to make sense of it. I'm fine with drinking with people who are dumber or smarter than me and I'm okay with living with a woman who's a but smarter or a bit less intelligent than me.
Cultural and contextual differences can alter this statement from "absolutely true" to "absolutely false" in a flash.

Smart guys, passionate about their field and don't like having their time wasted. Run into similar types pretty often in programming circles

Maybe now stollman is lazy faggot, but without him we wouldnt have gñu linux and free software at all. He wrote first gnu programs and convince linus to use free gnu license

They have to be assholes. If they were as submissive beta males as OP then others would ruin their work permanently. They have to rule with an iron fist to make sure it doesn't happen. GNU is very popular but Linux is so popular that practically everything uses it. That means that there are endless amounts of people constantly breaking it while trying to steer it at their direction.

You know, I think I'd respect Stallman more if I heard about him actually coding. Last I heard, all he does is travel around making speeches and having autistic fits. He's so obsessed with hardware and software freedom that he uses gimped hardware and only uses it for emailing people; does he even browse the web? GUIs aren't free enough for this man.

I get it, you believe software should be free, but there's a point where you're going too far, what is the point of insisting on free software to the point where you can't even live a normal life?

You know, I think I'd respect Stallman more if he shaved and didn't wear the same clothes

Linus can be an asshole for all i care, he gets shit done. Stallman is a glorified welfare queen on par with Shaniqua

What don't you understand? Or do you need to be walked through it, babby? 50% Linus (YT faggot), 50% Stallman... Geezus...

/thread

>what is the point of insisting on free software to the point where you can't even live a normal life?

That's the point of living by an ideal, he lives by his words and ideas no matter the price, if he acted differently he would be a hypocrite. People who do this are necessary in a world like ours where pragmatism surpasses integrity and authenticity, and if weren't by them we would live in a shittier world.

Stop it, get some help.

Inflated egos
One is a programming elitist and the other acts morally superior to everyone

His dislike of guis is more due to him being oldschool than basing it on principle i think

More like one is based the other is redpilled

Just imagine being surrounded by brainlets all the time.

Daily reminder that __auto_type, statement expressions and local functions make gnuc acceptable lisp.

>__auto_type,
didnt know about that thats p cool

so youre okay with being around people while sharing a vice? yeah, no fucking shit.

So is everyone who's smarter than you an asshole?

Attached: 15080095584710.jpg (300x225, 28K)

You don't achieve things by being a conformist.

ones a kike commie and the other is a fin

know it all nerds are always assholes

For hating on freedom.

Actually Linus is the commie; before he switched Linux' license to the GPL, selling was not allowed.

145 here and I don't treat people like dick.
I do have antisocial tendencies and a loathing for humanity though.

Autism

I like Linus.

kek'd
linus hate people in general
rms hate non-free people

Attached: gno.png (1000x669, 950K)

Git and Emacs, or
Git and gcc, or
Git and gdb, or

Chaotic good vs lawful evil

Bill Gates and Bud Spencer

Steve Jobs and Jesus

145 here too and I would say I'm pretty well adjusted with no antisocial tendencies
I used to loathe humanity but I grew out of it, I'm neurotic as fuck though and have serious fucking issues with self-loathing and self-sabotage

not the same guy, but I just checked it, it’s beautiful!

do you know every communist?

The only asshokr I see is the one on the right

I agree that everything was shitly planned, they did rely on the audience to understand a language which isn't native for all of them without someone to traduce it. Although I do not think that was the correct way to react. He is a grown man, yet he looked like a child making tantrum. If he's so exhausted for everything he has done, then why not retire?

Attached: download.jpg (217x232, 7K)

heard of the straw and the cammel's back?
>retire?
cuz he has nothing else? and is what he fought for

>reddit
>trovals dies, linux goes to trash (already started, m$, jewgle, nsa/cia niggers and so on)
>dr. stallman dies, movement will continue to the end of times
thanks richard

Attached: gnudance.jpg (1024x1372, 208K)

>yet he looked like a child making tantrum
This. How is his """interjection""" not a similar child-like tantrum, just to a different degree? This guy is impotent and has done more harm to the computer industry than introducing benefit.

>the meme is a real citation

Attached: superlibrespeed_mach2.jpg (640x427, 152K)

Yeah. I've seen the documentary as well. The dude is an autistic larper who doesn't know anything about computers and is hypocritical about proprietary software.