Now that the dust has settled, why did it flop so hard?

Now that the dust has settled, why did it flop so hard?

Attached: 9E815BBC-4E03-400F-943E-74D55FB35460.jpg (1512x800, 110K)

everyone wants an iphone or something that looks like an iphone

Because it looked like shit and was too late to the game. Oh, and
>microsoft

That alone sealed its fate.

literally no apps

there never was any dust to begin with

these

no apps
the phone itself is honestly ok and i've made a few apps for my own phone. some good customisation features too

The only possible advantage it could have had, if it could run standard Windows executables, and thus basically make the phone a tiny Windows netbook.

If they had done this, it would probably be the industry standard today, as so many folks use Windows at work.

They didn't do this - instead they made it entirely proprietary and not anymore compatible Windows than any other phone (less, in some ways), and well, we all know the only reason anyone deals with Windows is because it easily runs the software they commonly use. This doesn't. It's all the pain of Windows, with none of the advantages.

In short, Microsoft greed and control freaks, causing the company to shoot itself in the foot, yet again.

>ugly as fuck
In a time when phones OSs are looking like Vista, MS goes full retard and puts the shitty and hate Metro into their phones. It's literally just colored squares with white text

god I miss windows phone

It took them three years after the original iPhone (and two years after the first Android phone) to come up with a modern mobile OS, and it was closer to Windows Mobile and the Zune than it was to Win NT. No one wanted to write apps for it, they had to BRIBE companies to do it (just like they bribe customers to use Bing).

Then two years later they drop the massive steaming turd that is Windows 8 onto unsuspecting users, and suddenly everyone associates Windows Phone with that shitty new Windows that comes with laptops.

#metoo
even if i'am a linuxtard

>Stacy couldn't send her nudes on Snapchat
>Chad couldn't receive Stacy's nude on Snapchat

The question is what was microsoft's master plan with windows phones

>microsoft on any device other than the one your boss provides

Who """"""""""""designed"""""""""""" this shit? You can't even associate the right labels with the correct controls.

Attached: image.jpg (478x799, 113K)

to kill Android

>both 'On' and an already obvious slider
Why

So am I.
I loved my Lumia. Both software and hardware.

Windows, Microsoft, but no legacy forcing people to use it.

Not to forget Windows charged you 100$ extra for the privilege of using executables on its shitty tablets

* First iterations were based on WinCE but weren't compatible with WinMobile apps. A big fuck you for their existing (and notorious) WinMobile 6.x userbase.

* First major version upgrade (WinPho 8) switched from CE to NT core, so no devices could be upgraded from 7.x to 8 or 8.x

* Apple-like lockdowns restricting app debugging and installation outside of the store. Like if everybody were trying to jailbreak or root the OS.

* Apple-like developer treatment, but without the giant userbase or potential ROI.

* Zune-like UI that wastes a lot of space, it wasn't possible to close apps until a later update and "notification center" was horrible.

* By the moment they try to fix WinPho releasing 8.1 most of the developers were abandoning the ship

* Then they released Win10Mobile and promised that all devices would be upgraded. Guess what? They didn't deliever and just a bunch of devices received the stable update. Another giant "fuck you" to the already small userbase (this is where I left the OS and went to Android).

Win10Mobil wasn't a bad OS after all, but the lack of apps killed it. If they had made it possible to run Win32 apps or install APKs thing would be different, maybe they would still be alive in the enterprise sector.

metro

I had a windows phone at one point. No official apps for anything. Very good hardware design since it was nokia, but changed to android after five months or so. Couldnt stand the lack of fucking apps

Steve Balmer

It still hurts bros, Windows Phone was so comfy

Attached: stf,small,600x600-c,0,0,1000,1000.jpg (1000x1000, 162K)

Couldn't decide on a market. If they went at the budget phone demo with all their effort it probably would have survived and today would be eating android's shitty low end market lunch. Attempting to compete on the high end with apple and samsung was a mistake.

>Fisher-Price GUI
>Toy OS

It's way more consistent than android post 4.4.4