What IDE does Jow Forums recommend for C on windows?

what IDE does Jow Forums recommend for C on windows?
I tried using codeblocks but it won't let me compile a program made out of a single file.

Attached: 1430089683088.jpg (1600x1062, 499K)

You need a project to tell codeblocks what kind of libraries and shiet you will use, and the same is true for all the IDEs.

If you don't want to use Visual Studio (not Visual Studio Code, people get them confused since Microsoft doesn't know how to name things) which is pretty much the standard on Windows, you could always go the other route of using an editor like vim/emacs/joe/etc. with cygwin versions of all the common tools like gcc gdb and so on

Yeah if you're using anything besides VS you'll have to specify which compiler you're using. To OP, if you don't have one installed look into cygwin gcc. If you're new though I'd recommend just installing VS, for Windows it's usually the way to go for most people.

Attached: joe2.png (726x525, 116K)

I tried VS but it feels so bloated
I'm using cygwin right now but I want something with a friendlier debugger.

Dev-C++ may be worth looking into

What do you exactly need from your IDE?

>friendly debugging
>C
as bloated and shit visual studio may be, it has the best debugger out of everything, GDB isn't anywhere near its league unfortunately

Linux with Vim or Emacs. I prefer the latter but it's the matter of mindset.

Right now my concern is a easy to use debugger
>Dev-C++
But can it compile plain C?
Ugh... I'll have to look into which version has less botnet and how to compile C.

Just use Vim. It sounds intimidating at first but if you ever
run into any issues, StackOverflow has a lot of good info.

Attached: Dl6TiNXUUAA7nH9.jpg (689x920, 153K)

Yes, it comes with it's own C/C++ compiler, too. Setup file is like 50 or so MB.

What about minGW? How's the debugger?

Attached: 1306913541634.jpg (185x301, 12K)

You need to learn how to use gcc/g++/gdb from the command line. You'll then understand how to set up any IDE of your choice.

clion

cant you just copy with CTRL+SHIFT?

Notepad and tinyC

gdb and valgrind both work very well, that being said yeah if you want ease of use VS is the way to go by far. the main case where i wouldn't recommend it is if you like working with cutting edge c++ features (it took them until like 2015 to get full c++11 support and even now c++17 support is weird and unpredictable) or if you have a slower machine. I tried using it on my thinkpad t410 and it ran like shitttt. in any case though C isn't an easy language when it comes to debugging, just gotta get used to that

>babbys first time playing with c and he is too dumb to google
fucking compsci majors are fucked

ubuntu vm

PellesC

Gentoo

Attached: 1536237722405.gif (640x360, 457K)

I have gdb but I can't stand using it through cygwin.
I'm still not learning c++ so i see no use for vs yet.
I'll try valgrind later on tho.

Literal shit

i mean you can still use normal C with VS, i guess the only bad limitation is that if you want to restrict yourself to an older version like c99 or something you don't have anything to do that with

one last bump