Are you ever tempted to join the military just to program on those nice ass computers past 4 gigahertz?

Are you ever tempted to join the military just to program on those nice ass computers past 4 gigahertz?

Attached: stephen-colbert.jpg (3000x1993, 1.11M)

The fuck are you talking about? The only computers you'd be touching in the military are old dells that can barely open Excel. You'd have a ton of years to get through before you could ever touch anything of importance.

Lol I guess 4 u there is no reason to join then huh? 2 bad go learn emacs

Another Jow Forums basement escapee who hasnever served? OK.

I despise weapons but if those killbots are what I need to program to get at dat lisp then by all means lets make some killbots.

Attached: 1534388084703.jpg (690x330, 104K)

I could make a stuxnet virus that finds copies of the koran and changes little words in it here and there so eventually the muslims will get a wrong copy of the quaran and memorize the wrong thing.

Perfect ops

I did consider joining the military once but the following factors made me reconsider:
1. Not very good pay
2. Risk to life and limb
3. Being used as a political pawn in the so-called "War on Terror"
4. The possibility of hurting innocents

1. No need for pay get my degree and make bank after I get out. Just find security vulnerabilities and print money as a pentester. e z p z.

2. Risk of life and limb is not as likely as a coder who knows emacs and shit. You are only risking if you disobey your superior officer basically.

3. Pawn in the war on terror. Well if I do not fill the position someone else will so meh.

4. Hurting innocents. Again someone else is goign to do this in my stead. At least I can try to design killbots which make a clean painless kill right into the center of the brain. Perfect accuracy.Besides the military tries their best not to hurt innocents. It's not their main agenda to kill innocents.

It is regrettable that anyone would risk participating in murder but the least I can do about it is to not participate. I don't think most service members want to hurt anyone, let alone innocents. But again, there is that risk.

You're like one of those people who hates cops and laywers for no reason without understanding the function they play into society.

Humans are violent creatures get over it. Accept what you are. You are a violent member of a violent race and we must be violent to protect other people from being violent against us.

If someone wants to come blow up my town they deserve a bullet right in the middle of their skull. Right between the eyes. And I'd be happy to make the robot that puts it in there. And the one I trust to use that robot the most wisely is the united states military.

i wanted to be in the coast guard t b h

they'll have a retard like you pushing a mop for four years.

Yeah... that's why I don't feel like joining. It is super tempting though.

By the way it's really six years, not four ;)

sounds easy to me, although i doubt most people on Jow Forums are strong enough to push a mop.

Some of don't like getting blisters

would be a non issue after bootcamp

Your hobbesean philosophy doesn't phase me. The idea that humans are inherently violent is a narrative that works well with authoritarians because it justifies greater authoritarianism. If anything, we are violent because of the conditions that we have put ourselves in.

You seem to be fixated on the idea that robots should do our killing. If you ask me, that would take away human agency. A weapon, at its very core, is a tool. It is an extension of human strength or the means by which you transform human strength into a significantly more efficient means of killing. If we are to kill, we can at least decide upon it. A man who holds a rifle has judgement. A robot could also have judgement, but it does not have human judgement. Even if we were to craft robotic killing machines that read emotion, robots would kill ultimately according to directive. What separates human soldiers from robotic killing machines is that we can more easily ignore directive and use mercy. A robot sparing a person would, in all likelihood, not do so because of emotional or philosophical implications of not doing so. I think it is likely that in time a robot could be able to do that but ultimately, I think, it defeats the purpose of having a robot.

I don't think anyone wants to blow up your town. At least I know this much: I am not personally under threat by enemies of my country. Foreign enemies cannot harm me. Only enemies at home can.

I don't hate lawyers and I don't necessarily hate cops. They do provide a function into our society but that doesn't mean that the function they engage in is morally right.

>inb4 morality is subjective

Don't care about the pay, the benefits far exceed the pay. Atleast in my cunt.
Then choose one that doesn't
You are always used as a pawn anyways
Lol

I joined the military and I sit at a computer and write scripts all day.

Did the math, and I'm getting the equivalent of $45k at a normal job.
I'll be getting a promotion at the end of the year and that will go up to $70k.

Not bad considering my hours. I get 30 days paid vacation, every federal holiday off, and then some extra days sprinkled in by command to make 4 day weekends.

Nobody is innocent. Life doesn't matter. Money is irrelevant. You're a brainlet.

I peg you as an idealist. And although you may be correct about how things should be you are incorrect about how things will be within our lifetimes.

We have a realistic degree to which we can influence the human race for the better within our lifetimes. If we push humanity to change to far too quickly it will become unstable.

As to the idea of robots taking away human choice not exactly. You give up some choice to the traffic light robots when you drive down the road but it is not such a hard thing and it keeps us safer.

I can agree that things like CCTV violate things that humans old dear like privacy and such, however humans must adapt if we are going to go on this continual path of improvement.

Otherwise what you want is not continual improvement and you should become a mute monk in the monastary and meditate and farm rice. And humanity will stay the same and die earlier.

You have to also factor in the great benefits you get from the military such as insurance and such. Also certain financial institutions such as banks and the irs can give special benefits to military people.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you can get clearance you will make significantly more money in a programming job if you can keep your clearance.

No, because I do not work for the government.

Nobody is innocent? Of what? I have never killed a person in my life. I think I am qualified to say that I am not guilty of murder. So maybe reconsider your definition of "innocent".

>As to the idea of robots taking away human choice not exactly. You give up some choice to the traffic light robots when you drive down the road but it is not such a hard thing and it keeps us safer.
This is stupid. Traffic lights are non-thinking, automated systems. Not only that, but they are not equivalent to death machines as you put it.

>I can agree that things like CCTV violate things that humans old dear like privacy and such, however humans must adapt if we are going to go on this continual path of improvement.
>Otherwise what you want is not continual improvement and you should become a mute monk in the monastary and meditate and farm rice. And humanity will stay the same and die earlier.
>Implying that progress is defined by the increase of surveillance.
Did anime inform your opinions on progress?

I think I'm good, since really the way to lose your clearance is to be sus and travel/communicate with adversaries or be retarded and rack up tons of debt.

I'm too much of a jew to go into any debt.

Alriight if you don't think you obey a traffic light then drive through new york without obeying the lights and see what happens *^.^

Absolutely why would anime not inform my opinion in 2018 on Jow Forums

Yeah like they usually only give it to people who are super capable of handling it. Still though if you join you should attempt to get it if you are a programmer. It doesn't hurt to sign up for it.

Wow, get a load of these fucking redditors and their spacing

I already have a TS, I sit in a SCIF all day.
You won't use it in most assignments, and the ones you do, it's very much impressed upon you the importance of not being stupid.

True I mean life in the military is not glamorous. You are there to do a job and right now the us has everybody else cucked so there is not anybody to really go against worth the challenge. Still though when you get out and if you have it you can get a much higher paying job and work on cooler stuff like datacenters or botnet cracking.

Plus I predict that they will make a branch called the cyber force which may be modelled after the army cyber force. This force would treat the internet as it's own territory just land land air and sea. So you'd just go around taking out agressors on the internet and such which could in theory be more fun.

My unit is actually a component of USCYBERCOM, some of the stuff that happens is pretty fun.

Main reason I'm not re-enlisting is because of the nomadic lifestyle you have to live, and the strain it puts on relationships.

What about the billion paper copies that are already out there?

Well if you are performant you may be able to negotatiate for a job with less travel. It sounds to me like you wouldn't mind being a career man.

For example you could just teach coding in the academy.

Well the idea of a stuxnet virus that could acutally find the quaran is kind of a joke because it could be stored in a billion different formats and a stuxnet virus is meant to target one specific computer not every computer. But that being said if you somehow managed to mess up enough quarans then some of those would get printed and then reprinted and so on. It was just a sort of an example of a fun op to try out.

Oy vey, hello there ZOG

I could definitely see myself sticking in this sector for a long time, though just not enlisted.
IDK, makes my work feel meaningful in some way.

>prop up our failing military we ruined with faggots, shitskins, and women
No thanks.

It's literally a recruitment drive you dumb fucking nigger. Go enlist, I bet they need another tanker.

>implying that religious texts aren't an example of the "telephone experiment" anyways
that's so useless lol the document is already hearsay after hearsay. Probably not as bad as the bible though, although parts of the koran are just plagiarism of the bible lol

>Plus I predict that they will make a branch called the cyber force
We already have a Cyber Command, retard.
>This force would treat the internet as it's own territory just land land air and sea.
That's the NSA. DIA takes part in some of that too.
I hope none of you fags join. Stay jobless at home eating mum's tendies. Real men have work to do.

>joining the military these days

lmao

>And the one I trust to use that robot the most wisely is the united states military.

so you're not only amoral/likely sociopathic but also really really dumb. quite a combo

>Probably not as bad as the bible though, although parts of the koran are just plagiarism of the bible lol
... and parts of the Bible are plagiarized from the Torah. LOL.
It's all the same God, why wouldn't the documentation be similar?

>join the military
What an excellent goy you are!

>If someone wants to come blow up my town they deserve a bullet right in the middle of their skull.
This is, incidentally, the reason why the Taliban (and the Viet Cong, and the Sandinistas, and the Filipinos before them, all the way back to them injuns) manage to keep recruiting. Because the US keeps trying to blow up everyone else's towns.

>so-called "War on Terror"
No goyim no, fight for Israel. Look goyim user, look at the women of Israel, fight user goyim, fight!

Attached: girls_of_israel_army_forces_44.jpg (550x642, 88K)

You're fighting for Israel, remember that.