Just spent 20$ on direct die cooling frame

did I fuck up. hope the temp improvement is good. actually kinda hope the 9900k isn't soldered now so I can use it on it.

is delidding a soldered cpu basically impossible to do safely?

Attached: Capture.png (261x260, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hf8V_UulpBk#t=12m26s
youtube.com/watch?v=0_3F7urSGJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

delidding a soldered CPU is stupid, since your even liquidmetal is worse than indium solder.

also just FYI notice the gray plastic corners of the socket if you have huge big plate on bottom of cooler you have to cut them down as they higher than the die... be aware of this otherwise you will get 89deg boot temps.

>did I fuck up
you did when you decided to make Jow Forums your personal blog

yer but transfer of heat from CPU> indium solder + IHS + liquid metal >Cooler
is worse than just CPU> Liquid metal >cooler I think...

>changing stock anything for a 0.5% improvement
gamer alert

You want to run naked?

you fucked up when you bought intlel

well yer but if its soldered and too hard to remove I wont. just wondered how hard it is to delid a soldered cpu safely do you have to heat it up or some thing?.

he dun goofed

>soldered
>do you have to heat it up
What clued you in on that one Einstein?

/thread

idknow I ran a core2duo at 4.5ghz from 2008-2017.. making my 8086k or 9900k run 5deg cooler for its lifetime seems worth it to me. I don't like to update cpu that often new Ram standards and motherboards are too expensive.

it is very hard.
>do you have to heat it up or some thing?.
oh god.

It's not easy at all, I've seen people smash the die trying it. Seriously find a broken CPU and test it first.

whats the actual method thou just like normal delid but hoping nothing brakes? or do you do some thing different

>Is delidding a soldered cpu basically impossible to do safely
It's very easy, if you have extensive knowledge on what you're doing and thousands of dollars in equipment.
You fucked up.

This too:

you heat the goddamn IHS up to 200 Celsius to melt the solder and hope not to fry the die.

I hope you destroy whatever you buy. Seriously. Fuck you, and fuck the kikes over at intel for making delidding seem like a normal thing to do.

that sounds fucked. maybe ill try it in 5years time when the 9900k is 100$.

or you can buy a cheap amd cpu and try

>IHS + liquid metal
Don't do this.

Please record a video of you attempting to remove the soldered IHS and post it on Jow Forums. Thanks.

this hard

Attached: delid.png (692x474, 580K)

Attached: hory shet.jpg (200x173, 8K)

serious question that shit is so tiney how do they solder the output of the cores to the pins at the bottom like what wtf. that would be so fine. unless the cores have like big pads on the bottom?

robits

look up bonding

I bought this for my 7700k but realized i don't have proper screws for it. What screws you using to mount a cooler?

It's easy to do if you got a lighter.

8C difference on high wattage cpus?

youtube.com/watch?v=Hf8V_UulpBk#t=12m26s
10 core delid 8C delta

6 core delid 4C delta

Attached: SolderDelid.jpg (3225x755, 403K)

Not relevant for flip chips.
It's basically just very fine-pitch SMD soldering.

Sooooo its a CPU shim like from back in the day before IHS. Are we pretending this is new?

Unsoldered CPU is hard but doable, cleaning up remaining metal is the problem.

Wtf? Did he delid that soldered CPU without heating it? Is the Indium so soft that it just comes loose without breaking the die?

that's with putting the IHS back on thou 4-8deg with no IHS I think it would be higher on a 8700k/9900k it could be like 10-15deg improvement imo.

he hasn't tested the lower end cpus and just tests super hot ones that are hard to cool so the delta would be smaller? or larger?

Use the der8auer tool

Just microwave it for a few seconds and it will slide right off mate

/Thread

no paying 120$ to delid a cpu is stupid use a razorblade and live on the edge. also putting the lid back on is dumb buy a 20$ die frame instead and direct die cool its safe.

What wrong with doing that?

Only with you senpai

eats into the metal by 2atoms and drops temps by like 1deg over 5 years. people are paranoid fucks.

You fucked up even if 9900K is not soldered. Each die guard is only usable on the particular generation because the die have DIFFERENT HEIGHTS across generations. You either will have 2mm thick of thermal paste or a cracked die.

6/7/8/9 have the same Hight so no I didn't fuck up.

Yeah he used to do it with that tool, but nowadays he uses an oven. Rockitcool and people years ago did it with a lighter.

Use a metal delidding tool ( cut the 4 sides prior to this and then put it in + lighter and it'll work ). It's what's done in

youtube.com/watch?v=0_3F7urSGJI
He used a blue flame so it should only take 3-4 secs max.

He put the IHS back on in both cases and if you're really pushing power through the cpu, liquid metal starts to appear even better ( as long you're above 10C on the cpu ).

He'll just need to make his own with a printer if it doesn't work.

9series is same as 8 the 6/7 frame I got works perfectly with 8.

And that's why so much money gets poured into R&D, and why your CPU costs so much. They have to design the equipment to make the actual CPU first.

pretty sure they designed that equipment in like 2003. they have been ripping us off for years. if you actually think you get things at cost your a idiot. RnD prob costs like 10$ per cpu they sell billions.

>delidding a soldered cpu

bullshit.