So, I just came into some money for the first time in my life...

So, I just came into some money for the first time in my life. What better way to spend it than a pc I can't reasonably justify having?
In all seriousness, I have no idea what I'm doing? What parts should I buy with a $1500-1600 budget?

Attached: 1510720781183.jpg (500x373, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/MhF4P3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go AMD cpu and Nvidia GPU

Which amd and which nvidia? I am looking at pc part picker and there are multiples by those brands to choose from. Should I just pick the most expensive ones?

wait for ZEN2 and get a Nvidia GTX 2060 when it comes out, this isnt the best moment to build a pc, awsome things are coming out in a year or two

get AMD 2700X and GTX 1080ti or wait for 2070/80

dont listen to the poos get that upcoming 9000 series intel chip. gonna smoke those street shitters and their walmart brand cpus

What do you want to do with it?
Why would you budget out something you can't justify?

Yeah, I heard those were coming out soon. I wasn't going to make my pc right this minute, I just wanted to get my shopping list ready. I will get the amd 2700x though like said.
What other parts would be optimal?

I mean, how am I going to tell visiting relatives I dropped 2k on a gaming pc when they tsked at me getting an xbone for half off

buy a 900 dollar laptop and spend the rest on booze and in stripe clubs

buy a used workstation and max out the ram.

>gaymen PC
Oh, carry on then.
Get whatever these memetards tell you to, can't go wrong.

Only advice: don't fall for the Intel shills. They know they're a dying breed.

Basically this. AMD shills are just booty befuddled fags who want you to make the same shitty life decision they made.

That being said, if you're just doing normie tier shit, don't go that high end. Waste of skrilla

here op i whipped something up for you

pcpartpicker.com/list/MhF4P3

Arigato. Though, that part at the bottom is a little worrying.
>The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.

x470 mainboard. price doesn't really matter because you won't get much when you pay more unless you do max overclock

16GB of 3200mhz CL16 ram preferable if you tend to have many browser tabs open at once.

m.2 ssd atleast 250gb for superior folder speed

get a case that suits your style and needs. there are many to choose from. either stylised with full glass or maybe one with sheer steel panels and acoustic padding inside for optimal noise reducition.

don't install more than 2 additional fans. anything else is a waste of money since an optimal airflow with only 2 fans is like 90% of cooling performance that is necessary for your parts, any additional one just gets you more dust in your case.

also get a 650W gold rated psu max.. something from bequiet or corsair is very well regarded ~100$ is a must

what's your monitor?

Don't have one yet, Thinking going 1080p because 2/4k is a bit much, unless you guys think they are worth it.

1080p looks ass in comparison to wqhd/4k.

if you go for anything higher than 1080ti, definately grab either a 1440p 144hz monitor or a 4k one, depends on what you need. in case you play fast paced games like overwatch, a 144hz can be beneficial in most cases. a nice IPS 4k screen even at 60hz is a marvel to look at though, you can turn of anti aliasing with that resolution

the board has 6 SATA ports on it, this just means that you will only be able to plug in 5 traditional hard drives/SSDs

Buy something you need or invest it ^u^

My mind is weird. It can easily justify buying $100s of dollars of books but when I tell it to look at a $300 monitor it shuts off
I'm doing that too

Quantity over quality?
Buy like 5 shitty 1440p korean monitors for $400. No probs if one dies, you got a whole bank of em.

The 9000 series won't be even close to the same price range as ryzen or the 8000 series.

I am going to have to ignore my inner money scrounger to join the PC master race...

Also, is it tempting fate to buy used?

Attached: 1532600556678.jpg (499x430, 29K)

depends on how legit your seller is

Amazon used. I'm not going to go into the ghetto to buy a 4k monitor "for half the price of the store"

on monitors i'd only go legit craigslist offers where you can ask if this unit has any flaws like dead pixels or unusual backlight bleed

i'd prefer to buy new if the discount gap isn't too big

Anything else I should know before I leave to go watch a movie?
Also, thanks Jow Forums, will come again

Attached: 1515091893213.jpg (620x412, 210K)

Depending on how long you can wait, the 3700X should be out the middle of next year and will be a significant performance bump.

Daru has been working hard on upgrades I see.

I don't have nearly that kind of patience. I can barely wait till cyber monday.

Ah. 2700X it is then. If you wanted pure gaming, go for the i9-9900K.

I've bought amazon used. Most of the time the items just have small cosmetic scratches or little dents.