We're all living in a computer simulation

We're all living in a computer simulation.
But for every instance of the universe there's only once consciousness, and that is you. Everybody else in your universe is an NPC, they are only real in their own universe. And the only way for these consciousnesses to communicate with each other is over the internet.

Prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't.

Attached: wojak_07.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg (1200x800, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/au/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201110/not-everyone-conducts-inner-speech
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oh and the computer simulation we live in was written in javascript

DUDE WEED LMAO

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1464712626457.jpg (658x661, 105K)

holy shit i've been thinking about almost the exact same scenario

great minds think alike i suppose

pls leave mom's basement for awhile

Do you even have an internet connection?

i n t e r n e t
i n d r a ' s n e t
stay woke
> picrel

Attached: 1531765849395.gif (300x225, 1.96M)

i wonder

It may be a simulation

But it's an absurdist idealist simulation.
There is no essence to your being other than the nature of your own mathematical/ functional existence. The lights and world in your head seem so real as they are a simplified approximation of reality itself and bear similar solidity to that of reality albeit focused around a centralized identity, an approximation of your own existence which you refer to as yourself.

Attached: 1529875598053.jpg (1600x1200, 962K)

So reality is exactly the same but the backend is not what you expect?

What difference does it make if everyone around you is an npc? You are stuck in the game. Only two ways out: wait for death or try to speed up death.

You're reaching levels of psychosis that shouldn't even be possible.

You may ask then if this reality can produce such finely tuned self awareness then why doesn't it place a greater importance on the role of self awareness. It would seem to me that to produce complex self awareness in a simple universe requires indescribably complex entities who are self aware.
Alternatively to feature awareness as a central component of a universe, thus reducing the complexity of the awareness in order to allow it to macroscopically emerge more often, would require inherent rather than emergent physical laws to govern self awareness, bloating any possible understanding of the underlying universe but allowing for simplistic self concept.

I think we got the long end of the stick, consistent laws, inconsistent identity.
Meh, I'm fine with whatever really.

Do you think it's better than there being nothing?

Attached: 1533853647966.jpg (123x124, 3K)

the internet is just an icon

I wouldn't say everyone in the universe is an NPC, but the vast majority of people on earth are actual NPCS.

psychologytoday.com/au/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201110/not-everyone-conducts-inner-speech

It's a simulation that's been powered for billions of billions of years, yea ok dude.

prove yourself right

Protip: you can't

time is relative my dude

"I'M SO CONFUSED . . . !"

you ever run a NES emulator with the speed uncapped?
there's no requirement for a simulated system to run in real time
for all we know, our entire existence is but a 5 minute test-run on someone's life simulation program

>Everyone but me is a bot.
Story of my life