Which linux distribution is best for a vidya gayme PC?

Which linux distribution is best for a vidya gayme PC?

Attached: 1531690701715.jpg (700x525, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hx8vyUCN_1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gentoo
no really

wouldn't games take forever to compile?

windows

Windows 10

Most of them are pretty good since proton came out.

I'd rather shoot myself than use Windows

whichever you like mang
pic related running on opensuse leap

Attached: Screenshot_20180828_214427.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)

Cool.

>Which pair of socks is best to wear on my hands?

this

windows

there is literally no reason not to use windows on gaymen pc

Okay famalam looks like Debian it is
faggot
>He doesn't know about proton

As you have to ask; Ubuntu will be best suited for you, Op.
Look into Kubuntu oder Xubuntu if you're still a bit wired to the usual windows interface. Have fun.

Attached: 30b3981ee25d4b4ddc96e13c8ca2580d.jpg (800x1132, 432K)

I don't use Windows I have a macbook pro but want to build a pc

Ubuntu. It's the only officially supported distro on Steam and it's what most devs will test their game on if they bother to test the Linux port at all. I use Arch primarily and what I can tell you for sure is that it is not ideal. You have to install a special package to workaround the fact that many games flat out fail to run on Arch Linux by default. Then, when you boot Steam, you have to tell it whether to use it's own runtime libraries or the special "native" runtime libraries. Which one you select will depend on the particular game you want to play. Some work with the native runtime libraries and others do not. Likewise, some work with the steam runtime libraries while others do not. As if that retardation weren't bad enough, there are also occasionally problems with updates to nvidia drivers, glibc, or even alsa, which can prevent a game from working correctly. I keep an Ubuntu partition for testing purposes. 9/10 when I encounter a problem on Arch Linux, the problem goes away immediately when I try again on Ubuntu. If you use Arch Linux or anything else bleeding edge you will inevitably finding yourself needing to fuck with things regularly to get X game to work. Many Arch fags will just tell you "works on my machine" and blame you, but the truth is that they either don't play a wide variety of games (my steam library has over 600 games with native Linux support) or they are lying through their teeth.

tl;dr Use Ubuntu.

Yep, Ubuntu is definitely for you then. Check out their flavours to see which DE suits you the most.

> You have to install a special package to workaround the fact that many games flat out fail to run on Arch Linux by default.
What package? Genuine question.

steam-native-runtime

My wives!

Never understood the difference between the two of them...

user kindly delete this. Its spreading the false assumption that Muslims go to war. Muslims are very peaceful. Also Jihad does not mean war. It means an internal struggled.
Thanks sweety :)

Nice Taqiya.

Well, there is a lot of native Linux games, few Foss ones (notable examples: ut4, openarena, ToME and other roguelikes, Gzdoom) and of course wine nigga magic.

what about steamos?

> user kindly delete this. Its spreading the false assumption that Muslims go to war. Muslims are very peaceful. Also Jihad does not mean war. It means an internal struggled.
Nice lies you teel yourself to justify psychopaths ;)

this desu

windows 10

Qubes OS

Only open source games dumbass.

every distro is just as good as every other distro, the only game you need is tux racer
youtu.be/hx8vyUCN_1A

>linux
>vidya
pick one

Attached: 1534281242629.png (709x636, 167K)

No. Not least because you will tend to have a gaymen CPU and SSD.

Most software actually compiles pretty to very fast, and will be fine compiling in the background on the spare power of your 4+ cores.

There are only a few things that take long [bloat web browsers especially], and they mostly have -bin packages and aren't even gaming related.

yes and never compile a modern browser

More like the games compile quickly and various modern browsers also compile quickly, but the most "obvious" modern browsers take a long fucking while and you'll quite likely decide to use the -bin package for these.