.net Core on Linux

What is your opinion of .net Core on linux?
Is it actually usable by now?

Attached: steve-ballmer-010.jpg (460x276, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/csharpcore-gpp.html
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/csharp.html
salsa.debian.org/benchmarksgame-team/benchmarksgame/blob/master/public/download/benchmarksgame-sourcecode.zip
github.com/dotnet/cli/issues/3093
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 15-12-09-images.jpg (259x194, 8K)

That's like taking a diarrhea dump on a pile of turds

Yes

Yeah it is.

No. It's 3 to 4x slower than on Wangblows

It works, but it's still .net.

>It works, but it's still .net.
Why? What exactly is wrong with it?

it's slow as shit.

Attached: 1514955383911.jpg (453x604, 74K)

Compared to what?

ur mum lmao

dotnet 2.1 is not. I think windows is still a little bit faster in benchmarks.

oh and build times improved in 2.1 too.

c/c++

That's a bullshit argument.

Wasn't there some article or something a few months ago that said .net core sends Microsoft your info? Or am I misremembering

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/csharpcore-gpp.html

might as well use java
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/csharp.html

>benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/csharp.html
Could you find some source for this? It's exactly what I would expect from microsoft, but even in a fucking framework? Really?

I used it, works slightly better than on windows but it's still shit.

salsa.debian.org/benchmarksgame-team/benchmarksgame/blob/master/public/download/benchmarksgame-sourcecode.zip

What's so bad about it?

I've never used it directly, however i do use powershell on linux. So i have to say it is a life saver.

Attached: 1535761643980.jpg (333x333, 22K)

But still faster that in native Windows...

>a compiled language is faster than JIT language
holy shit, send your findings to NASA

>is faster in every case
might as well use c#

We use tried it at work 2 months ago (latest on arch at the time), mono still beat it in our benchmark.

>Powershell
>On linux
why?

because its more powerful than bash

There's no httpd that supports it, otherwise the company I work for would have jumped at the chance to switch over to Lüünéx

nginx

Nope

I assume I can learn most of c# on loonix anyways? From the very little I've seen, only large commercial solutions, or UWP apps, can be developed on VS2017 but everything else seems to be doable with VS Code.

Attached: __dekomori_sanae_chuunibyou_demo_koi_ga_shitai_drawn_by_luruko61__d5066dc650c90ecd3cee81c822937705.j (800x909, 477K)

export DOTNET_CLI_TELEMETRY_OPTOUT=1

yes

Stop posting anime you heathens.

microsoft has quite unironically made anime mascots of their products

>holy shit, send your findings to NASA
nobody uses .net on linux, user.
>is faster in every case
barely. also, java has more libraries than c#.

You're full of shit dude.

Attached: wzbpz6wu21701.png (1300x2000, 307K)

>nobody uses .net on linux, user.
Even wikipedia used (fucking)mono for a while and ASP Core is literally dominating startups (which was the whole fucking point of porting to linux)
>barely
It is on par with and even faster than HotSpot -server with Mixed Mode(which is barely used outside of servers if at all) and that is without the many optimization that the jvm has. the vNext runtime brings many more optimizations and even support for mixed mode(+25% perf). After that comes cleanup and task scheduling enhancements
>also, java has more libraries than c#.
most of which are utils that already exist in .net libraries because the java standard lib is so shit it doesn't even have an http client.

Seru na tebe

Reverse proxy -> nginx, apache, iis
Ariko Ienai Kotoba

Attached: inori_question.png (256x256, 59K)

disgusting

Because bash is dogshit.
Bash is hot garbage and if you think otherwise then you obviously have never tried other shells.

Powershell is overly verbose garbage without a single redeeming feature.

It's pretty cute, I've made a game with it on Linux using Monogame for .net core, speeds were fine compared to Mono. C# really is a great language, I don't know why Jow Forums hates it so much! C has it's place, but it's not practical for everything!

back to /v/eddit normalfag

Attached: 1503858120528.jpg (853x960, 111K)

Im not the one posting little girls, so stfu animefag

Yes, you aren't posting "little girls", and you seem to have a strong aversion to them. That's why I recommend you check out r*ddit, may be more to your taste, Jow Forums is an anime and lolicon loving website.

Attached: retard.jpg (1448x2492, 1.32M)

>Jow Forums is one person
kys pedo

It's not one person, but we have this thing called a "culture", and you seem to not have absorbed it yet. You probably came from the election, so go back to Jow Forums at least friend

Attached: 00.png (305x414, 37K)

>culture
holy shit just off yourself you moron.

How about you start discussing tech, you fucking retards?Jesus christ, idiots complaining about "muh anime waifus" on a tech board.

>Jow Forums shitter bitching that why immigrant and "rapefuge" can't assimilate with his "culture".
>act like a dindu nigger when he get told to lurk more and stop act like a newfag.

Yeah, and it's still better than bash. Goes to show how bad bash is.

Nope, you're just retarded.

Shutup pajeet. No one uses powershell on Linux unless they are working with window servers

>i-if you don't like anime you're from Jow Forums!

LMAO

Nice try retard.

Kill yourself shill

Embarrassing. Stop responding to obvious bait. This is why anime posters are seen as retarded manchildren

Pretty much justwerks for me, faster than classic .NET Framework, which you have literally no reason to use unless you depend on some Windows specific sfuff like WPF.
Most problems stem from retards porting packages wrong. The reason it gets shit on Jow Forums is people being butthurt over Microsoft or expecting it to be the monolithic clusterfuck .NET based platforms used to be.

you know the drill

Attached: smug anime face pyramid.jpg (700x591, 77K)

Until I can install halo on it it is absolutely worthless to me.

i could see that for something like wikipedia they'd use .net but i'm yet to come across anyone who would use anything microsoft for their startup. big enterprises - yeah but even then they stick to java because it's been around since forever and there's plenty of workforce that knows it. also, .net is not supported on nearly as many platforms as jvm.
>most of which are utils that already exist in .net libraries because the java standard lib is so shit it doesn't even have an http client
it sure is handy to have everything you need by default but it isn't exactly hard to get the library you want up and running in java, either.

Microsoft released .net core on linux what like 4 years ago?

Why can I still not just type
>sudo apt-get install csharp-compiler

I mean it is almost as if microsoft doesn't realize what it means to put software on linux. A generation raised on .exe files and point and click programming.

Get laid

It's alright but it's inferior to vert.x + your language of choice (Java, Scala, Kotlin, JS, Groovy) for microservices

Attached: 1513679616640.jpg (749x1000, 125K)

github.com/dotnet/cli/issues/3093
More like botNET Core.

Any guides/tutorials that are for c#/dotnet/mono on loonix? Pretty much every tutorial out there just assumes visual studio 2017

wtf is wrong with that cat?

i wanna fug deko

It's quite handy if you have experiance with .net

I used mono to run a Terraria server on my Raspi, that was neat.

This is stupid, user. If you compare that .NET is slow compared to that user's mother, that means that his mother is faster than .NET. which means she's fast enough.
Of course she wouldn't run a marathon or walk 2miles in 1 day, because she's still user's fat mother.

RIP Inori

no way

bump