Wasn't Jow Forums created for nerds and geeks?

Wasn't Jow Forums created for nerds and geeks?
Why are you all talking about consumer-level shit?

Attached: reimu.jpg (1996x2262, 246K)

Same reason you post anime.
Get laid.

/v/

>touhou
>anime
user...

>2018
>being autistic

A thread died for this

The loss is not so great considering the thread was on Jow Forums.

The tech community here died the day Jow Forums became mainstream.

Most of the old userbase has since migrated to other platforms which are each kept secret religiously.

It's "Jow Forums - Consumer Whining and Babby's First FizzBuzz" now. Deal with it.

Attached: 1397586041479.png (1424x1072, 2.07M)

go to eevblog if ypou want electronics

and then you'll find out you can't shitpost with raymoo there

Attached: 1382821296055.png (511x585, 102K)

btw the poster here is referring to lainchan

this
and this

>lainchan
That site isn't any good either, even before the great exodus.

Oh wow, all 5 smart anons left Jow Forums, how will we ever recover

yes, exactly. all five smart anons left Jow Forums

Attached: 1505685839231.png (1500x550, 212K)

there's literally nothing wrong with using discord

Behead all those who insult Reimu.

t. gay/furry/tranny/whatever other degenerate

raymoo

Normies don't have computers, open back headphones, keyboards, non-carrier sold phones, etc

>posting teh reimu

What's wrong about reimu?

Attached: Cirno.jpg (300x300, 23K)

Technology is technology.
When I was raging about 3D accelerators in 1998 when everyone called me a geek/nerd for it is somehow different than today?

Retard.

Yes there is.

There is nothing wrong with being a degenerate. You do realize furry shit in the west for example was partly started by computer user groups?

armpits

Japanese bird making spaghetti

Attached: 1531115049112.jpg (600x450, 142K)

discord is 100% equivalent to irc from non technical standpoint, pretty funny how oldfags shit on it

lainchans dead

im talking about both

meant towards

>There is nothing wrong with being a degenerate. You do realize furry shit in the west for example was partly started by computer user groups?

Of course I realise this. That doesn't make you less of an autistic degenerate for wanting to fuck the family Labrador. If you want to delude yourself into thinking that there's nothing wrong with that, then by all means, plow away. But don't act shocked when PETA comes a'knocking. Now leave our board and go back to Furcadia.

Then what do you want to talk about? You could've made a productive thread that bettered the board, but instead you choose to be retarded with a whine-thread.

Jow Forums is currytech and Jow Forumsamd colony

>100% equivalent to irc from non technical standpoint
Except it is not, and the most glaring thing is that it is not decentralized and controlled by community who runs the server. You don't own your server, discord does. It can destroy your community or ban you at a whim, and it will datamine the shit out of you.

We let the shills stay, their behavior became normalized.

Because nerds and geeks should kill themselves. Education is slavery and all nerds are just people who like being slaves. Geeks are just retarded failed normies. The true answer as to which subculture is the best: punk

Jow Forums is normie tier/larppers.

Hey \g\ should I learn Java or C# first?
Was thinking of python but apparently it causes irreversible comprehension/damage that will make it hard to understand lower level languages.

IRC mostly consisted of very few IRC networks whose admins are even more retarded. It's true that you can have your own server but I was talking about the general IRC experience

Unfortunately, there's a lot of consumerism threads in this board. The best we can do is to not post on them, and post on the other threads that directly discuss programming and technology and its culture.

We have to fix this ourselves, user.

Attached: fun things are fun.jpg (810x780, 83K)

Nothing can change with Jow Forums's new userbase. That's why the oldfags left. Where there used to be some meaningful discussion there's now idiots throwing memes at each other - because that's what they want to do and is also all they can do.

The topics itself haven't changed much since then. Arguing about consumer hardware and shitposting (desktops) is nothing new. But the userbase degraded and so did the quality of basically every thread. We still have programming threads - but those used to be full of people who could actually program discussing whatever actual projects they were working on. There was so much cool shit to discover. Nowadays it's just normies learning to program and a bunch of retards who read a book arguing about nomenclature neither party fully understands.

To this day I use software, tools and games old Jow Forums created - sometimes together. Some of them grew into bigger projects, others are still as obscure as back then with only a handful of users.

New Jow Forums hasn't created anything of value in years, nor will it, because everyone who could already fled to other boards/communities. This is a place to pretty much exclusively post consumer technology related memes and have a laugh now. It's no longer a place for discussion.

Attached: laino.png (1327x940, 1.28M)

>wasted a decade of my life in this shithole
>still a fucking newfag

normalfags have invaded the place

the only time Jow Forums was good was when it wasn't about technology

Attached: do not ai.jpg (488x668, 45K)

Why do you still come here when you know normalfags took over this place like 5 years ago? Hell, even fourms are better than imageboards nowadays and thats saying something. Only boards worth going on today are /c/, /out/, and /t/, and maybe Jow Forums, Jow Forums, /lit/, /ck/ and /jaypee/ to shitpost.

Attached: 1523318759264.png (560x896, 263K)

This doesn't happen outside of special cases like 10k+ servers

Nobody bumps the actual technical stuff so it falls off the board every single time. The only exception is /dpt/ because Jow Forums is full of CS students. Go ahead and try to make a new thread about some theoretical EE or physics stuff and you'll only invite a couple of trolls, then the thread will fall off the board.

I want to violate those armpits.

so, only arisuchan is the real deal, or what?