I'm not a gamer but time ago I found a offer for a 24'' 144hz TN and i bought it. (2-3 years ago)

I'm not a gamer but time ago I found a offer for a 24'' 144hz TN and i bought it. (2-3 years ago)

Now this week I changed the display and bought a new 27'' 1440p IPS 60Hz display. In terms of image quality and colors I prefer the new one.

BUUT, the 60Hz MEME it's killing me, seriusly this is fucking awful.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

>60hz
>IPS
fucking pleb, should've went with a 165 Hz VA panel.

Tell me one with this specs:

27''
VA
144hz

just get a CRT instead of one of those shitty LCDs

There is a 32" Gay-Sync LG VA monitor. Good stuff. No glow and the colors and insanely good. In terms of color, only thing better than VA is OLED or QLED

Who the fuck need 32'' monitor?

I do

enormous tits?

i use it as my TV to watch my filipino cartoons. Dorm room too small to put monitor and TV at the same time. Once I move to a bigger apartment i'll get myself one of these juicy QLED 60" TV's.

ah ok, now i understand

You're a fucking idiot dude
Also
>Not using quantum dot

Attached: sketch-1536352504955.png (1920x1058, 1.02M)

>muh counterstikes

60Hz is fine, if you need 144Hz I suggest you fuck off back to

>I'm not a gamer

You don't know to read?

you said a meme is killing you

the meme that 60Hz is somehow not adequate

It's just that, a meme

Now go back to watching 24fps youtube videos and spare us your "meme" talk

leave here pls, you are a bit retarded and doesn't understand anything

FPS =/ Hz
retard

MPG27CQ

typing on it right now

in my opinion it's one of the best monitors out there. I also seen the Acer XB270HU that have similar specs, looks good too.

It's not so much about need but about whether it's beneficial. Typing this on a 32" 4K right now and it's glorious.

>Acer XB270HU
my issue there is it's IPS not VA, so 1000:1 static contrast compared to ~2500-3000:1 with the VA panel.

And since a primary use of my 144hz panel is watching anime at 144fps, having higher contrast ratio is a nice benefit.

BEST

Attached: d.jpg (225x225, 8K)

nice downgrade fag

Cool blog post.

its fucking awful to go from 144 to 60

t

Attached: 1536373955472.jpg (616x447, 52K)

VA is shit

>washed out colors
>muh crushed black """mega contrast"""
>gamma shift
>pixel border

a good IPS (eizo, nec, viewsonic, not your asus gamer shit) has its own flaws but fewer that compromise the image

>watching anime at 144fps

any high end VA will blow IPS out of the water.
stop buying cheap shit, also enjoy your IPS glow.

Monitor VA is not the same thing as TV VA. Monitors are still stuck in 2012, even if Samsung puts a Quantum Dot filter on their monitors.

yeah my friend, now i'm thinking about sell my 27'' 60hz and buy 2 27'' 1440p IPS 1440hz, that would be glorious

Viewsonic better than ASUS? WTF

I like my ROG 165hz IPS. It has me convinced we have reached the point where high end IPS displays are overall better than CRTs.

too expensive

32" 4k is like having 4 laptop screens at once.

>watching anime at 24fps or 60fps

Attached: 1482892586922.png (500x500, 387K)

60hz is totally fine when you have no 144hz for comparison, your brain adapts to it

I'm gonna upgrade my 21:9 1440p 60Hz IPS to one of those glorious new LGs

>21:9 1440p 144Hz IPS HDR400
At 1200€ retail not that cheap though

>one of those glorious new LGs

Which model?

can't remeber rn.
They were anounced on IFA a few days back

>your brain adapts to it

yes, now it's disgusting

If you watch anime at 144hz does their voice sound like chipmunks (more than normal)?

No, it doesn't just increase the playback framerate, it uses frame interpolation, duplicating frames. It doesn't look great with live action stuff, but with anime and a good enough GPU, it just looks like smoother anime.

I'm waiting for ~27" 2560x1440@240 Hz DP 1.4 displays next year or so.

1080p@240Hz is buttery smooth but too small for me, and 1440p@144-165Hz is pretty nice but will get superseded soon enough that I don't mind waiting.

>HDR400
Might as well have no HDR, anything less than 1000 is garbage fakeDR.

the human eye cant see past 19 frames per seconds so it doesnt mattet

you would notice difference between 144hz and 240hz? WTF

in niche cases you probably can, but in normal usage I doubt it.

What sort of interpolation is that? ffmpeg's minterpolate isn't great and too slow for realtime.

SVP

They have been testing this, and they couldn't hit the limit, because they didn't have fast enough displays. Max was around 500-800Hz I think.

SVP does more than just duplicate frames, it attempts to recreate missing frames based off the data of real frames

No shit, i'm not giving a technical rundown on SVP though. All the average person needs to know is that it increases the playback framerate to your native display refresh rate by increasing the frames. Not by playing it back faster.

got the AGON AG352UCG

100Hz 3440x1440 g sync
its awesome

>you would notice difference between 144hz and 240hz? WTF

I wouldn't honestly notice much if any difference in smoothness, but I would notice the decrease in flicker for the strobed clear motion modes.
120 and 144 Hz still give me eye strain and headaches after any reasonably length of use, and I'm hoping that 240 Hz is high enough that I don't have issues any more.

Are there no decent non-TN 75Hz+ 1440p sub $500 monitors?

To those with 4k32": Do you run at 100% scale or 125%?

i'm enjoying my 1440p at 165hz. don't even mind it's on an IPS due to the great deal I got when purchasing it.

SVP and frame interpolation in general looks terrible. Too many artefacts on anime lines when it can't figure out what is going on in fast pans with lots of lines. Everything becomes a wobbling mess. If you are not using interpolation all you are doing is upplicating frames to match the refresh rate. Now if you have ULMB that may not be such an issue (sans the flickering).

Actually, you're the retard.

FPS : Frames Per Second (a frequency).
Hz : cycles per second. (the unit of frequency in the International System of Units)

A frame can be viewed as a cycle. FPS is a frequency, hence we can use the unit Hz to describe it if we want to.

OLED is pretty goo at 600. Well at least in a darkened room. If you live in a house where you have the windows open in the summer and turn the lights on in the winter then LCD is better for HDR. But shit for everything else (excepting long gaming sessions and 24/7 news logos where screen burn 'can' be an issue).

If you have a 144Hz monitor put your mouse on a plain background and swirl it around. Watch as you see your mouse cursor turn into the EU flag.

On my 55" 4K TV I run it at 200% because I cannot reead fuck all otherwise.

OLED TVs have HDR10 certification. HDR400 and 600 are VESA certifications for the PC Industry (monitors). And OLED TVs can reach the peak brightness of up to around 900-1000 nits for small areas of the TV. You'll find most TVs calibrated for a dark room will have an average full screen brightness of around 120-150 nits, or they should be calibrated for about that much unless you're some sort of monkey who wants burned out eyes. My point is a recent OLED is fully capable of true HDR unlike these HDR 400 monitors which have some crappy VESA standard so they could claim to have HDR. The cert matters.

Probably because you're not seated at the proper distance.

Visual acuity distance with 55" 4k is 3.7 feet

Attached: 2018-09-08 13_37_42.png (1181x1302, 209K)

>just sit closer!
How about no

The math doesn't lie. 55" 4k is far too small to be treated like most people treat a 55" 1080p TV.

If you want to sit 8+ feet back, you need a 70 or 80" behemoth.

Even at 80" 4k the visual acuity distance is under 6 feet.

Which is why a lot of people are starting to use 40" and 43" 4k monitors/TVs on their desks, since the visual acuity distance is about 2.5-3 feet.

Attached: 2018-09-08 13_42_58.png (1176x615, 54K)

Holy shit I wanna upgrade to 1440hz

Asus MG279Q // Acer XF270HUA // ViewSonic XG2730

I paid $492 for my 27" 1440p VA panel with 144hz.

your not understanding that terms bro...

model?

You’re not understanding the terms, “bro”
Hz only mattered for CRTs because the screen was constantly refreshing at that rate. So you could have a refresh rate decoupled from the frames per second. But modern screens only refresh when the screen changes, which is when the frame changes.
So in all LCD screens the refresh rate in Hz and the FPS are the same thing

MPG27CQ

Currently on sale on amazon for $450. So you can throw a 4 year squaretrade warranty on there and still be under $500.

I constantly shift from Linux to windows from 144hz to 60hz, from 1440p to shitty tn 720p.
It's nice to work in 144hz but it's not even remote troublesome like using a 720p. Even a cheaper 1080p has much more screenspace, 720p really fucks and you are cramped in a very limited space.
4k is also useless in work, unless you do images. 4k is so big you actually need to scale ui.
For work (coding mainly) I either go with 21-24" 1080p or 27+" 1440p

Oled is and always was king of hdr, it can have insane constrast, turn off individual pixels. Problem always was burning and low nits

Attached: 1234465748.jpg (640x640, 176K)

I was thinking about buy this Asus, or Acer XF270HUA or ViewSonic XG2730 , all these are under 500

MPG27CQ is MSI, not Asus.

this guy doesn't understands anything LOL

sorry i confused this with the asus mg279q

Unfortunately more or less over $500 locally, and I'm not even including VAT, XG2730 seems to be TN. Also as far as I can tell, they don't even have 100% sRGB. Or am I just being autistic here? I only do occasional, casual gaming and wouldn't really make use of 144Hz anyway, which is why I was asking about 75Hz+. Considering BenQ PD2700Q, which would have the added advantage that I wouldn't have to wait until I get a GPU that can handle it.

what happened to bear bro