What UPS does Jow Forums use?

What UPS does Jow Forums use?

I want to like pic related because Tripplite as I understand it has the best connected device warranty but reviews say it actually smells bad and won't automatically turn itself back on to mains power once the outtage is over.

A similar Cyberpower model has good reviews but I don't trust their warranty.

Attached: 81dXQ7C73qL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1221x1500, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

networkupstools.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you could probably buy a decommissioned one online and swap the battery for a new one.

my cyberpower one does a 10 second self-test everyday. You can set it up to send you emails whenever it switches over to battery power. Great if you have a NAS or home VM server

I'm not so much concerned about the UPS itself dying as it taking anything else with it/failing to protect what's downstream. Hence the emphasis on connected device warranty.

they should all have in-built surge protection. If it doesn't, don't buy it.

Can someone explain to me in a UPS how the coaxial / RJ45/ RJ25 protection works? Like do they ground the freaking pins (in the case of RJ) or some shit? In the case of the RJ, does it act like a switch so my cable run is active, or does it just passively send copper to copper? Where the fuck is the protection?

A bunch of different enterprise ones.

This picture should tell you everything you need to know. If not, you're on the wrong board.

Attached: B1158957563.jpg (360x360, 21K)

Surge protection is only needed from the outside world. Typically all internal network wiring won't need to be protected.
You only need to protect from outside surges, so coax and household wiring from the street.

Attached: dlicircuitsed30e274872a400a8ce42aa14a741b38.gif (300x132, 2K)

APC Smart-UPS 1000

I got it free from work because they were replacing it. Battery will probably need to be replaced soon.

>Surge protection is only needed from the outside world.
No, it's needed between any local contained systems also. If you have one subnet with it's networking gear and computers hooked up to UPSes but there's another subnet without, you better have protection between them or the outside only protection won't count for shit if the unprotected side is compromised.

I have an APC Back-UPS ES 550 and 750.
Both work with computers attached, so if/when power is down for while, the computers shutdown automatically before the batteries are drained.

As far as I'm concerned, being able to coordinate an outtage strategy (shutdown this and that) with software supported by the UPS is the best feature to look for.

Attached: fd07d694212c374ffe807936efab0275fadcf515.jpg (640x360, 14K)

outages? do you fags live in some kind of third world country or what?

I can't even remember the last time I had an outage that lasted more than a dozen seconds max. I don't even use the auto-shutdown features anymore, only use the UPS for surge protection and if a 2 second blackout should happen.

Yup, Texas

What are you talking about?
It's all networking gear and good gear won't send out electrical surges on different networks.

I have an APC one forget the model but it has lcd screen

I have used all 3 of the biggest consumer UPS's.
The APC 1500VA, Cyberpower 1500va, and Tripplite 1500VA.

All work fine, i prefer the APC or Cyberpower. Tripplite had the largest footprint and least friendly and useful software interface.

I prefer the APC software. Just a personal preference.

Unironically, if I were to buy a UPS tomorrow, I would use the website below and their compatibility list to make my decision.

networkupstools.org/

I have the 750 model. They've saved my Servers from potential damage several times this year. One of the best things I ever bought. Better to have it and not need it than some shit happening and wish you did. My power is pretty stable all in all but on occasion it does flicker.

How is the CyberPower CP1000AVRLCD? Anyone have one?

I have the 1500VA version and it's fine, software is acceptable.