/sqt/ Stupid question thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
→ (Cross-thread) →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7 (embed)
>Last thread

Attached: 37.jpg (900x900, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

snapraid.it/faq
openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/relay_configuration
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have this newly released eroge that just won't run on my windows 7 VM. locale, updates, installing the required DX9, none of it works.
Error is: C , system stopped responding

is there a chance that it requires W10? what could i be missing?

What are they laughing about?

Why are there backslashes in my Base64? Encoded using the android Base64 package.

Attached: backslashes.png (449x20, 2K)

your small dick

How can they laugh if they never saw one before?

>he doesnt know

They are like the precogs, but for annon's penis.

Is an LFS system unironically worth the struggle of compile times and packaging? Can I install a package manager or script my own dependency manager and be fine?

Earn free bitcoin

>earn
>free
choose only one

oh my sweet summer child

oh you sweet innocent user

Attached: 22_crop.jpg (500x500, 26K)

Why the fuck is there no official Madobe Touko theme with sounds?

Best websites to download files from using Jdownloader?

What does "mainboard" temp sensor in HWMonitor actually reads? What part of the motherboard?
Asus M5A97 R2.0

Can a Windows ransomware affect a different partition with different filesystem, like say ext4?

modern 10yo kids already had sex. Get on with the times, grandpa

hello im trying to write a program that takes the input, temperature, and charts it on a graph

need it to allow numbers less than 40 and above -30 but no matter which inequalities i try, it won't exclude numbers outside of the parameters

help a stupid boy please

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (898x917, 41K)

How obsolete is 8gb of ddr3 ram for gaming today?

Attached: 1530543149036.png (242x235, 16K)

can someone recommend a good FTP program for windows

My PC won't go into BIOS. No beep code or anything.
>replaced the RAM
>did a CMOS reset
>took it apart and tested with my old mobo/CPU
None of these worked.
I'm at a loss because a faulty HDD shouldn't prevent it going to BIOS, and a faulty PSU shouldn't turn it on at all.
What do?

It might be broken.

Today? Not so bad if you don't mind lower graph settings and are not running AMD. In a year or two? Very.

WinSCP. Filezilla if you're installing it exclusively from ninite

You code is fine(except the part where you parse input instead of using reader.nextDouble()). Try setting a breakpoint inside the if block and you'll notice it is doesn't hit..

Can I read an HDD on a new PC without formatting if it was a primary from an older one?

i can see the panties of the slut on the right

With a 1080 ti and an overclocked 4690k I feel like this is the only thing holding me back.

Holding you back from what?

thank

Attached: 1534197148538.png (645x729, 34K)

what’s a browser that doesn’t need more than 1 gb? Asking for computer I found from 2002
>pic related

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.57M)

webkit browsers
chromium-bases browsers in some cases, even

Sauce for the lolis in the pics? The artist has an interesting drawing style, unique, whenever I see some picture from him I immediately recognize.

Yandex.

how do i get rid of this error without enabling ads?

Attached: Untitled.png (1002x343, 54K)

Switch to lubuntu. You really don't want to be running XP on an internet connected pc in 2018.

From killing myself.

You know how typical powerpoint handouts have three slides and then some blank lines for note to the right?
I have PDFs of PPT presentations (1 slide per page as if you printed the powerpoint in landscape).
I want to make it two slides per page with space for notes beside each slide so that the slides themselves are actually legible and big enough to even write notes on.
I can't figure this shit out though. There's no option in powerpoint and exporting it to word and trying to do it manually is a nightmare.

Attached: ppt.png (1269x1236, 39K)

So I've got a home server with 5 3 TB drives in RAID 10
I'm running out of room and have a 8 TB drive I'd like to add, can I expand RAID 10 or do I have to get another 8 TB drive and add both? Would it be simpler to just reorganize the array as RAID 6 and add the 8 TB after that? I set this up like 2 years ago and have no idea what I did or how I did it.

Attached: balls.gif (700x600, 1.7M)

It's on ccd's github. Google the error.

Why'd you pick that setup? Do you actually have a backup for anything?

Messed around with terminal text size/width / line heights / fonts. Cmus and lazygit now looks like pic related. What did I do, how do I fix it?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-09_22-23-26.png (1752x876, 240K)

>link.png
Let go.

I imagine at the time I only did casual research on setting it up and saw that RAID 10 offers best data redundancy and since I'm paranoid I decided to go with that.
I'm thinking I back the whole thing up to the 8 TB (since the array is about 6.37) using a HD enclosure then tear the array down and rebuild it in RAID 6 (which should give me 9 TB) then rewrite the data to the array. Now in doing this can I add in the 8 afterwords or am I being retarded?

I don't think it makes much difference but I'm running Openmediavault on this thing

Attached: clever.jpg (480x360, 13K)

What is Windows 10 tied to on a Dell XPS?
I want to upgrade the storage but would like to keep W10 on there

Hey guys, any app that tracks what apps I've downloaded from git repos and upgrades them to the latest version?
Or anything that doesn't make me manually check everything I get from git anyways and just upgrades it anyways

Do what you're planning (transfer everything to the 8TB).
Test the drive first using badblocks or a long SMART test.
You can add it to the array, but I wouldn't. I would just keep it as cold storage, and expand your current array with more 4TB drives. 3TB have bad reliability compared to 4TB.

The Motherboard. You can upgrade the storage no problem. Make an image of your current drive to the new one with macriumreflect.

Oh boy. Alright, has anyone ever said the words "Raid is not a backup" to you? Cause your system is actively in need of that wisdom. Your main mistake is assuming that drive failure is your only risk. Assume that your entire raid array can go down. This happens all the goddamn time, for multiple reasons, some of which specifically stem from using raid. You need at least one backup that is not part of the array.

That said I would probably go with snapraid in the future.

snapraid.it/faq

neck yourself

Should I expand it by beginning to swap out 3s for 4s or grow on top of the 3s? Looking at it now if I added the 8 most of it would be unusable space.
This might be the best option but using it for cold storage isn't going to last very long, I'm rapidly approaching being over 8 TB.
I'll read up on it, my knowledge of computers is just good enough to get myself into trouble but not good enough to get back out.

Attached: panic.jpg (960x720, 82K)

I have two discrete graphics cards in my desktop. On used by an Arch Linux host and one passed through to a Windows 10 guest running in qemu. If I wanted to overclock the card that is passed to windows, do I make changes to the voltage and speed in windows or linux?

Just add the 4s to the array. You'll likely kill a couple 3s as the array is rebuilt.
Always keep cold storage. Add more as needed.

what is the name of that meme algorithms book?

Sounds doable. Reading up on snapraid, it seems like it might be worth doing if I'm going to rebuild the whole thing anyway. I don't know if it'll play nice with openmediavault but I'm digging around to find out.

Attached: ahha.jpg (1004x604, 205K)

SICP?

>if I'm going to rebuild the whole thing anyway
Considering you're on raid 10 now, I definitely would.

I recommend going the FreeNAS route. Don't worry about the eMMC ram meme, it's not a requirement unless you are using ZFS in a datacenter setting.
Create a /3 pool. ZFS's benefit is that it is copy-on-write and has checksums, verifying data integrity.

Is "shred" as effective on NTFS, or do I just suck it up and use some other program to clean free space?

I want to build two computer

I have
two 4GB ram sticks
two 2GB ram sticks

What is the best way to configure the ram?

I could just do one with 8GB (2x4GB) and the other with 4GB (2x2GB) but I'm wondering if I should do 6 and 6.

One computer is a gift for someone who has no computer, I guess I could just give them 4GB?

I actually had FreeNAS and ZFS on the server before switching to OMV. I can't remember the exact reason I switched but I remember it being too complicated to do certain things and I wasn't real familiar with any of it. OMV is pretty simple and straightforward, not idiot proof by any means but I don't constantly feel like I'm about to break it when fucking around. I did like ZFS gave me better integrity and whatnot but I don't wanna go back to FreeNAS now that I've gotten comfortable with OMV

ty user

It looks like SnapRAID has a plugin for OMV which should help my incompetant ass get it working.
Thanks for putting me onto it, it seems like a good solution.

2x4 works just fine

Do 8 gb and 4 gb and make sure you put them in the right spots, they can only use as much ram as is available on one stick

AUR tools basically do that

The thumbnails for folders (for the folders themselves, not when viewing the files in them) on my second hardrive have been really weird. They dont update for anything being saved or moved in them but show random files if anything is deleted or moved out. I've tried deleted the thumbnail catche but its still fucked.

Ι forgot to mention I'm talking about an android phone
FDroid is too slow on some stuff, so I prefer to download off of git

you will never nakadashi those lolis
why even live?

I want to make a copy of some programs and windows 7 from my hard drive and move them to the new SSD, then I'd like to put the SSD into a laptop, is this possible and can anyone give me tips on how to do that?

Attached: IMG_20180909_174946033~3.jpg (3024x4032, 2.46M)

>tfw you are still virgin

get on with the times grandpa, you won't find a >30 yo virgin to marry.

Is that an ABS Tigas?
I've never seen one in the wild.

Macrium reflect will do this

Are the CCNA r&s + CCNA industrial certs worth getting if I would like to get a job dealing with industrial communications and networking?

Yes.

best all round fitness tracker?

I'm the user from the last thread who needs help installing qutebrowser on his pi
So far I got libqt5webkit installed but I can't install qutebrowser
pastebin.com/6hpZXbvr

cute drawing of me

Back in my day, dick fit in the VCR, but these modern computers and things only really have USB holes.

What is the closest thing you can do to having sex with a modern computer?

144hz 1440p still worth it if you don't want to pay the gsync jew despite having a gtx 1070ti?

Attached: 1533536134228.jpg (280x255, 46K)

>I want to make a copy of some programs and windows 7 from my hard drive and move them to the new SSD
If your new SSD is equal to or greater in size compared to your current hard drive, this is simple.
If it's smaller, it's still possible but a little trickier.

>then I'd like to put the SSD into a laptop, is This possible but you'll need to reactivate Windows after it's put in the Laptop, as the license is most likely tied to the desktop motherboard.

Honestly, I recommend you fuck me in the ass. But on top of that you should probably just install Windows fresh onto the laptop and keep the desktop as-is.

144hz 1440p is for babies.
120Hz 4K at 21" is where it's at.

Anyone know any cheap gps tracking solutions for a bicycle? A lot of them seem to use SMS but I already have a free data sim (freedompop). Maybe there is very small android device with 3g I could use? Then I could just run any of those tracking apps out there.

Attached: crits_are_shit.png (415x423, 207K)

Is it possible to recover a file that's been subject to physical deletion?

Just installed Mint 17 on my laptop and can't get my touchpad to work. Mouse works fine, and the touchpad and mouse both work on Windows 10. What gives? I tried dmesg | grep mouse && dmesg | grep pad, and it doesn't even recognize any touchpad (pic related).

Attached: 2018-09-09-180147_1920x1080_scrot.png (1187x410, 91K)

>IMG deleted
What was it

What? You mean the guy opened the hard drive and took the matters to his own hands or something?

>physical deletion
This is not a phrase that means anything.

I mean like when you overwrite the data.

Regular deletion is called "logical deletion" whereas "physical deletion" is the more permanent one. That is from an infosec site so I thought it was legit but they may have fucked up the terminology.

I'll look into macrium thanks, it's actually a computer some guy built for me around 2012.
Cool thanks sit on my cock anytime

The general consensus is no, but it's easier said than done.

>120Hz 4K at 21" is where it's at.
30" 4k 144hz is patrician

Just call it secure delete or shredded or bleached or whatever. I don't know about CIA black magick but with available consumer tools it's impossible to retrieve data back when cleaned properly.

SFW Rustle pic. Some normalfag janitor seems to have a problem with lolis.

Attached: rustled.jpg (777x606, 77K)

Based
Fuck jannies

why my pc is running to quietly?
It seems out of place, it feels like something is wrong with it.

Is using Tor Browser preferable than using Firefox or Chrome, or does it not matter?

If you're looking for CP Tor Browser is generally preferred over Firefox or Chrome most of the time.

stupid question here, so i got kali from kali.org, they say to verify the hash, i did and its legit, allegedly. my beef is if i got the iso from them and they provide the file and the hash whats the point of bothering to verify it, they could have given me a file full of lolicon and named it kali.iso and i wouldnt know the difference. how am i supposed to verify a hash properly.

Attached: quiet.jpg (1920x1080, 171K)

openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/relay_configuration

Trying to configure an Openwrt router via ssh using cli, trying to configure the device to be used as a wifi repeater/extender.
I'm having trouble understanding the step in the second-to-last chunk of code beginning with:
network.lan.ipaddr='192.168.2.1'
network.repeater_bridge=interface
network.repeater_bridge.proto='relay'
network.repeater_bridge.network='lan wwan'
network.wwan=interface
network.wwan.proto='dhcp'

Where do I input this info? The website isn't explaining it to me. Do I just simply write all of that down in the ssh terminal?

Attached: openwrt_001.png (1472x1138, 96K)