Fellow Ausfags. Where is the best place to get new PC parts? Usually I get stuff from MSY, but MSY...

Fellow Ausfags. Where is the best place to get new PC parts? Usually I get stuff from MSY, but MSY, as per it's reputation, is hilariously disorganised and often they will just flat out forget orders I made for weeks on end until I contact them a dozen times so I'm shopping around for my next build.
Where do you usually grab your parts? Is there a time of year when gear drops in price?

Attached: 1455175214145.png (349x321, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

staticice.com.au
pccasegear.com
scorptec.com.au/product/Notebooks/Notebooks/72368-X507UB-EJ146T
accc.gov.au/media-release/msy-technology-ordered-to-pay-penalties-of-750000-for-consumer-guarantee-misrepresentations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That is most likely going to depend on what state you're in. In Vic I predominantly use MSY because as you say, they tend to be cheapest.
There's also your local computer swapmeets, though you tend to find the same retailers attending those and seemingly colluding on price.
I also used to search through staticice.com.au when I knew exactly what component I was looking for.
Ebay is another option but I personally would avoid buying expensive components from there.

MSY, Centrecom, Scorptec. Be careful with Scorptec as they use very cheap terrible couriers.

Pccasegear if you live in Melb.
Umart second preference
rest are shit

Scorptec uses the same as ppcg, centrecom and mwave. Personally id say avoid umart. Absolute shit tier customer support and retarded addressing system to boot.

I generally go with PC Case Gear and Mwave.

pccasegear.com

>Personally id say avoid umart. Absolute shit tier customer support
I could say the same for Pccasegear. I had to argue with them to give new replacements for the three 1tb samsung 7200rpm drives I bought because the heads were parking on them. A week after I sent them in the mail the big flooding in whatever asian country where all these hard drives are made flooded, and the prices jacked up 300% for about a month.

The fuckers wouldn't give me anything back. I had to go to their depot in the western suburbs somewhere (can't recall) and argue with them in person to give me new hard drives. Fucking chinks. Fuck dealing with the chinese.

I've had no problems ordering and picking up locally from umart since them, but you're right, their ordering/ticketing system is retarded.
>yeah I'm just here to buy a $10 flash drive
>sir could you please go over to the computer and order on there, then wait fifteen minutes because I have to go dig for a flashdrive out the back

I've honestly just bookmarked the ozbargain computing category and check it everyday, there are some amazing deals that popup there if you're willing to wait. Second choice is to go on ebay and check if they have the 20 percent off, but alot of the time the stores jack up their prices by about 15-20 percent so you don't save anything buying from a those stores. After that I'll go for staticice and see what the best deal is for the part I wanna buy.

Overall scorptec has given me the best experience. They called me many times to let me know about any news they had on my backordered x470.

>Be careful with Scorptec as they use very cheap terrible couriers.
I have never had any issues with them

Been 2 sales on computer alliance eBay lately, first was 15% and then 20%. I bought a few components for my rig from them when it was 15% off, and even though the listings weren't the cheapest, getting several components at once works out pretty cheap as they give $15 flat rate shipping. Much better than pccg charging like $30 to ship a case or w/e

Pccg
Never had a problem with the warranty ever been using them for 10 years

They are all just as garbage as one another PCCG especially (I shit you not, accused me of bending the pins on an AM4 motherboard). I ended up going directly to Ingram Micro and I bypassed all of those e-tailers. But in a pinch I use MSY because I can walk into the branch nearby and get what I want. Also they will match Ingrams prices if I make an order up which is strange but I'll take it.

scorptec > pccg > mwave > msy > toilet bowl > rest

in that order.

I've used pretty much all Australian tech retailers without issue yet all have some horror stories. Scorptec and Pc case gear are good. You can check prices on Staticice, but for my next build I'm going to somewhere local to make it easier in case I need to RMA anything. Whichever way you go we still get jewed with the island tax

Attached: 1522374629659.jpg (640x620, 92K)

Move out of Australia

That sucks I had to alpha dog pccg into replacing dead ram

Umart, ignore PCCaseGear cucks

dont order, just look at the stock levels on the website and just show up with a list of what you need
dont think anyone can beat their prices
wonder how they do it though

I usually go through PCCG unless it's stuff like speakers or headphones. I've been bitten by Scorptec so I avoid them, but I've had friends who have been shafted by PCCG and don't use them so you're mileage may vary. I only use MSY when I can physically visit a location and purchase shit, dealing with MSY staff is a chore itself but it's usually the cheapest option.

PCCG, usually 1-3 days shipping with standard.
UMart is good too but shipping takes 4-8 days for me which sucks.

PLE in WA is actually breddy cheap and reliable.

Victorian here. I built a PC last year and bought my components from a variety of places.

My usual go-to is Centrecom Hawthorn in Burwood Road. Very good store that gets the job done, but not always the best prices.

I got my CPU from Computer Alliance's Ebay page. Postage was lightning fast without paying extra so that was nice.

I got my motherboard from CPL in Clayton. That place was a fucking dump and I'll never go there again. I go there to buy a motherboard, and end up waiting 30 minutes for them to get it, in the waiting area with about 10 other people. I remember the guy in front of me was arguing with the ugly american clerk about a printer warranty and it got quite loud. Worst tech purchasing experience ever.

Then went to Scorptec Clayton the same day. Was much better, but still ended up waiting 10 minutes and the asian salesman I got was pretty angsty. At Centrecom, the salespeople are always polite, helpful and get whatever I need right away.

Mwave for the DDR4 ram. Fairly straightforward, no problems yet.

Haven't been to MSY yet, but Whirlpool seems to despise them.

mwave
never had any problems, reasonable prices

MSY downfall is they arent customer satisfaction driven. If you go in there asking them for what motherboards they have that will fit an i3 6100 you will get treated like trash and the same if you go in there window shopping for parts. MSY is where you buy parts knowing exactly what they are and don't need your hand held with any complications. And for returns/warranty... it's not a place where you tell them "oh it dont work idk what to do" you best give them a professional explanation of what is wrong with the item and why you are returning it.

this. MSY are autists when it comes to dealing with people, website is shit and their parts list is a sheet of paper, awful experience. scorptec has the best customer service imo, they pretty much spam called xfx when my 5870 was artifacting and they made sure i got a new card before sending it back to me.

>that one guy at msy who wants a complete build and you have to wait in line literally 30-40min just to get a single part

>That guy asking what CPU is better for gaming

Scorptec are my favourites but not the cheapest

PCCG have been good to me as well but have a limited range of stuff compared to others (especially ram and storage), they've got a decent range of speakers and headphones now though

Centrecom I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw the cunts. Sales people are kind of annoying so I play dumb if I ever find myself in there

Mwave seem good, only bought from them once because I tend to use Vic sellers who are closer to home

PLE seem decent but never bought from them, they offer a lot more water cooling parts than anyone else I've seen though so I'm planning to throw money at them sometime in the next few months to water cool my threadripper meme machine. They're WA based but have a Vic branch as well.

Watch OzBargain for deals and check Staticice for everything else if you wanna be a cheapfag.

>Haven't been to MSY yet, but Whirlpool seems to despise them.
Whingepool faggots cry that MSY won't hand-hold them through the most basic shit. Cunts expect restaurant service when they're walking into the PC equivalent of Maccas. If you know what you want and what you're doing in the guts of a PC then MSY are fine. Be prepared to argue if you have a problem though, chinks gonna chink.

>MSY downfall is they arent customer satisfaction driven

>MSY are autists when it comes to dealing with people, website is shit and their parts list is a sheet of paper, awful experience

They're chinks and operate accordingly. Don't let the couple token whitey at the counter fool you.

allneeds if in adelayyed

one of the following, depending on what I want and what's open:
MSY, CPL, Scorptec, PLE, Centrecom

>not putting MSY last
They are utter dogshit

Agreed, PLE is my second go to after PCCG

Used to goto Austins but their service and returns are shit.

Word to the wise. Avoid PLE on the weekends, or Friday arvos. Or Tuesdays or any other day of the week.

>standing behind Cashed UP Billyboy Bogan buying his "muh n00 gayming" pc as he gets the deskmoney to go thru the parts for the best system for his dollaryoos piece by fucken piece when you're just there to pick up your internal hdd caddy for your laptop...

Attached: MV5BN2U4YTZjMzMtOWVlMi00YmNjLTk3OTItODVjMzM1OTE2ZTllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgwMDA4OA@@._V1_.jpg (634x947, 76K)

Anyone from South East Queensland will know to avoid this place like the plague.
There's an Asian guy that works in the repair/returns section but occasionally serves in the shop and his advice is absolutely atrocious and retarded.
I bought my ageing boss a large keyed keyboard that was DOA to go with his new PC I'd put together.
He asked which USB port I'd plugged it into and then tried to convince me I'd plugged it in backwards and that had "fried" it. He then accused me of plugging the front panel USB plug backwards on the motherboard despite that not being possible due to pin 10 missing from the mobo.
Another time the same tool tried to tell me it was impossible to connect a secondary router to my NBN fibre modem as it was Telstra provided. He tried to refuse to sell it to me so I went to one of the other sales reps.
Will stick with MSY's shady service from now on.
Not to mention their cluster fuck of a new website.

Attached: storefront.jpg (550x307, 81K)

Why would you ever for any reason shop at a place literally called GAMEDUDE COMPUTERS ?

I use to live locally and their prices often are on par with MSY or they have something I need that MSY doesn't have in stock.
Also there's a really tall bloke their who's actually able to hold a conversation about PC's and memes.

Yeah ok, but everything about that store front screams unprofessional.

Attached: Gaydude.jpg (550x307, 140K)

I'm emailing them this as we speak

Fuck tpg. They are rip off cunts.

Not OP but I work near Scorptec and mum wants a laptop.Any opinions on this would be appreciated:
ASUS Vivobook X507UB Notebook, i5-7200U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 15.6inch FHD, GeForce MX 110-2GB
scorptec.com.au/product/Notebooks/Notebooks/72368-X507UB-EJ146T

Thinkpad

Hmmmmm, just realised that notebook only has 256GB storage and the screen resolution is not listed (I assume this means 1366x768.)
Anyone know of a 15.6" laptop, with SSD and 2nd HDD or a 512GB SSD, and 1080p graphics for about $1000 AUD?

It will be fine for mum, not like she's gaming or video editing or running autocad

A lot of rural town Tech/PC shops are awful. I was in a rural town for a few months and went to a few PC shops around looking for a M.2 WWAN card for my T440p and three of the shops I went into didn't understand what it was and didn't believe it was official or legit while another shop I visited was adamant that it must be a Lenovo branded and certified network card otherwise it will blow the machine up and kept insisting the M.2 interface was in fact a Lenovo special proprietary connector and wouldn't work with stuff off ebay, amazon or other sites online. Then they tried selling me a 4g wireless modem insisting it would be genuine and supported by Microsoft and Lenovo and would provide gigabit speeds (I laughed out loud).

cplonline

>he hasn't watched the winsxs folder fill an ssd up....

MSY is not that great. They are pretty much on par with most computer stores for core parts. They are only cheaper than most for hard drives for some reason.

MSY has that cheap look since their stores are just so bland and they have such a poverty website. Its just like the look that JB hifi goes for.

Just go on staticice and filter by state and get what you want that way. Dont order online as all the places getting shilled in this thread have ridiculous shipping costs/times or charge like 2-3% for credit cards. Always much easier to get local. Also remember officeworks and jb hifi will match most local computer stores.

Ive had that.. Some kid was in their with his mum and he was more concerned about the colours of each part.

I was standing there for 15 minutes while he was going through all the motherboards to match his white and blue theme. I then decided to leave and felt beta as fuck for standing there that long.

For the rest of the world

Attached: 1536544376627.png (349x321, 18K)

If I want to buy from MSY I wouldnt order online, I just check on the website to see if the part I want is in stock then go to the store myself.
PCCG is not bad if you dont mind the delivery cost

Do not buy from MSY, they have shit tier warranties and customer service.

I'd rather spend $10-20 extra in scorptec/centrecom and go into a shop that doesn't make you wait 40 minutes
accc.gov.au/media-release/msy-technology-ordered-to-pay-penalties-of-750000-for-consumer-guarantee-misrepresentations

do it, please show us the response

To me the price reductions aren't worth the shit tier customer service and warranties that the ACCC fined them for.

Make sure you include the filename.

I'm just rude now - if it's for parts I'll just go and stand in the way of the guy until they deal with me.
I'm not there to pick parts or try to impress the sales guy with muh knowledge.

I like MSY because I like getting in and out as quickly as possible. I actually have had decent support in the past from them. PC Case Gear are alright though they did only offer me store credit whereas MSY gave me an actual replacement.

i shop at umart, customer service isn't very good. but better than most cheap shops out there it seems.
They don't like change what so ever. god help you if you want to change something on your order.

after working 15 years in retail as a manager, i cringe all the time walking in there and seeing their store and customer service.

This is why I like them. They are less a shop and more a warehouse front desk.

The problem with MSY is they're super fucking disorganised. Their inventory on their systems is never the fucking inventory they have in the stores and they're slow as fuck on every fucking level, it takes them seriously on average like 15 minutes per customer, even if that customer is buying something as small as a USB.
They used to just put all their shit on shelves and you would rummage through till you found what you want and then take it to the counter and purchase it all in