Meizu CEO comments on how difficult it's becoming to source screens without notches for their upcoming phones

>Meizu CEO comments on how difficult it's becoming to source screens without notches for their upcoming phones
>States that popup cameras are just a gimmick that are not the future of smartphone design

www.gizmochina.com/2018/08/25/meizu-16x-details-confirmed-same-camera-with-16th-but-bigger-battery/

How long until we have no choice but to get notched?

Attached: NOTCHED.jpg (1267x2102, 367K)

It's just a fad, right? Next year apple comes up with something stupider and the notch will be in the past.

>SO INNOVATIVE!!!!

Genuinely it is a fad but you're thinking too short term. Fads like this will stick around for several years before we move on.

That's not to say you won't be able to get a notch less screen in those years. Though sadly 99% of chink companies copy without thinking.

>implying apple comes up with anything that hasn't been tried before.

Even if that's true what does it matter when this shit industry just follow them like a hungry dog looking for a treat?
It's they who set the trends.

true.
i'm perfectly fine with the notch on my OnePlus 6. It doesn't interfere with functionality.

Giant obnoxious notches (apple and pixel) are cancer, but minimal notches (essential, huawei, oppo, oneplus) allow a large amount of information to remain on screen without sacrificing rectangular real estate.

Small notches have the potential to be the most reasonable and robust means of increasing screen size, provided apple and google get around to pushing out better software integration.

I'm honestly glad brands like Samsung are actually making a stand against it and they have some brands that follow them like Meizu. The Meizu 16th is basically a chink s8/s9.

Personally I don't mind the notch, I can see the advantages but it also has disadvantages too. What bothers me is that other companies are simply using a notch to rip off iPhone x design.

Attached: mz16plus_1.jpg (725x435, 40K)

just a pet peeve of mine. all the normies think apple invented the notch, when it was only them who made it mainstream.

Who started it before apple?
Essential?
Was there anyone else?

Sharp
while not a "notch" per se, it has a hole in the screen.

>Sharp
Same company to start the tri-bezeless meme?
I'm amazed at how small their smartphone department is considering what they've managed to pump out...

looks just like my lg, except a different back and front camera/speaker placement.

notch at the bottom
now you have two notches!
at the top is for your camera and speaker
at the bottom is for second speaker so now you can have stereo surround system on your iPhoneXX!

now this is inovation!

BASED CHINKS PLEASE SAVE US FROM THE NOTCH

Two notches.

Didn't someone already patent the dual notch design?

>>Meizu CEO comments on how difficult it's becoming to source screens without notches for their upcoming phones
Just talk to Samsung.

Where do you think Meizu gets their screens from? They're good business partners with Samsung for screens, batteries, RAM, NAND, and even Exynos processors.

Problem is there's cheaper places for them to get their IPS screens, or at least there would be if they weren't all cutting out a notch on the screen before selling them.

Attached: M20180910_203830_178.jpg (440x697, 19K)

No

You shut the fuck up

Apple will do away with ports altogether.

Why would you want anything stupider than the notch?

pic related is all i want to see in a phone. no bendy crap or neural connections.

inb4 you'll never be able to find it in the dark! tritium edges.

Attached: the final stage in cell phone evolution.jpg (468x468, 92K)

two notches will happen more likely than this.

A see through phone will not become mainstream.
In the early days of oculus vr people thought that see through ui would be based. But they quickly had to realize that itsvery difficult to read that way and distinguish between ui and background, even though it was full stereoscopic + parallax 3d

Notches are only a problem if you want AMOLED shit. Don't do AMOLED.

>buying a tracking device
why
small laptops are fucking everywhere these days, and they will run a real OS.

what's the point, you'd just be looking at your own hand instead of your phone wallpaper.

>look at your phone in public
>everyone can see your messages, pictures...
Why would you want this?

Why don't you like AMOLED?
And don't say burn in because that is a non issue unless you leave the screen on literally all day.

It's harder on your eyes, especially for reading.

Do meizus have a botnet like all other chinkphones? They are basicly the only ones that haven't yet swallowed the notch koolaid.

Attached: 1534168186930.png (703x675, 363K)