Are high frame rate (120Hz, 144Hz etc.) monitors a meme?

Are high frame rate (120Hz, 144Hz etc.) monitors a meme?
how noticeable is the difference from 60fps?
pic unrelated

Attached: 1524772053380.png (391x600, 200K)

._.

the human eye cannot see past 12 frames per second so it literally doesnt matter

>how noticeable is the difference from 60fps?
Very. Try a monitor out in a store.

try out you'll figure out

Maybe for some games like CS:GO they might be beneficial.
Can't think of any other use cases.

extended periods of use is necessary to notice the difference.
The jump from 60 fps to 100 fps is particularly noticeable. But if you play on 144 fps for a week and then suddenly switch back to 60 fps, you'll notice a big difference even if you couldn't at the very first day.

Compare 30 and 60 fps on your current monitor. Then imagine the picture even more fluid than 60.
The novelty effect fades off quickly though and you won't notice it anymore unless you use another monitor in the meantime.

Best way to get a feel on a 60hz monitor:
Download svp, set it up with your video player thats compatible and watch a video, preferrably something fast paced. Since youre so used to watching things at 24 fps, watching it at 60 will definitely feel different
Similar to what a 144hz monitor will achieve for you. Itll feel unreal, and extremely weird the first few times you use it. But then you cant seem to live without it anymore.

Depends on the game. It's particularly noticeable in games like Quake.

60Hz to 144Hz is very noticeable

144Hz to 240Hz is kinda noticeable

If you're not a gaymer, the monitors aren't worth it.
Also if your FPS doesn't match or exceed the refresh rate, it's not worth it.

I play nothing but Dota 2. I went back to my old 60 hz over the summer because it is easier to transport and it was fucking awful.

Like other people said, the best way for you to understand the difference, is to see it for yourself. Ask a friend with a high refresh rate monitor or just go to any electronics store to perceive it.

Whether you can notice it is NOT debatable unless you are a cripple. Even on the desktop if you wave around your mouse quickly you can see many more instances of the cursor on 144hz+.

Whether you need it or not is up to you. The fluid motion is nice, but not really a requirement unless you're playing some reaction time intensive games like CS or Quake.

No, the electrocity in your house is 50/60hz, can you see the lights turning on and off? No, because human eye can't see more than 60hz, same with monitors

We can see motion at even 12 fps. It just feels choppy. It doesn't actually help with gameplay.

Wrong board and no. I couldn't ever go back to 60 hz. The liquid smooth gameplay of high fps with a high refresh rate allows you to achieve every bit of potential when it comes to anything that requires even a modest amount of reflexes and/or aiming

Can't wait until 144hz becomes the industry standard 5 years from now.

the difference between 144fps and 60fps is just as big as between 60fps and 30fps. I still have no trouble switching between playing a PC game at 144fps and emulating console games at 30fps though.

It really depends on the activity, I play a lot of shooters and I can't handle my roommates 60hz screen. It's to the point now where I literally get a headache if I watch him play for a couple minutes.

Attached: 1453261446276.jpg (200x200, 35K)

Very liquidy-smooth. You'll not want to go back to 60hz.

I tried it in a store and I couldn't live with 60fps anymore

It's kind of like getting an SSD. It'll feel noticeably faster immediately after using, but you'll never realize how fast, until you use a hard disk, or in this case, a 60Hz monitor.
It'll make every other monitor you use feel like complete shit.
Even just typing on other monitors will have a very noticeable delay.

I find it hard to believe any store is going to be pushing content capable of showing off what a high refresh monitor is good for. Usually it's all on some retarded 30fps video loop.

It is worlds different. I switched to 120hz and I can never go back.

Even just mousing around on the desktop at 144hz will show you the difference.