Can someone give me a quick run down about the different types of laser eye surgery...

Can someone give me a quick run down about the different types of laser eye surgery? Thinking about getting it done once my prescription stabilises but reading about the complications is putting me off.

>lasers are technology

Attached: Treatment-steps-description.png (1266x739, 689K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9crCGMh4j9g
ocumetics.com/
lasikmd.com/price-financing/pricing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Complications are realistic. Dont't fuck up your life even more just for not wearing glasses. Stick to contact lenses or if you're gonna do it, then I heard PRK is the most painful and longest recovery, but most successful. Don't be a pussy and do Lasik and risk fucking up your quality of life. Better yet don't do any of these surgeries

Go to the fucking gym and eat properly instead, OP and get laid more.

>Go to the fucking gym and eat properly instead, OP and get laid more.
>tfw 5'7" 110lbs skeleton manlet

Attached: c9d.png (657x527, 68K)

Dont be a retard and get artiflex/artisan lense implants.

>but reading about the complications is putting me off
This, always dreamed about it, finally have many times more money than it costs but now I'm too afraid of the complications.

>looking at that picture
FUCK

You're highly likely to get better advice in places that aren't mainly populated by autistic Linux users.

It will likely fuck your night vision.

I did lasik 5 years ago. Don't know about smile, but if the doc is competent, the only way to fuck up lasik is getting it infected, that's why you get antibiotic drops before and after. Correction is not 100% exact, I'm still a little off, but not much, so no glasses required while driving.
Took around a day to see somewhat decent again, fog went away after a week I guess, hard to say. Next day I was already driving again, first week is hell, ever watched someone welding without protection for longer?
is right about night vision, it's not fucked, but I can't say I'm completely comfortable with driving by night.
Still, 10/10, would do again. First shower I was almost crying because I could finally see if my feet are clean. Any other question?
Prk is shit, though.

Oh, almost forgot the most shit part. You won't produce tears for some time. First month is shit, constantly using drops. Then it gets better, but the first half year or so I had dry eyes from afternoon on, almost every day.

>that pick
no thanks i stick to my glasses until the end of my life

How bad is the night vision? I've thought about lasik, but almost all of my driving is at night. Is it "in an emergency I could get by" tier or "sunglasses at night"?

>First shower I was almost crying because I could finally see if my feet are clean
This is actually kinda cute in a weird way

There's the retard tier, the super retard tier, and the extra super retard tier
You will never meet an opthalmologist who has had laser eye surgery

It's more of a subtle "I think everything should be less dark" thing. And headlights of oncoming traffic (and rear view mirror) are disturbing. Took me a while to realise that shit is related to my operation, so I guess that says a lot about how a big deal it was.
Thanks. I know it might seem strange, but what can I say, the little moments made every penny worth. Like don't caring about rain anymore, not having to wipe glasses when entering a bar in winter, and shit like that.

Quote was meant for
I guess I should get my money back.

Out of curiosity, why did you want to get rid of your glasses so much? They can actually help your face look more symmetrical/make you look smarter, and I imagine those minor annoyances were just that, minor. Why take the risk? Or why not contact lenses, at the most?

I dunno, to me, the thought of a laser beam going into my eye socket creeps me out. Then heard that after 20 years the shit "wears" off and can't be redone so your back to contacts/glasses anyway.
The thing I think that will help most is keeping sunlight outta your eyes as much as possible so cataracts don't rear up and bite you later in life. My glasses has the Transitions effect on them so they block the nasty sunlight from fucking up my eyesight even more. My eyesight ain't bad, not blind as a bat without my glasses like some unfortunate people.

Yeah but walking with a stone in your shoe every day from morning until night, for 20 effing years is a minor inconvenience too.
You know what, I didn't even have a really good reason,you're right on that. But I had some spare money, wanted to make myself a special birthday present for my 25y, and thought that my beautiful green eyes are worth an investment. I didn't even think a lot about it.

Attached: 88EED87D-CB90-4E52-A0EB-8E67CED67DF6.jpg (540x720, 115K)

>had -3.5 eyes +astigmatism
>fucking glasses always dirty which distracts me
>fucking contact lenses which make my eyes dry and i can't focus on work
>had lasik surgery a month ago
>surgery was done in few minutes
>now I have 150% vision confirmed, 8k real life
>finally got rid off numale glasses
Take the laser pill bros.

Enlighten me on those. I’m interested.

Not, him but I have considered laser surgery because I get tired of not being able to see more than 6 feet away and because sometimes I wish I could do stuff like getting actually being able to see shit on amusement park rides where taking off your glasses is pretty much mandatory or to go into a pool or the sea without having to worry about my glasses being washed off or paying for prescription goggles, also eye protection at the work is a bitch when you wear glasses.

The only things that have stopped me are me being a poorfag until recently, the recovery time and the side effects, specially the reduced night vision and the often reported problems with glare and halos at night.

its okay user. I am [spoiler]5'3"[/spoiler]

At least there are mail order brides. Or find a nice good pedo lady.

tfw you need eye surgery just to use fucking VR devices because your big fucking head and big fucking glasses don't fit in any of them.

>the often reported problems with glare and halos at night.
Those went away after some time, I can't exactly remember when, but it might have been some month (still long, I guess the corneas have some healing to do). But that was really bad only for the first couple of weeks.
The rest is spot on, both pros and cons, at least in my experience.

Can't you use diopters?

I got PRK, recovery blows but I have no complications and now have 20/20

>Attaching two screen right in front of your eyes

literally cant see em without the glasses. don't know what the fucks wrong with me.
Contacts cause some horrible pain and rash no matter what I do with them

5'7" is just above the manlet cutoff, I'm 5'7" as well so trust me you've nothing to worry about

Do people really leave the states for these surgeries. Like going to spain or some other euro land to get it done as its somehow profoundly cheaper an option.

Swear to fucking god there is a datacenter full of people shilling pakistan for these operations.

Dunno how much it is in the us of a, here in Italy I paid ~4k euromoneys in a private clinic (I don't trust hospitals a lot) minus 20% I got back from the state (well, really the taxpayer, that's why we pay them, no?) the next year.

Holy shit are you me?

I can't see past my fucking nose and when I tried contacts it felt like I was poring bleach on my eyes and they always fell off after a few minutes because my tear ducts would go into overclock mode.

i paid 1700 yuros, at (((german clinic))) in slovakia

Not OP but I personnaly know two people who did surgery and both say that it fucked up night driving.
> Too dark, incoming cars blind you.

>Those went away after some time
There is plenty of people who end up with permanent side effects that either require additional lase procedures or are just told it can't be herped and have to use glasses when driving at night to mitigate it

everyone said it was the c leaning solution I used but I tried multiple ones and have had contacts multiple times in my life. no matter what its pure fucking eye agony

in the usa of it begins at around 7,000 real american dollars for any reputable surgeon.
so like with dental people always suggest you just fly off to madrid or some other place and get it done there because in the end its still significantly cheaper assuming you trust eurodoc.

It's the skeleton part I really need to work on I guess.

>tfw everyone takes the piss out of how skinny you are

Does anyone have any experience with IOLs?

I really wish I could get laser eye surgery
>tfw Keratoconus
>tfw only solution is Corneal transplant
>tfw watching videos where they literally stitch a new cornea into your eye

Attached: 7ac.gif (285x285, 1.67M)

I'm American and paid 4200 out the door. This was for PRK and it was at wills eye which is a very well known hospital

I think smile is the best one since the laser is more precise and it doesn't create a flap on your eye that can accidentally tear off and wreck your shit. Also it's supposed to heal faster than either prk or lasik. I'm pulling most of this from memory tho from reading about it a while back, so I could just be talking out of my ass

>tfw watching videos where they literally stitch a new cornea into your eye
Just the thought of that makes me feel queasy, I can't watch any videos of surgery but oddly I'm fire with gore etc.

Some anyone said that it wears off after around 20 years. Is that true?

youtube.com/watch?v=9crCGMh4j9g
just do this, faggot OP

That's pure bullshit, unless you get your laser surgery done before you are 21.

>Too dark, incoming cars blind you.
As a blue eyed person with perfect vision new headlights are too fucking bright. I'm blinded all the time at night.

Uhhh i'm 18

your eyes aren't done changing. don't get eye surgery until 24+

Thanks! I though that someone would respond with
>Newfag reee
or something. Thank you

I'm 5'2" but thank God I have a fat 21cm length x 20cm girth main drive shaf.

Laser surgery isn't advisable until you are at least 20 years old because the eyes continue developing until you reach full adulthood, so any corrections you make to the shape of the eyeball may become moot after a few years

Get contacts and wait SENPAI.

Does lasik help when you have astigmatism?
I have pretty much everything, short sightedness, astigmatism, nystagmus, no stereopsis and lots of other things I can't even remember.
It's becoming harder and harder to see with my right eye, which is apparently my main eye. Even with my glasses.
I'm beginning to wonder if something like this could truly fuck things up even more.

Why do you think PRK is shit? I did it to months ago. First 48 hours are terrible, you see everything foggy and you're in pain, but after that it clears up very quickly.
My correction was perfect, night vision is absolutely normal and no dry eyes. 9/10 experience, absolutely would do it again. It's not a 10 because of the first couple days, they're very uncomfortable.

>5'7"
>not manlet
Pick one

>I have pretty much everything, short sightedness, astigmatism, nystagmus, no stereopsis
Someone really lost the genetics lottery, huh?

But yeah, modern laser surgery can remove or at least mitigate astigmatism

Newfag reee

>Someone really lost the genetics lottery, huh?
When it comes to my eyes, yes.
Sure is nice to not only have no sense of depth, difficulty to make things out at any distance despite having glasses and constantly having people do the "I'm not trying to be rude, but WTF is with your eye, that's fucking freaky" speech.
But, you know, at least I'm not blind. Then I'd do everything in my power to kill myself.

>can finally play VR without shitty lense issues
welcome to the future

Attached: maxresdefault_9.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

I got prk. Was basically legally blind for 2 weeks but it was worth it. I didn't think twice about it, just went in having done zero research, knowing none of the possible consequences. I was just fucking sick of wearing glasses and contacts since I was a toddler, and know that the cost of my prescription would only go up over the years. Just do it OP.
This guy's a paranoid pussy cia nigger. Lasik / prk isn't about cosmetics, it's about not having to stick shit in your eye or wear frames on your face.

>Can someone give me a quick run down about the different types of laser eye surgery?

They all fuck you up in the long term.

God I miss having a peripheral vision. It hurts looking up at night at a sky held in by a border. I've got some weird issue with my eye I don't know the name of, but my optical nerve is apparently constricted at the back of my skull for my left eye, leaving the eye shaped like a football. I have to have my eye removed from my skull before I can ever hope to get lasik or the like.
I don't know if it's worth doing because the risk of losing my eyesight terrifies me.

I was hoping to get bionic lenses made by Ocumetics but the price will be sky high and I will be old as the hills by the time it becomes affordable.

ocumetics.com/

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 23K)

I was also looking into this. Here's hoping it isn't vapor we're chasing

>First shower I was almost crying because I could finally see if my feet are clean
>Oh, almost forgot the most shit part. You won't produce tears for some time.

"almost" crying indeed.

Your eyes are literally two screens attached to your brain. They are also upside down and your brain corrects it.

No retard the screens aren't upside down, the imaging surface is concave. Light flows through a restricted hole through translucent convex surfaces that don't change the orientation of the image. The mind does correct the received image, but if you just flipped around the lenses and retina you wouldn't somehow right the picture.

I'm -5.25 left and -4.75 right. But that was about two years ago, and my current glasses aren't that good, so I guess its gotten worse. Too poor to afford anything better than simple glasses.

Attached: C2x23dAUkAAuIwo.jpg-orig.jpe.jpg (723x1001, 73K)

-6 and -6.25 two years ago here. Sucks so much.

Yeah

Fly/Drive/Train to Canada, get cheap lasik surgery for both eyes. Enjoy few days of vacation. Get back home.

Cheaper than fucking US lasik surgery.

>lasikmd.com/price-financing/pricing

$490 CANADIAN DOLLARS PER EYE.

That's $370 per eye, USD.

I'm actually Canadian, but I live in Saskatchewan. Cheapest I could find here was about $1200 per eye, but it could "take multiple trips". Thanks for the link, I'll see what I can do maybe.

I could afford a thousand dollars to fix my eyes. I get headaches from glasses a lot. Thank you

Attached: Cirno Matches.jpg (604x453, 64K)

i'm 29, just started wearing glasses, and they make me look cooler, beside the not having to squint anymore at long distances
what the fuck is wrong with you people wanting to wear contacts? glasses are awesome

-1.25 and -1.5, by the way
some people tell me "hurr that's a lot" but it seems to be they're retarded

see
Wearing glasses can be a pain, specially if you are legally blind without them, -1.5 is baby's prescription, I had that when I started wearing glasses back in 2nd grade, now I'm like -6.5 22 years later