Why the IT field is very open and other fields are very hermetic

Why the IT field is very open and other fields are very hermetic.

For example, you will find hundreds and hundreds blogs, tutorials and meetups for programming in language A, B or C. There is a fucking huge community.

Now, lets take a look at the Legal or Medical fields.

For many jurisdictions it is hard to find up to date legislation or case law for free, instead you need to have subscriptions costing hundreds per month, to know the up to date law. You won't find much information on how to challenge an unlawful administrative decision by a dumb local gov official.

Same goes for medical, access to some journal articles can cost you around $40 for a paper. Doctors are not blogging, and so on.

What is the fuck wrong with all the other fields that are non IT etc?

Attached: :tmp:540848970-1024x1024.jpg (1024x682, 455K)

Other urls found in this thread:

legifrance.gouv.fr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you fuck up a random program - eh, whatever. If you fuck up a diagnosis - people die.

Theyre mostly dictated by very old fucks and very old traditions

Have you considered that because IT is about computers, it means the professionals know how to use them well and spend a lot of their time with them, so they are much more likely to use them to share their knowledge?
I know it's a very crazy idea

If you fuck up a financial system, people loose money.

I still don't see what you are trying to say here.

surely, maybe there is something to it.

But don't lawyers and doctors know how to use computers, they use them all day for their work.

That's why such critical systems are also tightly controlled. Also,
>access to some journal articles can cost you around $40 for a paper
It's absolutely the same in CS. I'd have spent hundreds if not more on articles for my thesis if my uni didn't have subscription to conference materials and journals (and sci-hub, obviously).

Knowing how to use email and the office suite doesn't mean knowing how to create and manage a blog or website.

>That's why such critical systems are also tightly controlled

That doesn't mean information how to develop software for such system is unavailable. It widely is.

Is signing up for wordpress.com or medium.com harder than signing up for google docs or gmail?

>I'd have spent hundreds if not more on articles for my thesis if my uni didn't have subscription to conference materials and journals (and sci-hub, obviously).

Thats why shit needs to be uploaded to booksc.org on a regular basis.

Digital illiteracy I think, I don`t see much doctors and lawyers interested in more than basic computing for day to day activities, some of them can`t even do a basic system or blog maintenance.

CS undergrade is a meme.

A degree won't make you a coder if you don't have the raw talent.

Coding is learned by typing in Vim, not in university.

In my country there is an official website for law.
legifrance.gouv.fr/

every country I guess has such a site.

The question is how up to date it is.

The uk Legislation.gov.uk doesn't have all recent changes applied. You need to dig through links to parent legislations affecting the current one.

French one is updated, maybe because we don't really like common law and are the creator of civil code. For us law is everything, you can't condemn someone without a law, so we must be sure that the law is accessible to every citizen.

I dont see how locking the information that could lead to a better diagnosis behind more barriers is somehow more productive

>why is there so much information going around in the information technology field?

Attached: 1530948322528s.jpg (226x200, 8K)

Attached: 1536539241935.jpg (480x488, 19K)

Because technology is decentralized, and law and medicine are not.
Wow, that was hard to figure out.

You clearly have never met the clients we deal with in IT, or you wouldn't ask such a stupid fucking question.
Yes. The answer is yes.
Lawyers and Doctors are normie retards the second they touch a computer, they get upset, impatient, and they just wanna throw money at you until it works, because they've, believe it or not, got better shit to fucking do than fuck with blogs and linux and chkdsk and sfc for 5 hours a day.

>signing up for google docs
guarunteed, 80% of them have a fucking IT guy at work who literally does all of that for them, and just gives them a username and password, and maybe even a device to use it on.

programmers actually enjoy programming
nobody enjoys being a fucking lawyer they just do it to make money

You don't want any idiot with a computer and an internet connection being able to give advice on how to perform a tracheotomy on his 'surgery blog'.