I don't like coding that much should I try to get into a career as a computer technician? Like repairing hardware...

I don't like coding that much should I try to get into a career as a computer technician? Like repairing hardware, troubleshoot and software maintenance?

Attached: computer-repairs-810x539.jpg (810x539, 63K)

Do the thing you like so you don't want to kys as much

depends

do you like to fix computers?

I'm on the same boat, I'm very bad at maths, so I don't think I have much future in coding.

I like to fix things but I'm not knowledgable enough. I would have to learn it.

as i see this you have some options.. you could just get the career and make some money while you do yours hobbies.

Dying trade OP

Learn Azure and AWS then.

You can but the money is a lot less. Think Mechanic vs. Engineer.

I tried coding for a bit and I had the basics down with classes, structures, if, else, and, or statements, but then when the complex shit like coding using recursion, data trees, and all that other shit started happening I just felt lost and eventually lost interest.

I do service work on the side. Repair broken laptop charging ports, troubleshoot General hardware problems, etc.. Not a lot of money to be made, unless you do it on your own time. Employers don’t typically pay much for that sort of work. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

maybe look into network administration.

Isn't this highly stressful work? Like you're responsible for hundreds of people needing access to your network. You could fuck it up once and if you can't figure out what to do you'll be fired.

oh, so you're retarded then

I was in IT, then transitioned to CS. It can be rewarding career path, and easy to jump into.

I'm starting A+ Net+ Secur+ this year and CCNA and CCNP next year plus learning python on the side is this a good career path?

How does losing interest equal being retarded. You sound like the real retard.

Learn perl 6 you doublenigger

I used to be a Computer Tech at a small Hospital. It wasn't a bad gig. I got paid ~$25/hr.

>thinks everyone can cs
And op, seeing as my freshman year classmates, least those who lost interest in cs fairly early, mostly bounced to electrical engineering, you might as follow in their footsteps. Apparently that clicks better for some people.

I got into repairing about a month ago with no experience fixing anything whatsoever. First started repairing iphones but now Im diagnosing motherboards and microsoldering. Doesnt take a whole lot, you just gotta know what youre doing

Youre a nigger faggot. I bet you buy apple products you fuck

I think I'd like to do that. It sounds like an enjoyable job.

earn a trade as an electrician

It is for the most part. After a while, I imagine it would get tedious to some. Dealing with retards is a minus but telling them that their phone or macbook is fucked is fun.

It's hard to find trade schools and apprenticeships where I live. You'd need to have connections with people in the industry that are willing to take you under their wing.

I fucking wish I could get over into just being a Tech or long end Network guy. But my workplace has outsourced all that to contractors. I got to much time invested where I am to just toss it all and start over. The real irony is that computers are getting to be like Toaster ovens, cheaper to just toss them and buy new than fix them. (judging by the pre-built prices I see at wal-mart). So I'm fucked either way. Can't get the job/career I want and by the time I do retire and have time finally do it said career/job may not even exist anymore.

theres no community college analog there?

Dont go to school to be a tech. You can do all this shit without any degree

Its ok... Doesn't pay great and people burn you at the steak for down time.