Why aren't you using i3 user?

Why aren't you using i3 user?

Attached: 1_010.png (1920x1080, 1.33M)

because i'm straight

I get actual work done on my PC and I don't have time for some kiddie bullshit.

tiles are bad

i dont have aspergers

Because I have an i7

Because Gnome is comfy.

Because I use Sway

Miss my launchers.

because i'm not a faggot that needs a DE or a WM

This is the correct response

Only if you’re 12.

Attached: sway.jpg (500x431, 21K)

My co-worker uses it and emacs. Its just not my style.

Because I'm not an faggot.

I'm not convinced.

because after a lot of trying out tiling wms I've come to the conclusion that I like dwm/awesomewm master/slave window approach the most

Because baespwm is the way. Adopt baskerbae as your savior and rejoice.

because I use tmux, which tiles my terminals without needing to use a window manager from the 90s for browsers and everything else.

fluxbox is better

i do but im too gay to make the colors pretty

because im not a l33t arch user with a neckbeard like you

Because I'm not a brainlet. I can patch dwm

>he doesn't use qute

because I have i7

My screen is too small to be divided like that.

Install pywal and enjoy

Because many applications don't goddamn work in tiling window managers.

It would decrease my workflow

>letting google botnet data mine your Majaro Linux desktop

Attached: 1498573952979.jpg (460x450, 202K)

I never understood why people don't use tmux instead.

Because dwm is better

>What are gui programs?

cause I like bspwm

>I never understood why people don't use emacs instead.
ftfy

Because I use Awesome WM in floating mode because tiling is for retards

because I use AMD

too low iq for linux

tmux fucks up my vim colors and is slower than opening a new terminal

>because i'm not a faggot that needs a DE or a WM
>i3 is not a wm
Were you dropped as a child?

Manjaro openbox coupled with mpv, catfish, and pcmanfm, exists

I'm already using bspwm.

I like it, I only use it on my laptop though because I hate using track pads. On my desktop i'd rather have a fully featured de.

I am, its pretty comfy I like it, has its flaws though, I wouldn't be able to convince someone to use it

Because I have a job

GNOME is the only sane choice for the civilized, computer literate, productive people who don't have time nor interest to rice because as much as it can teach on how a *x system works to a beginner, it is just silly for an experienced user. Why would you use anything else than GNOME ?

In time you will learn that stability and simplicity is better than endlessly editing config files.

After spending a month with it, I've concluded that tiling is retarded.

Can't figure out how to get it to do sane tiling without having to use its verti/hori splitting hotkeys. I shouldn't need to.

Because it creates an inconsistent and inconvenient user experience. I can use a mouse to click a button faster than you can use keyboard shortcuts and enter the name of a program. You wanna know the best part of using a mouse? I don't have to learn anything new to use my desktop. It's the same point and click shit I've used for over a decade. But you're a cuckold who gets used by his computer. You're forced to learn new shortcuts and work around your software, rather than making the software work for you.

You can install a normal desktop or force this unnatural trash on yourself and be miserable. Pick one.

Attached: 1517789356954.gif (650x705, 38K)

Cinnamon works well

My Fluxbox setup from 2001 or 2002 or so still works.

Attached: Hinata.jpg (800x800, 88K)

I don't have that problem anymore.... I did on my last distro, which was Mint.

I have 4 monitors and I think thats where i3 shines
Can't do much in one workspace on one laptop screen unless its just music and a volume bar or something.

What autists used before i3?
>inb4 i2

>le leet console user
Are you sure it wasn't you user?

What? Basically programs with multiple windows are even better in a tilled environment because they aren't a fucking mess.

That is what I was doing. But then I grow accustomed to it and start using it on desktop as well.

does anything work yet? what about muh steam games?

almost all applications work fine as tiles. Anything else can be popped out as a window, it's fine.

I even have my KeePass setup to launch as a window because it's kinda fucked as a tile.

pkg_mgr install mate-panel
if you want shortcuts on the bar
or use i3 as a window manager for MATE
and you get the best (and worst) of both
>rather than making the software work for you
edit ~/.config/i3/config
>the same point and click shit I've used for over a decade
>normal desktop
So if you had used i3 for a decade it will be fine?
I guess I'm good then.

It's less efficient than using a mouse. And why would I manually edit config files like an autist when I can install Ubuntu and have everything work out of the box. You're asking me to waste time on silly shit with zero benefits. Go back to r*ddit.

core 2 duo

>It's less efficient than using a mouse.
For you.
>And why would I manually edit config files
You haven't. i3 defaults are fine for most cases.
>You're asking me to waste time
I don't give a fuck about what you're using.
>silly shit with zero benefits
It is lighter on resources and being keyboard driven makes it suitable for laptops where touchpad/clit are shit.
Also it is ordered by design. No need to drag windows next to another.
As such it is more suited for multi-window interfaces. See pic related GIMP w/o single-window mode. SWI or MWI makes no difference.

Attached: 18.09.11-12.31_maim.png (1366x768, 506K)

this

because when I installed it many moons ago all I had were some bars after logging in
could figure out what to do after that

Because i use an i5 :^)

Because i have a working penis.

the issue is that the stable version is from 2015, and the git version is not compatible with the current patches.

i managed to convert useless gaps to be git compatible. but i'm too lazy to do the others i want.

I use tmux and i3. They don't really have the same use-case.

wmii

Open a terminal (mod-enter) or dmenu (mod-d)

i have a job and cannot spend my free time tweaking configs amd setting shortcuts instead of learning actually useful new stuff.

kde is comfy as fuck and low on resources (close to xfce) considering it provides the most fully featured de you can find, takes 10min to set up and integrates natively with any qt software, which is generally the preferred choice (aside browser), also integrates gtk applications almost flawlessly as of 2018. So yeah, i3 is pretty based but I need stuff that just works.

Dolphin is the best non TUI linux file manager and the Clipboard manager in KDE is great too.
But i still preffer XFCE.

Because some people like to do work on their computers
Awesome+kde4 is god tier

>less efficient than using a mouse
kek.
you're the kind of retard that's scared of vim aren't you

This, I spent the first week after coming back from OSX smashing mod+space like it was Xmonad.

Or y'know, I can just use the fucking mouse. I spend most of my time in shells and couldn't deal with a broken ass OSS ecosystem for nice UIs. I migrated after using OSX for the better part of a decade and got tired of working around its warts. Like it works seamlessly with my AppleTV and iPhone, but it's just not worth it.

Xmonad!

That's pretty much the default Manjaro config there bud. Slow your roll

because openbox is better

Trying to get it working on redhat it's pretty painful desu

bspwm is better

Because im using Xmonad.

Attached: 1200px-Haskell-Logo.svg.png (1200x847, 15K)

Because dwm/awesomewm exist.

i dont ""rice""
and i dont have time to install and configure all the extra components of a desktop environment

I used to, but after some time I spent with Openbox I see that tilling is not always a good idea.

You need to buy a new monitor, your screen has burn in on the top right corner.

because i'm using hlwm

Attached: mydesktop.png (1366x768, 3.01M)

I like you. :3

Attached: ezgif-1-c03f096445.gif (206x191, 3.94M)

Is there a brainlet's guide to replace kwin with i3?

How well it works on two monitors where one is vertical?

>i3wm

Because I use pygrid

Because it's actually rather inefficient.

Because after years of using all sorts of different distros and DE's I realized that I always end up back at debian Mate

Attached: 1531357777424.jpg (2048x1374, 1007K)

i dropped it just cause multi monitor (3 monitors, one above the primary and one to the right) is handled better on gnome and kde, gnome sucks tho so I just went kde. Also tried xrandr scripts with dbus plig events and it worked, even on i3 but it was so much work and wasted time for nothing. Still use xfce on my laptop tho.

KDE Plasma >>>>>> everything else
CHANG MY MIND

Not only do I have a 600 line config for i3, I have some of the most autistic keybindings, to the point where I don't even to use the mouse.
I also wrote an arg loonix install script that installs the OS, sets up all the packages and injects my autistic configs, all with one command.

Attached: 2018-09-01-ds.png (2560x1024, 3.68M)

Friends I'm a brainlet who doesn't know how to use a tiling wm. How can I learn?

I'm a girl(male) btw

Attached: k8Tfl8r.jpg (333x301, 22K)

It depends on which wm you wanna try. Usually you should just check it's documentation. Try to mess around with I3WM, because it's the most popular one.

>wrote an arg loonix install script
Nice, you have a guide I can follow to make my own? Also, how's sid treating you?

Attached: 1359857298149.png (300x291, 87K)

i3 confuses me desu. I was hoping for a guide that'd walk me through the basic commands so it won't make my head hurt >~

You have to go through some autistic stuff to use tilling WMs.

Why hasn't anybody made a guide to make transitioning to tiling wms more stweamy lined and less fucksy wucksy