New update is out. Can anyone confirm if Nvidia is indeed gimping older cards in order to sell the new ones?

New update is out. Can anyone confirm if Nvidia is indeed gimping older cards in order to sell the new ones?

Attached: Screenshot (34).png (1442x1294, 1.1M)

I don't know, but I usually never update just in case.

Attached: 3cc (1).png (1076x1105, 2.66M)

>can anyone confirm the very deep inner workings of a closed source driver that the linux community has been struggling and failing to reverse engineer for decades?
What do you fucking think the answer is bud?

390.XX drivers fuck up on rainbow 6 siege causing my monitor to black screen and recover under heavy work loads. Rolled back to 389 and under to make sure it wasn’t hardware failure or anything else and doesn’t happen. Rolled forward to 390.XX again and the black screen happens. It’s like someone unplugs my DP cable and reconnects it, funny thing is the driver isn’t crashing in event viewer so guess it’s a bug

I can confirm that.

I guess it's confirmed then. Someone get r/pcmr on the phone.

How do you deal with games that force you to update like Battlefield 5?

>Can anyone confirm if Nvidia is indeed gimping older cards in order to sell the new ones?
IDK, but my laptop GPU performed better after the latest update.

>Battlefield 5
I guess it's worth updating to see stronk womyn of colour storming the beach at Normandy, even if you lose some performance.

Attached: exsoyted.png (740x724, 37K)

stop being a dip

It's not gimping, it's 'enabling advanced features that only their new cards have hardware acceleration for'

398.36lets too scared to update to superior 399.24

t. Shaniqua

>try bfv beta
>runs like shit on all settings, 20fps and stutering
>turn off this cancer virus program
>60fps on high

fuck nvidia

Exact same thing happening to me with siege. Unplugging/replugging the DP cable seems to fix it for a day or so.

>causing my monitor to black screen and recover under heavy work loads

Constant thing that happens to me for a while now , the black screen , sometimes restarting my computer will make it go away , nobody has a fix or even understands what's happening , some people have returned their cards only to have the same problem. 1080TI.
Some people say you need a better PSU , if that's true or not I don't know , some say it's the motherboard.

not according to facts, but AMD doesn't like facts

AMD cards are arguably less hassle than Nvidia ones right now though. I have a 580 and some old stable drivers and have zero problems.

Nvidia is delaying the release of 2070 to force people into buying the current stock of unsold 10*0 cards by leveraging on the uncertainty on 20*0 cards' performance and playing on performance per dollar of the older generation now that prices are going down: gimping them would be against their current strategy.

lmao, nvidia has no drivers

If people told me in 2009 that in 2018 Nvidia would have shittier drivers both on Windows and Linux than AMD I would have laughed in their face.
Oh how the tables have turned.

You literally just do before and after benchmarks, nigger.

This. They aren't gimping them on purpose, more so than, they can't be bothered to keep supporting old hardware.

Then wouldn't the old GPUs just stay the same with new patches, instead of becoming slower?

According to the tests that is what is happening. Nvidia fucked up some of their patches and that's where the rumours stem from.

What tests?

that would be too easy to spot

most likely they'll just make sure the NEW vidya runs like shit on Pascal

Would be nice to see results with newer drivers.

Attached: tests.jpg (971x857, 235K)

looking at the hardware, all they have to do is NOT optimize Pascal for new shit,
they don't even have to gimp anything

mines lagged abit 130-140 fps i normally has gone to 40, i deleted the gamesettings.ini and goes back to my normal frames

if you have problems on your pc you are a fucking retard, stop using beta drivers or shit software, i have 2 PC's at home and 3 laptops and never have a problem because I don't download viruses and i'm not an idiot.

upside of never updating your architecture....

This.They play it like this:

New generation, new vidya. Through gameworks games are gimped. Only sometimes are bloat/exclusive features added, like physx, hairworks and now RTX. The bloat is designed to slow ALL cards down. Nvidia of course profits from all games being slower, since they are the only ones selling (in most peoples eyes) viable high end cards. When it hits AMD and older cards harder, thats of course a bonus.

The "mid tier" of screens are improving. 1440p 60fps is now mid tier, even console games are ~1600p. So nvidia sees the chance to sell a gtx 1070 to all these new people. They can't do that if games arent bloated.

I didn't know there were intelligent people on Jow Forums

This doesn't support any argument about gimping. Some get faster, some get slower, some are within margin of error. What this shows for AMD is their launch drivers are generally shit, and they can do benchmarks and not games. Cool.

>Would be nice to see results with newer drivers.
I love my 780ti

Jow Forumslgbt

be a good goy and update

Attached: 1536019488401.jpg (600x1152, 147K)