Why are you not using lxqt?

based on qt and is lightweight. Why use anything else?

Attached: frost.png (1366x768, 390K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slant.co/versus/1120/1135/~lxde_vs_lxqt
debconf18.debconf.org/talks/139-lxde-lxqt-the-classic-desktop-environments-after-12-years/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

looks like KDE, but with worse visuals

>qt
>lightweight
Pick one

>GTK
>lightweight
Pick one

>not using a DE based on raw X11 buffers
welp

can't see the point of downgrading from full featured KDE Plasma which is already light enough for my toaster.

because i dont have same sex relations

debian doesn't have a separate package for lxqt-config-appearance, cba installing lxqt-config which comes with a ton of junk I don't need when I only use pcmanfm and lxappearance

>using a DE

>using a computer

>using a utility

>using

So is KDE.
What makes LXQT better than KDE, aside from consuming slightly less RAM?

it works

>being alive

Nice meme, but Qt is heavily used in automotive and embedded, and is considerably lighter than the GTK3 garbage fire.
In fact that's why LXQt exists in the first place. GTK2 hit EOL and GTK3 is such a massive resource hog it was worth the effort of porting to Qt.

>existing

>LXQT works
last time I checked it was pretty buggy

>LGBT the desktop environment.
I am not a faggot op.

I liked it well enough, but found it lacking. It lets you set up the panel vertically, but no option for automatically growing the panel like in Xfce.

Overall it was fine but a little lacking in features, so I eventually removed it and installed GNOME shell, and was happy with that until it had issues (3.30 is still very new) and switched to KDE. Got bored of KDE and went back to elementaryOS, really like it. It's comfy.

Pretty buggy. It's not ready yet.

Use a wm you noob.

after using i3 i cannot go back

>0.10

Attached: AE1A0542F3EC4903BC3CB8C3C92E2483.jpg (872x632, 38K)

I tried it but the windows button doesn't pop up the start menu or whatever it's called in GNU.

>

What was wrong with Unity?

>1366x768

Because I'm using KDE and it uses less than 500MB on boot.

>500MB is low

slant.co/versus/1120/1135/~lxde_vs_lxqt

To be pedantic it uses less than that, since that's total system memory consumption and not just KDE's.

how much does KDE use then?

Getting an usable, for one

Been on KDE Plasma for a couple of years, before that I did try Lxqt and it was horribly unstable and glitchy. Also don't think it is h/w-accel out of the box like KDE is. So what's the point? KDE doesn't use up a significantly high amount of RAM to warrant switching.

Because KDE+i3 is better

Plasma is light enough and LXQt lacks developers thus it hinders its development. I don't want to use an half dead project.

Because KDE is komfy and the mascot is kute.

>folders divided into "Places" and "Bookmarks"
This is retarded and I hate whoever came up with this trend.

Those large, complex, colorful icons are really outdated and in 2018 look like they're from a game or something.
I do free software but I do it in style.

>screenshot literally shows how you can change theme and icons
>complain about theme and icons
Please go back to windows.

>67556386

I've never seen anything KDE based that was themed satisfyingly.
They seem to love their fuckhuge icons for some reason.

Are you bait?
Qt is not KDE based.

debconf18.debconf.org/talks/139-lxde-lxqt-the-classic-desktop-environments-after-12-years/

Yeah I meant qt not kde

Anyone here actually using it?
How do I make it so that windows fades/pops in and out when being closed/opened? Having them immediately disappear (ie default of these light DEs) doesn't do it for me.

install gunomu 3

XFCE still exists.

Why would I install something that literally takes ten times more memory by default?

So can you use GTK apps on lxqt?
Will that just also install GTK dependencies?

This

It looks like shit.

You can have a pure QT system with LXQT, but you'll probably need GTK apps (personally I use GIMP instead of any of the QT alternatives) and they will pull in GTK as a dependency.

muh animations obviusly

Attached: gunomu666.png (493x498, 34K)

because it depends too heavily on kde backends for most of the programs. not to mention qt shit likes to crash for no reason

>DE
>lightweight
pick one

>same ugly design as KDE
No thanks

Attached: e86.jpg (677x1400, 189K)

nicely meme'd my fellow redditor!

ive used openbox and i3 quite extensively in ye olden days
guess im just dead inside now lmao