A 2700x will only bottleneck a gtx 1080ti and above right ?

a 2700x will only bottleneck a gtx 1080ti and above right ?

i'm getting a 1070ti and there's like only a %5 or less difference with an overclocked 8700k from what ive seen from benchmark.

Attached: amd-ryzen-7-2700x-processor-south-africa-1000px-0003-v1.jpg (1000x1000, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wSmpw8jFHoM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo and fuck off back to

>2700x for gaming

Attached: 765565768675.jpg (695x736, 107K)

are you implying i fucked up ?

There's no difference between 2600 and 2700 in gaming

It depends on the game and the resolution, dummy.

It depends on settings. In 1440p in most games at high settings 2700x would easily load 1070ti at 100%.

well i got the 2700x for only $270 at microcenter and $30 off a mobo so why not.

Based, ignore kiketel shills, on 1070ti 2700x is more than fine

thanks bro.

i have one with a 1070 and they work great together desu

also, how do i turn off these childish rainbow lights? AMD’s software doesn’t work

Attached: D5E63A8D-5AE9-4564-9F3E-F30DBE5D7256.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

Any half-decent board should have an option in the BIOS to kill it. I see you bought an MSI one though, so... yikes.

>yikes

kill yourself

is MSI bad?? it cost so much money

bump

I have an msi board and I can't turn the LEDs off. You're stuck bro.

I have a Gtx1080 with a r5 1600, should I buy the 2600X? Can the stock cooler from the 1600 work fine too?

I have the same board it's awesome you just have to download msi mystic light to turn off mobo lights and for the cooler you have to plugin the usb cable that came with your cooler and download the ryzen app to turn off the colors

what motherboard do you have ?

you're retarded he has the gaming carbon pro he just needs to download msi mystic light 3 and you'll be able to turn off the lights.

Daily reminder

Attached: 1533755857006.png (1440x509, 388K)

based wraith prism

Asus B350, dont know the exact model

upgrade the bios to the latest version first before you upgrade your CPU if you haven't already done that

yea my buddy bought a 2200g and the mobo won't recognize it so he has to rma it and get a refurb back.

i had to do that when I bought my 2400G, sucks but worth it unless he can find a shop that'll do it, deoends on if you think it's worth it to pay someone to use it now or if you can wait

Is it worth getting the 2600x over the 2600 for 1440p gaming with a 1070ti or 1080

I would get the 2600X, and probably a 1070ti and OC it

Only difference in the X series is automated overcooking and a better stock cooler. If you're capable and have your own cooling, no reason for the X

Exactly. Plus side though if those new $50 AMD 2200GE's or whatever they're labeled are available that could be another avenue. Provided they don't need updates as well.

all B350 series MBs trying to run 2XXX series CPU/APUs need BIOS updates to run unless the factory has done it already

Imagine you just have to pay attention to the mobo revision numbers like in the past.

Thanks for the warning

I bought a year ago a 1080 ti and a ryzen 1700.
I'm probably bottlenecking it. Should I upgrade it to the 2700x? Money doesn't matter, unless you ask me to buy a new MB with an intel cpu

Attached: 5478276462.jpg (700x525, 58K)

2700x 1070ti reporting in

Attached: speccy.png (775x553, 66K)

do the needful and buy intel ples

The bottneck isnt huge. And if you are playing above 1080p there is no bottleneck. I wouldnt upgrade your cpu. I would pick up a 1440p or 4k panel.

Attached: 1536181294262.png (633x900, 162K)

if your still here its "Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. AB350-Gaming 3-CF (AM4)" its gigabyte and not asus my bad

cut the cable powering the lights? I dunno.

>AyyyMD processor for gaming
They're good for anything that isnt gaming. If you only want to game, Intel processors are the best option.

how did you get speccy to read your ryzen temps correctly ?

What's wrong?
I'm planning on getting a 2950x.

>Trust me, 4% performance for 50% cash is a great deal, goyim!

Attached: bench.png (2560x1440, 678K)

Yes, it's worth it, NEET poorfag. AMD processors are just budget CPUs. I'm not complaining with my 6 figure salary about an increase of performance in gaming. AMD is good for literally anything that isn't gaming; true gaming enthusiasts that aren't living off welfare would choose Intel.

>6 figure salary
You can literally spot the bullshit from a mile away

DELID

Attached: poo in the joo.png (1824x1026, 431K)

>a better stock cooler
I thought X versions don't have bundled coolers? At least 1600x didn't have one.

Great story, grandpa. Could have used a vampire though. 'Night.

All the new zen refresh cpus have stock coolers, the x variants have better ones.

If I'm only intending to use one pci express and two ram slots, which AM4 motherboard would be recommended for quality, durability, cpu voltage management considering I want to upgrade my cpu later on and probably try overclocking?

not sure but I imagine it'S the same policy regardless of mb brand

How good is this stock cooler
Im doing a whole new build so since its not much extra I may just get that
GPU w

Wew
GPU woes are a concern, I still cant make my mind up

well the X's stock cooler is enough for it's auto overclock feature but if you want to overclock beyond that you'll need an aftermarket cooler but you'll just get diminishing returns at that point with the added cost of an after market cooler unless you already have a good one.

Look son, i am literally the god of destruction from universe 6 and i know very well that is not a good deal to pay twice for a tiny increase in performance.
This and the extra power making harder to cool it down in planets with thin atmospheres.

It will only bottleneck your dick in any intel fanboi's throat

if it's wraith prism it will be better than 70% coolers on the market. Even cheap towers (like zalman performa) lose to it.

>plugs cant be unplugged

>correctly

lol

so it's not ?

it either is or isnt, the general vast overbearing consensus is that it doesn't report correctly ever so why would you think 50c was correct. at all, ever.

You probably have both the RGB and the USB headers for the fan plugged in. Pick one or the other. I have only the USB plugged in and the Cooler Master Wraith Prism application works fine for me.

Speccy will bounce around for my 2700x but it mostly reads in a ~5c accuracy.

Naisu but I got an 8700K

Go 2700X unless ur a mega autist like me and bought the 8700K for single core speeds so I can play Hearts of Iron 4 better

Attached: gwysrou.png (1304x808, 288K)

>2700x
>games

2700x is a bottleneck in 1080p/1440p get intel equivalent(8700k) instead

You have to use the USB header instead of the RGB one. If you plug it in through the USB one you can use AMD's software to control the ring, fan, and AMD logo independently, while if you use the RGB one the fan will match your mobo lighting but you can't control the ring or logo.

Attached: DSCF3781.jpg (1000x961, 128K)

Was just going to ask the same thing. Speccy shows like double the actual temp on my 2700x.

>true gaming enthusiasts
what a honorable title to hold

True gaming enthusiasts spend intel money on shitty paradox games that never go to 64bit

I'm getting an x2700 tomorrow, should I use pic related (with the proper fitting bracket ofc) or the included fan?

Attached: noctua_nh_d14_1.jpg (498x500, 71K)

Ryzens have too much latency for FPS gaming. Reddit niggers don't understand the concept of latency.

>making anything above MINIMAL 6 figures and having lots of time to game

I make 220 and I have minimal time to game on the classic games I do play. have no idea about games that came after 2004 except the crysis memes.

successful people don't have free time like that because they're improving their "product," whatever that is.

The 2600X comes with the same Wraith Spire cooler the 1600 did. Interestingly, the 2600 now comes with the lesser Wraith Stealth.
The XFR and PBO the X processors use on the X470 is pretty competent. XFR now works across a
l cores and PBO boosts 2 cores beyond XFR, thermals allowing.

Damn it looks so nice, I swapped my virgin 2600x wraith cooler for a used 212 evo and the temps were literally the same.

I'm, compared to most of you, poor as fuck, I don't even make $27k a year and that's before taxes and other shit gets taken out. I don't got the money to blow on $500 graphics cards or new game consoles. I'm to busy paying bills and trying to save what little money I have left over after everything is paid/taken care of.

youtu.be/wSmpw8jFHoM
No.

Nope won't bottleneck a 1080ti unless you're running 144fps+
t. 1080ti and 2700x

if you don't have debt, you're richer than most Americans tho. may I suggest something? if you can code, look into boutique/custom software for industries like libraries, real estate, and so on. ppl charge so much for that stuff that you can make a better product and undercut them, eating their lunch in the process. or at least that's what I did.

but if you're working for someone else, you'll always be working for as little as you're willing to take, and will always be spinning your wheels imo.

...and if you're young, don't worry. most self-made ppl I know got going in their mid 30s.

oh shit, OK. thanks user I'll try that.

May as well try out the included fan for a while at least. If you're not overclocking it should be fine.

a 2700x will bottleneck something ABOVE a 1080ti?

like what for example? a titan which it isnt a gaming card? or a quadro?

buying amd for gaming is retarded it performs like 10% worse.

just get a 8350k if you want a cheap gaming cpu and another amd system if you want 8cores for cheap.

10% worse peformance without the hassle of having to delid, cheaper, supporting the innovator in the market AND performs way better at any heavily multithreaded task

Glad I bought mine

amd is perfect for mixed workloads.

a fucking pain in the ass, I bought a full asus rog setup, not for the lights but cause it was the best price/perf. I'd like some lights when I play gaymes (less and less desu) but would love to shut off everything on linux, except there is no software for it and I would want to avoid to go in the bios at every boot. Do any of you know if setting up a kvm windows machine to turn on in background, run a script to switch off rgb and shutdown after that is doable?

>1440p
>8700k isnt even overclocked
>still beats the ryzen option by a shit ton, as high as 33%, 26% better performance
God, its like you try so hard to skew that AMD product isn't shit even then it still obvious it's the worse product for gaming.

>those constant frametime dips on ryzen system
Fucking ironic considering ryzen fags push the "it's smoother" meme when they are confronted with worse performance
>i-it might be lower performance bu-but it's more consistent
my ass

Listen here nigger, worrying about gaymes too much will fuck up your life. Just get a 1050 ti and an i3 and play 1080p medium settings like every other normie.

>4% on average
>B-B-But it's killer in ten year old games that use a single core!!! PLEASE BUY OUR CPUS!!!!!!
kek, you guys are getting desperate. Please post some more 720p low settings benchmarks run on a Titan V, Shlomo. They're good for laugh.

>ignores multiple points of the argument
>proceeds to restate his 4%, exaggerate and then throw in some names to top it off
I know you are getting payed minimum wage to shill, but you do a terrible job.

Multiple points like
>HURRRRRRRRRR FOURTEEN FORTY PEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOO everyone knows all game benchmarks are conducted at 480p to get real world numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
?

Damn, wouldn't want to miss on responding to compelling arguments like those, Mr. Shekelberg!

Attached: sweetie.jpg (1528x1530, 188K)

>full damage control instead of addressing a single point

fuckoff in 2-10years games will use more than 4 cores, i promise

It's smoother because there are more physical cores and Ryzen fags never had more than 4 cores (which are fully saturated by the game, OS, drivers, services, etc., which is impossibly to schedule smoothly

>Ryzen fags never had more than 4 cores
Uhhh? Even intel has 6 core options right now.

Don't upgrade. Wait for the 3700x.

8 seems to be the max before yields become too shitty, as monolithic is superior but expensive. If my 4+4 core zen is smooth, I can only imagine what the jews have to offer.

I've had both. The Wraith is a decent cooler. It's fine for stock. I bought the DH-15 SE-AM4 (it's the D15 but with an AM4 bracket) and the all core boost went from 3.9Ghz to 4.1. My single core boost went from 4.3 to 4.35, though I've seen it go up to 4.38. Keeps it nice and cool and is quiet.

In the future, a beefy cooler like the NH-D15 would be a good choice. Best air cooler on the market.