Why can't the FSF hire someone much more charismatic and technologically/politically engaged?

Why can't the FSF hire someone much more charismatic and technologically/politically engaged?
What type of precedent does this man set in the 21st century? Yapping about the good old times? Show me his last piece of code. Show me his last impact on a chart.

Attached: 20161122-pamplona-11.jpg (3543x2362, 2.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/to-Jow
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html
gnu.org/gnu/rms-lisp.en.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So... You want a fag?

>fat jew
>fake doctor
>do anything but take credit for shit he's never done

Attached: 1461363944515.jpg (545x625, 31K)

Well Tim Cook is gay and does a good job in front of the audience, keeps his pace of talking and controls his intonation. Yeah, I think a fag is a good improvement over a literal caveman looking motherfucker.

What does he think about Jow Forums sucking his cock non-stop?

>Why can't the FSF hire someone much more charismatic and technologically/politically engaged?
because they sadly put in the person who has done the most important work and they don't want some nobody who has not written anything of worth to stand in

stallman.org/to-Jow Forums.html

>I have a low opinion of Gentoo GNU/Linux
>they are treating me and the GNU Project disresepectfully
>Gentoo steers the user towards nonfree programs
No wonder this guy is such a memelord.

Attached: 1528766349529.jpg (210x230, 37K)

Okay so how did Bill Gates make it, as opposed to RMS? What about Steve Jobs?
You need hard workers and hard marketers, not some bog inbetween.

meant for
RMS's last contribution was not in this century, he has nothing to show for himself. If it'll just be about sweet talking, get a handsome silver tongued man in his late 30s to do it.

maybe you prefer a black mtf woman?
>it's the CURRENT_YEAR we need a zoomer magnet
no we don't
his last piece of code was perhaps decades ago, but his work will continue for many years to come
thanks ricardo

Attached: rms_offering.jpg (500x375, 77K)

So you believe all the young, intelligent, and energetic contributors to open source deserve RMS as the frontman? That's somewhat insulting.

He wronte GCC and ported a bunch of open source BSD programs to GNU. He also wrote Emacs.

>deserve
>frontman
you seem somewhat confused

Attached: 18vd8ax70k2ztjpg.jpg (800x452, 59K)

Stallman doesn't believe in open source

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html

>RMS's last contribution was not in this century
exactly this speaks worlds about how little anyone besides him contributes

Open source is a ploy to undermine the ideas of Free Software. I agree with him.

>Open source

Attached: 1536659588076.jpg (690x431, 83K)

Attached: RMS_Done_your_Mother.png (1269x710, 113K)

Crappy response.
Great but that's history. Maybe a conference of 200 people would've cheered several times but that's it.
Crappy response.

Look I didn't graduate community college. I care about my career and the people that I represent and represent me.
>Yeah I work for a non-profit organisation whose leader blogs in conferences
Yuck.

Okay, post the original.

Free Software is a ploy to undermine the ideas of open specifications.

>being mad at freedom
end your non-free life soon user

Attached: rms_book.jpg (492x640, 73K)

1. Gentoo is a shit meme distro
2. We do actually
3. It does
???

RMS is the hero free software needs, but OP doesn't deserve.

>BOG

Attached: The_Call.png (500x775, 752K)

MSVC-optimised code outperforms O2 GCC and clang. Windows supports apps Linux never ever will.
Proprietary software makes trillions. Free software is just a nice-to-have.

>Why can't the FSF hire someone much more charismatic and technologically/politically engaged?

I'm sure they would if they could. Also he is the president of the FSF so he would be the one making the hiring decisions anyway. If you want to personally help them then volunteer or donate.

The FSF is not interested in trading freedom for popularity or money. Free software is necessary to live in a free society. To have your computer completely controlled by a corporation or government is asking for trouble.

wtf i love gentoo now??

>is asking for trouble.
That's it? That is the greatest defense for a philosophy that enables the theft of publicly accessible code, the pax China?

>people I don't like being able to use free software is theft
No, that would be them exercising their freedoms.

Btw Chinese companies that want to do business in Europe and USA have incentive to cooperate, not steal. The ones that don't would have no problems violating proprietary licenses either.

How does that relate to the real world? Open source projects are used as stackoverflow type solutions and nobody does anything about it.

china also runs over pedestrians twice to make sure they're dead, i don't have to defend china

gnu.org/gnu/rms-lisp.en.html
Just read this.
There is no one that can replace him.
>lived and programmed in the golden years of artificial intelligence
>wrote a programming environment over an unholy editor/language hybrid (ed is child's play before TECO)
>wrote a real-time extensible editor on Unix when you had only vi (not vim, fucking vi)
>stood up against commercialization of his work
>a company ffs complained that he costed them millions
>started doing what everyone though ridiculous, a free operating system
>he lead the project and succeeded in having everything besides the kernel
>the kernel lagged because they're going for a multiserver microkernel design during the first generation of microkernels
>all that before 90% of Jow Forums was even born

Yeah and by making good software code public, you're letting some of those guys make easy cash.

That's great and all, maybe he should've stayed in the office and continued his heritage. Should've left marketing and publicising to someone who's as good as him at that.

once again i'm not responsible for what soulless insects ruin

Faggot, the last think I want is for him to be more politically engaged. Let me guess- you want him to have a Twitter full of tweets about Trump like all the other Californians?

You do if you support open source in this day and age.

Well celebrity through controversy is an okayish model. He could definitely gather tens of thousands of followers that way.
>Does Trump's korean Samsung phone have proprietary back doors? Click to find out

Working as intended. There isn't anything to do about that.

>muh red scare tactics
There is no embargo on China, those are only used as a last resort anyway. The point of sanctions isn't to stop them from making money, it's to get them to follow the law.

You know what, I agree. The FSF should fire him and get someone who really cares about free software, such as Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos.

>Working as intended.
>I hate financial and moral compensation!

Bill Gates would unironically boost the shit out of the FSF.

>I hate financial and moral compensation
Strawman
>Bill Gates would unironically boost the shit out of the FSF.
Okay, go and convince him to go work for the FSF. This means Stallman would be his boss.

>Strawman
Those are literally my words, I'm never contributing to open source without guaranteed compensation.
>Stallman would be his boss
The old man can just resign. Greater people have resigned for lesser circumstances.

You don't have to, it's free as in freedom, not free as in price
>The old man can just resign
If you talk to him recently he actually wants to, but there is no one who has offered to take his place.

>If you talk to him recently he actually wants to, but there is no one who has offered to take his place.
That's the price to pay for being a legend. He is a war hero, he has to live with it. Someone don't chose his past, someone just need to take on his role.

no one has balls big enough to replace stallman