Does anyone actually follow this 100%?

Does anyone actually follow this 100%?

Attached: Touch-Typing.gif (800x482, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pYEtgofMJoA?t=1030
typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no because my fingers dont bend like the lizard overlords think they do

I went from typing at 110wpm only using index fingers to typing like in pic, took maybe a few days to get back up to 80wpm and a few weeks for 110wpm again but I've struggled to get faster
some observations: my peak burst wpm is way, waaaay higher, I can type passwords significantly faster and if I make a mistake while typing a password now I can usually correct it, I make significantly less typing errors overall
110wpm before was mostly when I was typing with 100% accuracy but most days I'd be low 90% accuracy maybe down to maybe 85% which reduced overall wpm significantly (down to maybe 85wpm or lower) but that's on typing speed sites with full grammar, since learning to type like in pic I can do around 95-97% on those same sites and still get around 110wpm which is arguably a huge improvement

despite all that I still don't type near 110wpm unless I'm raging at idiots in IRC or I know exactly what I want to type

>typing at 110wpm only using index fingers
how the fuck
I type 120wpm with ten fingers and my fingers already feel like they're moving as fast as they can

>rainbow nail polish
no, nobody follows this

years of selling shit on runescape and muscle memory go a long way, I'd end up moving my wrists a lot also whereas now my wrists are basically still

it matches my rainbow programming socks so well though

my hands are too small to use the right shift without causing pain

Attached: 1535808617598.jpg (1000x1430, 104K)

I do 100wpm using 4 fingers, with ring fingers for capslock and tab and my pinky for shift and ctrl, then for alt and other keys it's more dynamic based on what other keys I'm pressing

My hands are too big and not nimble enough for this shit. I have to use index+the odd other finger. Thumb for spacebar, of course.

I've switched to this typing method about a year ago.
The switch is quite tiresome and I feel like my typing speed didn't improve at all.
The only benefit is that since you place your hands on the right place (index fingers on F and J) you immediately know the placement of all the keys so you can type complete blind without any mistakes.

I never learned how to type properly, just learned from talking to people on msn back in the day. But apparently I come close to this schema It's just that sometimes my right hand shifts a row to the right to get to the [ I, K, < ] row more easily.

Six9ine does typing?

I follow it 0-15% of the time, but I still type pretty fast.

lol fuck no

Attached: 1536694263475 (1).gif (800x482, 80K)

Number row, no. But most other keys, yes.

I tend to use my ring fingers for the hard-to-reach keys on the side and top rather than my pinkies, but that's the only real difference.

>it matches my rainbow programming socks so well though
...fair enough

To give a serious response to the OP though, I mostly follow it, but there are some exceptions such as hitting 'C' with my index finger.

UK keyboards are fucking retarded

I still haven't found someone typing like this that wasn't a 60 year old boomer

If you work with a PC and you dont own an ortholinear keyboard you're doing it wrong.
Asthe other user said our lizard overlord have been pushing this layout for more than 100 years now, and is still as shitty as the first day.

This.
Long enter key is the only way to live

Attached: cds_blu_enter_TOP_th0x0.jpg (1000x625, 228K)

yes, I paint my nails like that too

I can top out at 100wpm, and I don't know what method I follow. I just know what keys to press inately, and i've just unconciously refined more and more on mytyping. I notice that my right hand has my index finger do much of the work, though, which is probably very, very bad - whereas my left hand is far more balanced.

Vertical enter keys are fine. What I can't stand is the tiny left shift key.

continuing this thought - perhaps there should be keyboards with dividers between each area so that you train your fingers better

also noticed that my left hand is responable for more of the keyboard, being used for "y", and for some letters like "h" and "n" it varies.

I do, but my keyboard is ortholinear

be my gf

Attached: n0btys3a3lez.jpg (540x309, 12K)

Yes, when I learned to type again when switching layouts (I use BÉPO).
It's very comfy, especially now that I'm older and everything bad ergonomically hurts more.

Attached: 1536664948352.jpg (640x427, 75K)

SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMM
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNGGG

You mean the right way?
Yes, the good typists all do that.

>Does anyone actually follow this 100%?
No. It's useless for coding.

>continuing this thought - perhaps there should be keyboards with dividers between each area so that you train your fingers better
fast typists don't follow OP 100% and will use whatever finger is closer, you can notice this when typing "br" that your right index finger should be closer to b than your left, or you might instinctively type r with your left middle finger instead

I'm at almost the same position as you were; I'm typing 90wm using only my index fingers but everytime I try to use all my fingers I end up giving up. Any tips?

No I only use my pinkies for modifiers so it's completely off.

just spend a few hours with a program like tipp10 or some other typing tutor going through the motions to get the muscle memory down - skip the beginner lessons or lessons that only deal with the home row as they're for people that have never used a keyboard before and don't have the layout memorised, it shouldn't take too long to get back to a usable typing speed and within a week or two you should be so close to your original speed that you'll regret not doing it sooner

Work in an office with women who have their nails done.

I don't know, I positioned hands like in OP picture and it feels like my fingers will clash. It's not like I have problems with blind typing so why bother? Following some dumb rules that decrease your productivity is retarded, especially with querty layout which was originally made to decrease lever collisions in typewriters and has nothing to do with typing speed.

thanks user

record a vid of you typing 110wpm with (((index fingers only)))) and post

>record a vid of you typing 110wpm with (((index fingers only)))) and post

SCUUUUUUMMMMMMMM GGGAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNGGG

Attached: tekashi69.jpg (1050x500, 87K)

I do. Though not with QWERTY.

Attached: cropped.png (2206x994, 1.6M)

my right ring hits ")".
both of my indexes hit "y" based on which hand typed the last character.
my left index hits "6".

otherwise, yeah

here's a streamer doing it, youtu.be/pYEtgofMJoA?t=1030
it should go without saying but 2 fingers usually means 2 fingers with thumb for space and maybe pinky for shifts
it's all 100% muscle memory, I couldn't type that fast using 2 fingers again because I stopped doing it years ago and have lost all my muscle memory for it

I've just come to the realization that I never use the right shift key. Maybe I'll try to incorporate that more and see if it feels smoother.

I never use the right shift, and only my left thumb hits the space bar. Now that I think about it, my right thumb is just kind of useless.

My fingers don't bend to the left so I don't.

no my fingers are too long

I have never done it like that. I still type bretty fast, though.

try to but kinda suck at it considering how much time i'm at my desk.
sometimes end up pressing buttons twice. can do it if i try, but not like i'm transcribing something of worth that i need 100+ wpm typing speed and perfect form.

125 on this arrangement. I find it convenient because it causes the least discomfort and I've adapted it myself.

Attached: AccurateFingerMap.jpg (800x482, 237K)

yes
?
i seen a girl one time try to use the numbpad at a job interview tryout. i beat the fuck out of her. she was below the low wpm score to get in, while i was almost double it at least. i used the numbers on the top of the keys knowing its slower to move my hands off and back on again for some memorizable cause you used tyour phone so much thing. idiots and their comfy shit.

BASED

Attached: image.png (800x482, 109K)

I couldn't be fucked typing mine up too but my pinkies are useless so they're mainly used for shift and other modifiers. Aside from being a meme, one of the reasons I never wanted to use dvorak because it put good keys where my right pinky is.

I follow it about 70%. My fingers just don't really go in the directions the homerow system needs, especially my pinkies. Really what I do is visualize the layout in my head and just use whatever finger happens to be either closest, or most comfortable to strike whatever key I need.

why, yes, I do paint my nail :3

nigger

i've got a bad habit of hitting the "Y" key with my left index.

why are you so rude uwu

Fuck no, I type at around 100 wpm with three fingers on each hand. No pinky or thumb.

I peck at the space bar with my index

Who are these autistic fucks that go above 80 wom? I've never met someone who types faster than that

I hit triple digits in typing tests

normal speed is like 90ish

When would long-distance typing speed ever be a bottleneck? When outside of short bursts of a few words apiece in a video game would speed matter? Maybe when you're writing a word salad philosophy paper at the last minute. Can't think of any truly practical applications.

HA! The worst things I do are hit the spacebar with exclusively my right pointer finger, and my left hand defaults to a Frankenstein shitshoe between ASDF and LshiftAWD

60 year old boomers type by finger pecking

I only type using my middle fingers

Attached: 1525693078470.jpg (599x563, 155K)

you should get that check out user

This is now a typing speed thread. Post your scores: typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/

Attached: file.png (551x146, 23K)

Attached: 85687ffda45c37f582fb070d470495f5.png (833x356, 63K)

Bastard.

But alas, what can I say?

Attached: mlady.jpg (306x306, 15K)

Get a tiny keyboard then

Do you have autism or adhd?

Go to bed soon, Son.

It only takes having played MMOs before voice chat was a thing

I chat in IRC all day for the last 15 years haha

Attached: 1527814968826.png (640x589, 287K)

Finger gun typing based race.

Attached: photos.medleyphoto.4702987.jpg (620x465, 42K)

Fellow Canadian? I hate it when I see normies with the laptops from Best Buy or Futureshop (RIP) that have the French Canadian keyboard.

I kinda follow this, except is mainly use my index, middle, and ring finger to type with my pinkie to press the buttons that aren't letters or numbers. I also use my left thumb or right index finger for the space bar. I don't think I use my right thumb for anything when typing.

split spacebar where one of them is shift or use a qmk tap modifier

I notice i type way faster if im typing what i am thinking. If i have to type something else like copying something or something someone else is saying, im like 40% slower

yes, it's the patrician way to type, learn it for yourself at keybr.com

I barely cover it 50%

>t. wrists have never hurted

how so, it's fucking perfect, you even have semicolon on the home row

Abso-fucking-lutely not. I pretty much only use my index, middle, and ring fingers to do anything on the alphanumeric block, and the modifiers are the only thing my pinky finger does, and I only use my left thumb for the space bar while my right thumb just kinda goes fucking wherever. Oh, and I hit keys with my left hand that I'm supposed to be hitting with my right too, so yeah, far from the "ideal" touch typing form but honestly I type faster than about 50% of my coworkers so that's something I guess.

no, i use colemak like a sane person

nothing personnel, kid

Attached: Capture.png (585x90, 9K)

>wpm requirement
do you work as a fucking librarian? wtf

they just want to weed out the absolute brainlets, grandmas and shaquisha's with long fake nails

>realized that the main culprit was the letter ‘H’ placed to the right of the letters ‘N’ and ‘E’

Attached: 1517034890445s.jpg (125x102, 2K)

>hitting H with right middle finger
Really? Or did you actually mean left index?
>not using thumb for space
weird

I'm really good at typing key words, like "print, main, class, int, using namespace std;" the normal stuff.

No, I hit C with my index finder, x with my middle, index, or ring, Z with my ring

WPM is useless, it's a metric for transcribers and people who have to write documents for a living.

As long as you are within the healthy average of 60, you should be fine for writing software, especially if utilizing the boilerplate and autocomplete features of an IDE.

My WPM is a stable 90, I don't try and write fast, I try and write accurately.

it's not all about speed, ergonomics and accuracy matters too, with proper touch typing you move your wrists much less and your fingers have a more even workload and there is less movement per finger

What about white keys?
Does this picture implies that white keys are not used?
FUCK OFF YOU RACIST CUNT

nah, I started hunting and pecking and now I write at a decent speed with my own system (mostly index fingers and middle fingers with a ring finger thrown in and thumbs for space bar)
It would just be a waste of time learning the OP method

it takes like a few hours to get into it and then you'll pick up speed and confidence naturally as you use it

I really don't need to type any faster than 70 wpm. At my job I'm given ample time to prepare text just right. If I'm frantically typing it means I or someone else fucked up royally

Nobody does. It's a meme.