What do you put your computer on Jow Forums? I'm looking at desks and the only options are minimalist and fuck you

What do you put your computer on Jow Forums? I'm looking at desks and the only options are minimalist and fuck you.

Attached: downloadfile-1.jpg (320x320, 12K)

>get a huge piece of wood
>get a steel frame
>get 4 legs

Woah minimal.

>doesn't rackmount his computers

Unironically this. If you want something made to your tastes, do it yourself.

Attached: 1533455704711.jpg (953x1200, 272K)

Mines on my carpet.

I got a vertdesk v3. It's pretty nice. The guy who makes it is kind of a sweettalker. It could probably lift most normal ATX PCs but I just keep the computer on the floor

>get giant-ass CNC router
>get solid hardwood slabs
>get good

There you go, you've just made your own high quality desk in whatever design suits your fancy. You're welcome.

My computer is my desk

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.98M)

my slave, of course

Attached: slave-tableII.jpg (1000x721, 306K)

was gonna get a gerton top but it wasn't buyable for some reason, so instead I have two of pic related

Attached: ikea hilver.jpg (640x640, 15K)

on my 24 year old desk

what is this and where can i get one?

This from IKEA I got back in like 2010.

Although I have it mounted hanging to the side of the desk so the hot air doesn't build up under the desk.

Attached: $_86.jpg (1024x768, 119K)

I got my desk from Goodwill. It was a studio desk. Pretty great aside from the fact that my monitor is higher than my head so I have to look up alot. $35 well spent.

Attached: 20180418_202721.jpg (5312x2988, 3.84M)

A table I found on the side of the road.

Built mine outta MDF. Desktop sits on a 24" drawer so it slides out. Shelf on the left is for my old ass Amp.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (905x716, 118K)

Mdf?

this, why the fuck would I put it anywhere else?
cold air is heavier than warm air

medium-density fiberboard

pretty much wood dust and glue, in a solid brick. shits legit.

Aren't you concerned about the fact that MDF is quite fragile?

Enjoy your table swelling due to moisture.

It's about 5 years old now, coated it in layers upon layers of primer and outdoor weather resistant paint.

not at three quarter thickness it's not.

Just get a top in the size you need and 4 legs from ikea. It's cheap and it does the job. You will be staring into the monitor the entire time so the desk is not really something you should overpay for. Just get the cheapest that can do the job and an ssd or something with the rest of the money

On my wooden floor next to my desk
3 years strong and dust hasn't done shit

I would recommend an electric standing desk. It's good for your back to be able to stand and sit whenever you like. Only problem might be the size and the weight of your equipment. Usually it shouldn't be a problem, but if you have a huge and heavy tower you might need to change that first.

Picked up this glorious thing for free the law school was throwing all their stuff away due to some construction.

Attached: IMG_20180911_130304.jpg (3264x2448, 1M)

I have a minimal desk and just put two books under my pc, why would you spend money on this? Who cares as long as it's not directly on the carpet

I'm planning on doing this with a cheapish hand crank up-desk knockoff frame

any clever ideas? traps to avoid? It's gonna be either 3/4 or 1 inch thick, probably plywood with a laminate sheet and trim on top. I have desk-mount monitor arms for 3 ~24 inch monitors, and I'd like to mount my tiny pc case beneath it to hide cabling.

Should I bother with a slide out keyboard tray? Slots on the corners for running cables? anything?

I had mine on the desk but it was a bit too loud at load and ASSCOCK motherboard spins them at full speed once CPU hits 65C. Have tried undervolting etc. but I want maximum performance. Anyways, just have it sitting next to my desk on a couple of books to keep it off carpet.

Find a used dining room table.

I wish I had a gf like that

Unironically my dad made my desk

>get 1.5” solid walnut worktop
>cut to size
>heavy load hairpin legs
>join together with screws
>won’t bow easily

fin

Sex slave pc desk.
You're a man of culture as well user, we have much in common. :- )

Attached: giphy (5).gif (500x281, 608K)

>Should I bother with a slide out keyboard tray?
No. Wobbly keyboard trays are the worst thing ever.

>Slots on the corners for running cables?
If you must, but it's not necessary.

All you need is a steel frame that matches the size of your table. Without it the wood will bend and you will have a bad time.

>traps to avoid? It's gonna be either 3/4 or 1 inch thick, probably plywood with a laminate sheet and trim on top.
Avoid the plywood to begin with. No need to cash out on oak, but some fir should still be in range.
>Should I bother with a slide out keyboard tray? Slots on the corners for running cables? anything?
Sure, if you're into that. We're talking about two rails and some cut outs here, so everything's still feasible. Just look out when screwing from beneath that take the right size and pre drill, else you get ugly bumps.

Good luck

Attached: _takagi_san_karakai_jouzu_no_takagi_san_drawn_by_yamamoto_souichirou_sample5ad1b8b859c6a4f73eeea37ae (850x1200, 103K)