What's the most environmentally friendly to do computing nowadays, Jow Forums?

What's the most environmentally friendly to do computing nowadays, Jow Forums?

Attached: 71433-1680x1050.jpg (1680x1050, 943K)

Other urls found in this thread:

crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
greenlab.di.uminho.pt/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/paperSLE.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: way.png (494x491, 42K)

A small ARM CPU.

RISC dev board + usual peripherals powered by solar panels. Connects to internet via HDSPA/3g/4g, only when you really need internet.

keep using your current computer
minimize search engine use

battery charger that is powered by exercise bike.

Attached: pen-and-paper.jpg (600x428, 98K)

>China pumping billions of tons of shit into the environment every year
>how can I lower my 0.0000000000001% carbon footprint?

I wish the ice caps melt so that all kinds of island niggers drown. And Australians if we are lucky.

Using a dumb terminal and do all computing inside The Cloud; server hardware tends to have the highest power efficiency and thus the lowest CO2 output per FLOP

I can't believe this. Computing at home heats the home, which is a benefit. Computing in data centers produces tons of heat which has to be actively removed, so that the cooling is a big cost factor.
When investors whine because of too high costs it can't be environmentally friendly?

crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

Japan would too

solar panel connected to battery charged laptop, tablet, or phone.
alternatively, connected to a bicycle to recharge.

Samefag

Attached: 6e8.png (500x538, 354K)

Do it off Earth. Do it in order to move off Earth yourself.

Do you not see how your comparison is completely flawed?

stop thinking you're a special snowflake and your carbon footprint matters when China add more CO2 in a minute than you will in your entire lifetime.

You're comparing someone's individual choice and environmental impact against an entire fucking country. Also, I'm not OP. Why shouldn't OP pursue lowering his carbon footprint? Before you think it doesn't matter? Why the fuck should any individual do anything? Clearly the collective offsets their efforts enough as to make them meaningless. Fucking moron

anything 2nd hand>anything bought new

Energy Efficiency across Programming Languages
greenlab.di.uminho.pt/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/paperSLE.pdf

Taking the Chuck Moore pill

>paper
try again

>[cicadas intensifies]

No, most simulations show Japan and Taiwan being mostly unaffected due to them being mountainous islands.