Ah fuck, I just spent 175$ sourcing parts for a fucking split keyboard with open source firmware

Ah fuck, I just spent 175$ sourcing parts for a fucking split keyboard with open source firmware.

My life is a meme.

Attached: WW0X1eU[1].jpg (4032x1960, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/esXhd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

building keyboards is one thing but that cap set on the top one is why you're life is a meme, fren.

imgur.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/esXhd

I just ordered the parts, I don't actually have them yet. That's just off a distributors site.

This is the color scheme, the PCB is actually a nice blue and went with Gateron Clears for the
switches

Attached: 41yWLNBJTtL[1].jpg (500x197, 22K)

whatever user, i'm not commenting on your split keyboard, i'm commenting on that retarded meme keycap set on the top board.

I mean at least it's not nasty fucking RGB though.

no it's equally as bad. they're more shitty than each other, in an impossibly recursively shitty way.

good keyboard choice user, your hands will thank you. on the other hand, those keycaps are fucking gay

Attached: P_20180912_155045.jpg (3328x1872, 1002K)

That looks really cool but how do you know what's what when you can't see the keys nor the letters on the key caps

getting an ergodox is literally the best thing that ever happened in my life. multi-layer dual modifier keys are godsend. good luck senpai

Learn the fucking keyboard

>Steam controller
Ah, I see you too are a man of refined taste.

The rainbow colored keyboard looks tacky as fuck.

this You should already be able to type with your normal keyboard without having to look at it.
Also, as it's open source you can completely personalize the layout. I personally use programmer dvorak with a keypad and symbols, a layer for media and a togglable layer for gaming (standard qwerty).

> image related

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (680x383, 28K)

>reddit

That’s pretty slick, I skipped on a case to try and lower the profile and avoid mats if I can. Just going to jam some furniture bumpers on there and give that a go. How bad is it without tenting?

You learn to type. Seriously, go sand off some keycaps and you’ll never look at a board again. Pics the closest thing to a photo of my current board, they’re my first blanks :)

Never stretching for modifiers is giving me a i3 boner atm. Shits going to be fucking dank.

Attached: FA4D6EC2-0D22-4410-985A-966F7C1DD31B.jpg (2576x1932, 1.23M)

>consumerist faggot
>keyboard "enthusiast"
>vape
>Posted from my iPhone(TM)
Why aren't you at the keyboard general?

iPhone and keyboard were hand me downs, modded the keyboard because fuck Razer aesthetics. You ever tried quitting smoking user?

Oh hey keyboard threads are a thing

>You ever tried quitting smoking user?
doesn't really matter when you continue using the very substance that is the root of the addiction

Well yeah, but I can rollerblade 10+km and not die now and it saves me 300$ a month. It’s a bit better although looks fucking retarded.

Attached: 86A63996-5570-4756-B784-C30E2572CB15.jpg (1932x2576, 868K)

Post feet

$175 ain't bad desu. My thick boi DZ60 build ended up costing me a little over $300 in total

I can beat that.
I spent about 250$+ on parts for my Planck.

What do you think the cheapest you can build an ergodox for is?

Damn son, what did you put in her?

If you go with an ergodone off aliexpress, a cheap set of caps, skip on the case and chink switches around 150. Only reason I went with what I did is that I like assembling shit and didn’t want to wait months for shit to get here. Being in Canada is ass.

Attached: 3DF782A1-A025-4EA9-B355-0CEA02F58A4D.jpg (1536x2048, 581K)

>Want something like this to help with my carpal tunnel
>All the prebuilt ones cost money
>All the DIY ones also cost money but I'm also garbage at soldering
I just want a mechanical Microsoft Ergonomic memeboard.

Attached: 1518063995951.png (640x545, 311K)

Just get some random kits off sparkfun and learn that way. My first project was a LED shield a few years back with over 400 solder points :D

Welcome to the motherfucking club, bucko. Hope you can solder

Attached: IMG_20180509_100317.jpg (5312x2988, 2.6M)

It's in an aluminum case that's got a big ass steel weight bolted onto the bottom, and that I had Cerakoted by a buddy of mine in Nebraska. Thing weighs in at about 2.5lbs (1.13kg) fully assembled.

Attached: Fuck these gay ass filesize limits.jpg (1440x1440, 2.94M)

Why do I want to spray it camo?

Because it's operator as fuck, that's why.

I forget why I left most of nerd culture until I see shit like this that reminds me that it's still hugely anti-color and anti-art. Spacey colors on the keyboard is too much. A lot of you guys tend to be very sober too. Now keyboard building is a thing and I just wanna crack up and say when are you guys just going to accept you wanna build everything? One at a time I guess, and you gotta wait for a kit. I bet this is the only real contender of DIY keyboard assembly kits too, right? And I'm sure nobody thought of doing this before this company somehow gained popularity? That's why I wonder what happened to hobbyists in my time .. just saying don't stop at keyboards go fuck around with other periphery as well. Don't limit yourself to keyboards.

I disagree with this user, I think it looks magical

vapes are for fags, smoke real cigs like a man or don't smoke at all

> over 400 solder points

>wants ergo keyboard to prevent repetitive stress injury
>develops repetitive stress injury in the process of constructing keyboard