Question about TD and his place in computing history

Can anyone else claim to have built a non-trivial operating system 100% by themselves? I mean, shit, Thompson and Ritchie had help. Andrew Tannenbaum, maybe? Thoughts?

>in b4 a brainlet says Linus

Attached: terry.png (973x775, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

godword.faith/
codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/
atheos.pyro-os.org/gui.html
menuetos.net/docs.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> no sound support
> no network stack
> 640x480

>non-trivial
1/10, see me after class

Linus from Linus tech tips

Some nigger woman does hello world and it's international headlines.

One of the best programming geniuses in the world dies homeless, no one cares.

You webdevs need your own fucking board

Fuck. That hit home hard Satan.

Anyone here want a Linus Tech Quickie ;)

why does linus make shitty youtube videos instead of improving the linux kernel?

because hes a nigger

I want a quickie, Linus!

> 640x480
>problem

I don't think you understand.

Attached: Dl-NGUqU8AAgMCH.jpg (640x480, 53K)

>Just like you asked.
But why would god specifically ask for such a shit resolution?

because KEEP IS SIMPLE you fucking Catholic dumb fuck.

chill out prot cuck

godword.faith/

>That music
Is that being generated randomly?

Get on your knees slut
>No seriously get on your knees please, I'm 5ft nothing and can barely see your head from here.

He is irrelevant.

You're irrelevant.

He has a place in mental health history for being capable of using his mental illness for productivity.
Not very useful productivity, but still. He was mental after all...

Terry was a catholic, retard.

The niggress is a Victoria's secret model while Terry was a homeless schizo. Neither of them did anything useful with their programming skills but at least the girl isn't on welfare.

Btw I have to say this publicly before it fades into obscurity, that image is cute. Whoever made it good job.

wow so bigger is better then, eh? hopefully that view isn't shared by your wife

No he wasn't you dumb fuck. He hated catholics. Instead he created his own religion where you could be in direct communion with God trhu TempleOS. God how new ARE you? Fucking cia monkey nigger.

Stop embarrassing yourself

Attached: screen.jpg (640x480, 173K)

Terry legitimately made some rather impressive contributions to the world of UI/UX in operating systems, yet almost no one knows about them. Seriously, check this page out. I was surprised how awesome some of these features are. I wish *nix shells had this stuff!

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/

Attached: flowchart.png (640x480, 15K)

Did you actually READ it you fucking mong? He asys he's the "Hight priest of God's official Temple". Yes he was a pious christian who knew the bible very well. But he HATED catholics. The meaning of life is to Know God and Obey God and to be with God in the afterlife. Pope Francis got an F in catechism. That's what's Terry is saying in this picture. Pope Francis said the meaning of life is to serve the other. Just like he said he loves niggers.

Terry's meaning of Life is to do continual offerings. The catholic's meaning of life is written here.
Terry wasn't a catholic.

Fucken retard.

Why would computing history care about a good-for-nothing, bugged, crashing OS? And all that written by some racist, alcoholic retard.

And I'm not talking about Bill Gates here, folks.

Do you understand this?

Attached: 1535000860110.gif (612x603, 10K)

>The meaning of life is to Know God and Obey God and to be with God in the afterlife.
First line;
>The Catholic purpose of life is to know God, love God and obey God
>Catholic purpose
>Catholic
He may disagree with Pope Francis, but his statements conform to the beliefs of Catholicism.

>non-trivial operating system
Temple OS is a trivial OS.

rip steve jobs

In Christianity, the word "Catholic" doesn't necessarily mean the Catholic Church. It's sometimes used as a synonym for "universal."

Francis is a heretic

If Linux isn't the MINIX isn't an OS either.
On what you asked
>Skauen => AtheOS
>Turjanmaa => MenuetOS
>Lange => ToaruOS
>Schlüssel => Ghost
and last
>Bell and Dodge => QNX
yes not one person, but then again it has been successfully commercialized for more than 30 years

Everyone is irrelevant.

What's with all these operating systems running at crazy high resolutions? Are they just Unix clones running Linux drivers? If so they're not very impressive.

They're impressive but Stallman did them decades ago. Just do
chsh -s /usr/bin/emacs
but you will have Lisp instead of HolyC
and of course you cannot touch any memory space

The cold truth about Terry fans is that they are mostly non-developers. I'll bet that 95% of them hasn't written anything non-trivial or haven even taken any CS course.

Sorry to disappoint you but no, well at least Athe and Menuet. (QNX obviously predates Linux.) Moreover, Athe has a server/client display server but without bloat and fast.
Check here, good stuff.
atheos.pyro-os.org/gui.html
And Menuet is written entirely in assembly. Yeap, also good stuff.
menuetos.net/docs.htm
Of course all them have network and audio.

but he could have added those things relatively easily in comparison to what he'd already built up. same with better hardware compatibility; it only runs bare metal with no outside-bootloader assistance on a small number of machines but his minimalist philosophy made it so he didn't care about getting it to run on more diverse hardware. he wanted intel to succumb and make hardware for temple.
most all of temple's shortcomings are by choice.

Top kek

you're right. I don't think there's a way around that. but I don't see why it's necessarily a "cold" truth. terry always said his target audience was teenagers learning about computers, he said the nerd white kid archetype. he built the machine that he had always wanted as a kid; a C64 with fucktons more processing power and ram.

Attached: 1525706564088.jpg (900x600, 252K)

His videos definitely weren't for people who do not care about programming, they were for the "advanced beginner"
Even someone with basic low-level programming and operating systems knowledge wouldn't understand 100% of what Terry talked about, even if he tried keeping it simple
I can't fathom how someone without some knowledge and interest on these matters could sit watching his streams, but clearly it happened and they ruined them by making it more about his schizophrenia than about programming. Stupid internet kids with too much time ruin many things

rebbitfags kill yourself

it's being made by god

Gary Kildall- CP/M. He wrote his own compiler and well as an entire operating system - the first operating system for microprocessors, in fact. The concept of a BIOS also came from him. Sure it was 8 bit (initially) but still a fantastic achievement for the time. He pretty much got screwed by IBM and Bill Gates when the PC was being developed, though.

Attached: E80E93F6-C84E-4EEE-8AA7-1354D125341C.jpg (1469x2064, 496K)

>but clearly it happened and they ruined them by making it more about his schizophrenia than about programming.
This is correct.
>join irc to talk about templeos programming
>fuck off, nobody uses templeos

What about Steve Jobs? He made Apple computers AND MacOS and iOS

Get gassed, reddit fag