Just bought a Samsung evo 970 NVMe and the bastard won't let me use it as a bootable drive

Just bought a Samsung evo 970 NVMe and the bastard won't let me use it as a bootable drive.

Do I have to buy a whole new motherboard? What an incredible fuck up.

Attached: Windows_95_Desktop_screenshot.png (640x480, 4K)

>Falling for the NVMe meme
Also what motherboard?

why would this be a flaw with the drive?
you're just retarded

I bet you put it on some old ass motherboard.

My X399 Taichi board lets me boot from my Samsung 970 Pro just fine. Then again, #ThreadripperMasterRace

Attached: smirking_penn.jpg (948x711, 31K)

Install a minimal linux distro with GRUB on an usb stick or cheap 128gb ssd and boot from there.

Might want to check your motherboard for BIOS updates. Some boards don't support booting from M.2 slotted drives without an update.

>Install Linux
Might as well throw the drive the away if you're gonna make it useless

hmm so it's pci express that's your issue.

I assume you already have checked in your bios, do you even have any options there? does your hard drive even show when it's pci express?

anyways go check your mother boards support site and see if there is a bios update there.

The OP's decimal digit IQ would likely cause him to brick the board during a BIOS update. It's like you hate him or something.

some mobos don't support booting from m.2 at all

you can always mod your bios to support NVMe boot if your MB is too old

95 doesn't support NVMe or PCIe. Windows 10 should with a motherboard that supports booting from NVMe/PCIe. Not sure if you must boot in UEFI mode, or if you can also boot from NVMe with the BIOS compatibility mode.

Yes, I didn't state this because it should be obvious.

Attached: u.jpg (645x729, 41K)

you need to install the drivers

OP here. It's a an ASrock b250 pro4 lga 1151. should work fine.

No, retard. I'm telling him to install Linux so that GRUB detects the Windows partition and let's him boot it without motherboard support. Learn how to use computers before opening that big mouth of yours.

Learn to read fag

>Install Linux to fix your problem
Yikes, I hope you don't have any certifications in computer science.

>He literally posts install LInux
>Tells me to "learn how to read"

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 38K)

just load the right kernel modules

Had this same problem setting up the same drive at work. Can't remember how we fixed it though, we basically just started clicking on shit. I do remember I had to disable something though.

He's talking about a bootloader brainlet

>You need to install Linux to get grub

Attached: 1507459561223.png (645x729, 65K)

You don't need to install Linux, it's a bootloader.
That's my point.

>I was just pretending to be retarded
>Running grub-mkconfig and grub-install on Windows
Ultra Kek
Show me how you install fucking GRUB without involving Linux in any step of the process then. I'll wait.

>Grub doesn't run on Windows
Holy shit, does the hole in your brain go any deeper? Is it really this fucking hollow in your cranium? I'm going to run out of wojaks if you keep going.

Attached: images.png (211x239, 4K)

Not a nice way of talking about yourself. You too can be a decent human being if you simply learned to read.

its like there's nothing there at all

Attached: images (1).png (236x213, 1K)

>He doesn't know Windows blocks write access to the bootloader sector
>He thinks OP can install GRUB from Windows when he can't boot except from external media
>The current state of Jow Forums