I just got fired for being an incompetent shithead...

i just got fired for being an incompetent shithead. has this ever happened to any of you or am i just not cut for this business?

Attached: eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL21lZGlhLmdpcGh5LmNvbS9tZWRpYS8yNnhCS3JCYWJjcXlGaTR6Uy9zb3VyY2UuZ2lmIn0.cRFs6p7B (585x305, 1.22M)

Shit happens

what did u do?

Dude, how hard is it to pour iced coffee?

OP is so incompetent he can’t even start a decent thread.

Spill the beans OP. Tell us what happened

What did you do

I've never been fired from a job. I've quit on good terms with my previous employers, one of which I consider like a friend.

a few things. resized the wrong partition while head of IT was watching, shared my private key with a colleague (as a hacky way of letting him log in to a server), failed an exam by 3 points. after that my reputation went to shit and they were basically watching me for every fuckup so they can justify firing me. basically my own fault, but i worked there for 3,5 years and it's just a small 20 people company. i spent a year in management, running our help desk department and turning it into first line support, training people, writing dumb procedures and doing boring stuff. I wanted to be a full-time sysadmin but by the time they found a replacement for my position, my tech skills went to shit, because i had no time or use for them. so when i went back to that, i started fucking shit up. i hoped they would cut me some slack and give me some time to get back on track. well, it's a cold world.

Allah akbar them on this holy friday, the corporate shaitans must die

>resized the wrong partition while head of IT was watching
not an issue
>shared my private key with a colleague
for that i'd fire you too, on the spot

Even if he was a colleague, that's a big red flag for a security violation waiting to happen.

Hard agree, if this happened where I work and anyone found out we would risk losing our certifications.

>resized the wrong partition while head of IT was watching.
okay, you are an idiot, but this is not as bad.

this alone grounds for immediate termination, you understand nothing about security.

>I've never been fired from a job. I've quit on good terms with my previous employers, one of which I consider like a friend.

Same here, i have a solid ring of previous employers which works wonders everytime a new employer looks for references.

WEW

i would fire , then rehire u en fire u again :-)

>not working at a massive company and spending most of your day sleeping or shitposting after you get all your work done
>you will never experience this level of comfy corporate bureaucracy
Why even live?

Attached: 1527161698849.png (614x614, 31K)

In the eight years I've been working, I've been fired once. But that was not for incompetence, it was for "insubordination" (ie, refusal to work unpaid overtime in excess of 40 hours per week). I can sympathize with suddenly being found jobless, but not with the reason why you're jobless.

The partition resize is not a huge problem, but I wholeheartedly agree on the private key. This was monstrously stupid and I'm very surprised they didn't fire you on the spot for it. In fact I also wouldn't be surprised if this was the only reason they started watching you like a hawk.

>refusal to work unpaid overtime in excess of 40 hours per week
You see, that's where you say the old, "you can't fire me; I quit!"

I was 'fired' too but as a practitioner from a company.

I deserved, though. Wasn't feeling that good about life, but that doesn't justifies being shit at others people work.

So yeah. Shit happens, maybe you deserved, but we need to keep moving.

It's the job of the company to ensure you can reinsert into your old job with adequate tasks and responsibilities. By the way it sounds, they didn't care enough about retaining you long-term despite you switching to the management job and performing well there, now one of your coworkers, that didn't take that risk, is going to be sysadmin and you'll have to work in a wagecage at amazon

I let them fire me so I could claim unemployment insurance.

that thing with private key wasn't due to me not knowing better. it just happened to be the quickest way to fix a customer's service and i trust the guy i provided it to. i mostly regret not keeping hush about it.

smart man

Your job supercedes personal convenience dipshit.

I have been fired for drinking hard liquor and smoking pot in work at 5am (management position), stealing or massively reducing the price of large amounts of expensive items (supermarket), refusing to follow instructions (they were retarded instructions, fabric manufacture), and fucking up an important document because I couldn't be bothered to fill it out correctly and just signed loads of shit without looking at it (laboratory). I'm now working as a mid level manager in another company and I wonder what I'll do in this place.

I don't fucking know why companies keep hiring me... Oh wait it's because I straight up lie if I can get away with it, or minimise my actions if I can't.

Don't worry about it dude just plough on through, they were assholes who didn't appreciate you, fuck them.

>I shared my private key
The absolute state of OP. What the fuck were you thinking?