Is anyone here a CS major or a recent CS grad? I've been wondering...

Is anyone here a CS major or a recent CS grad? I've been wondering, is it a bad sign that I really hate and/or don't care about math and physics? I find both to be incredible boring and I hate the fact that I'm forced to do it. Don't get me wrong, I understand why they're important, but in all honesty I'd much rather just start working in the field and learn on the fly, than be forced to go to school and put myself through this. Is it normal to feel this way? Right now I'm literally thinking of ways to do the absolute bare minimum in math and physics so I can focus as much effort into my CS classes as possible. Anyone here go through this while in school?

Attached: aesthetic-ariana-ariana-grande-cute-Favim.com-3122030.jpg (593x640, 120K)

Just push through all the bullshit and work on actual projects. 90% of science faggots are irrelevant with their muh science bullshit. Work on projects and contribute to shit you care about.

That's pretty much the plan, but it annoys me that I have to put time and effort aside for those classes too. I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has felt this way while they were in school too and how to deal with it.

I didn't give a fuck about my grades but I joined my uni's CTF team and competed in a few competitions. But I also went to a mediocre state school. GPA doesn't matter for 90% of people in America. Over in Europe it matters to their employers because they're all brainlets.

CS degree from Uni-x is only valuable if Uni-x is on the intern recruitment list for places you'd consider working. Or if Uni-x has department advisors that have inside contacts with employers. Otherwise you're on a career path to becoming an underpaid TA or RA that teaches CS-101.

Yeah I'm definitely starting to care less about my grades. At this point I just want my degree, even if I get straight Cs from this point on I really don't give a shit. Which is sad because I should give a shit, but I really just want to get the fuck out of school
How would someone find this out? I'm still in CC but I'll be transferring the spring

I have to use math and physics and shit for my internship as a data scientist, try to visualize things as much as possible
>t. cs major

How much do you make in that internship? I'd probably care more if I felt I had a good shot at internships, but I know it's doubtful. Plus I think I'd rather take classes in the summer anyway

im a cs major and i dont give a fuck about them either. as long as you are competent at DMTH and A&DS it doesnt matter.

What is DMTH?

as someone with 10 years experience in software, I have never seen "DMTH" but it's probably discrete math

Is that important to know in the field itself? I haven't taken that class yet

why does everyone on here say CS is a meme degree full of brainlet spergs.

Then explain to me why it's important since I'm such a "sperg"

Discrete math is important, calculating complexity of algorithms and shit.

Is being a sperg a good way to get laid?

Itt: compensating brainlets too brain dead for a math degree

It's nice knowing I can learn cs on the side (which I do) but you'll never be able to understand the math I can do

Attached: 884D303FF75C443E8BE51240B726581C.jpg (767x754, 56K)

Actually yes it is, believe it or not. Women are turned off by guys that are "too smart" in a nerdy way. They want chads and tyrones when they're young.

OP here, I'm sure I could muster up the effort to do a full math degree if I tried too. I really just find the material mind numbingly boring is all.

It's kinda like a roller coaster for me. Admittedly a lot of classes are just dry building blocks to be able to understand the interesting stuff down the road.

It is rewarding finally being able to pull together into some neat programming and data processing projects

Maybe it's because I'm still in the early stages of math/physics, but for me it feels like pulling teeth. It sucks though because I feel like it COULD be very interesting/rewarding, but because I have to pass the class it becomes more of a means to an end, almost like a checkpoint I want to get through so I can move on. It's to the point where I'm just looking for how to solve the problem in front of me instead of thinking of how it would be beneficial to understand the concepts behind it. It sucks but oh well, at least I don't feel this way about my CS classes. Otherwise I'd be really worried.

unless you want to go into academia or do bleeding edge graphics engine development you won't need much math. and the math you will need is vastly different to the shit you're being taught in school. it's almost fun. (and I hated math)

>math degree
you will be the smartest barista ever

Math is just a glorified meme degree at this point. Once AI replaces those idiots they'll mostly go back to teaching and groping kids in a high school or some shit. I'd rather work with rajesh than some fuck who molests children when they need help with their homework.

Based and redpilled

It isn't about needing it for development. It's the fact that I have to do it for school and it forces me to take time away from doing shit I actually like to do.