Jow Forums approved mac book

What is the best mac book for a woman who is short sighted and mainly uses programs like skype? My mother, who this thread is for, uses an iPhone 6 and mostly face-times with her family overseas.

I know the newest mac books are off the table (since they overheat and have horrible keyboards)

What is Jow Forumss approved mac book?

Attached: zoomer.gif (874x492, 2.71M)

X220

I wouldn't mind buying it, but sadly my mother doesn't have autism...

I wish my mother was a autistic. Sadly, like most women, she doesn't have any passion or hobbies...

Jow Forums doesn't approve Apple products
fuck off

Do you love your mom?
Tell her to buy something else or you wont give her free tech support
Do you not?
Buy her any mac and meet her just on holidays

>family over seas
you have to go back.

I would rather have her bear with GNU/Linux than Windows... But even then, Macs play nice with iPhones. Also, she can facetime on the Mac rather than her phone.

guys what do I do? If it were for my own personal use I would probably just buy a t420 and a new battery... I can't do that to my mother though, can I?! I just need something that lets her watch movies and is smooth. Windows is something I want to avoid for the rest of my life

Also, I can't just install GNU/Linux on a windows machine. My mother would need to call me every time something goes wrong! Macs just work...

your mother sounds like a fucking retard

Lol the most sane MacBook would probably be the MacBook Pro Early 2011. Anything else is pure garbage. Thats the one I had back when i was young. Plus its got all the ports and runs at a moderate speed once you slap in a SSD.

Pretty cheap too now a days on eBay, amazon or wherever

same thing with the iMac, too bad mine died.

yea i agree with you, im on the hunt for a cheap 2011/2012 macbook pro for just fucking off with. OP's mom probably would only need the 2011 but the 2012 has a slightly better gpu if that makes a difference to anyone else looking for something similar. think these are the last two models that are easy to service on your own too.

ipad

Dude macbook air, done

This.
Especially if you can get a good price. It's a comfy shitposting/anime machine.

Get her a Chromebook

Unironically, an Applel product. Probably an iPad would be ideal.

>short sighted
Do you mean this in the metaphorical sense, or the literal eyesight one? If the latter, doesn't she wear her glasses?

At least buy into the best meme aka get a fucking thinkpad you low life faggot.

depends
if you are gonna be there to maintain it and repair it, you'll be best off with the 2011/12 they were the last to be upgradable and easily repairable
but they are not super fast and getting new batteries isnt hard but there isnt an official supply
i have a 2017 13inch (not by choice) and its fucking shite, so id say go for the 2015 at the latest

oh yeah
buy a thinkpad and a dock
then put linux on it, upgrade to 16gb ram, ssd the works

macbook air

This

Mbp 2012 master race, got the gtx650 in mine with a 1tb ssd and it runs circles round stuff even now, its gonna be dropped from support in a few years, probablu going to have to install gentoo

Attached: filename.jpg (640x426, 38K)

>reddit spacing
>family overseas
>iPhone
>Mac book
You have to go back (to both your shithole country and reddit)

>Macs just work
Fucking kek. God, you are dumb.

just get the newest macbook pro

>For a woman who is short sighted

This is redundant.

>*crack* early 2011 macbook pro *sip* now THAT was a laptop!