Is there any benefit of using NoScript over uMatrix anymore? Thinking about switching over

Is there any benefit of using NoScript over uMatrix anymore? Thinking about switching over.

Attached: noscript.png (256x256, 40K)

Since webextensions: No

That simple. webexcrementions does not allow to turn JS off, it can only be blocked. Therefore the browser is not really in the state of having JS turned off with all of its consequences.

Therefore uMatrix can do the same as NoScript at this point. It was totally stupid of its dev to port it to WebShit as he could have just helped with uMatrix at that point.

If anyone disagrees: What does NoScript that uMatrix does not?

that's what i thought, but i wanted a second opinion.

bump

this.

If you just need to enable and disable JavaScript, just use Site Settings in chromium and you can ACTUALLY DISABLE JavaScript for the site.

If you want more control over Script Execution, use uMatrix with your browser's Site Settings

>chromium

Better than Firefox

NoScript blocks cross-site requests and Clickjacking, while uMatrix does not.

NoScript ships by default with Tor Browser, while uMatrix does not. This automatically means a much larger userbase, which also explains why it hasn't been abandoned.

chromium isn't better than firefox, sir.

uMatrix does, are you dense?

umatrix blocks cross-site requests with XHR. i'm not even sure if noscript has ABE anymore in the webextension. someone please correct me.

>it's faster but has 10x less features, worse privacy settings, a worse UI and no cross-platform addon support
>better
No

> no cross-platform addon support
It does though

Oh? Where is it on android?

Ah, you mean os. Though you meant Win/Unix-like etc. Firefox isn't exactly good with that though; lags a lot and generally acts weird, although it at least supports it

I normally just use FOSS Browser, (previously Ninja) on mobile though, it's good enough and allows me to disable JS and Cookies

>It was totally stupid of its dev to port it to WebShit
absolutely correctomundo. giorgio fucked up big time by pandering to mozillas wants & needs, just to end up with a fucked up product even after going back and forth with them for far more than any other addon dev in history (i think it was close to 2 years or something). if you are on webext (eww) use whatever, its just yet another js layer.

the webext model is a shit! it doesnt even meet its primary goal of being cross browser compatible, and never will with google doing whatever the hell they want and mozilla keeping their head stuck on sjw 'dev' dung instead of listening to their user (final and addon dev) base

Is Brave good now?

Funny side note: chrome/ium can ACTUALLY disable JS via webextensions.

actually uMatrix does this

>Tor
>large userbase

> just to end up with a fucked up product even after going back and forth with them for far more than any other addon dev in history
Yeah, I don't get it either. Every arsehole at Mozilla claimed that they worked with him to make it work, yet they totally ignored the single most API for his addon - which was called "NoScript" after all. And he actually fucked it up, agreed.

>the webext model is a shit! it doesnt even meet its primary goal of being cross browser compatible, and never will with google doing whatever the hell they want and mozilla keeping their head stuck on sjw 'dev' dung instead of listening to their user (final and addon dev) base
Also agreed.

No.

NoScript has been fine on webext for the last few months. It's obviously not as good as it used to be, but I'm not seeing where it loses out to competors like uMatrix.

Well, it loses everywhere?
uMatrix was webext before
uMatrix has a better interface
uMatrix actually allows for a more detailed setup

NoScript on the other hand...
...has just started copying uMatrix
...has fewer settings than before
...still does not have the power to turn JS off as it used to (granted, uMatrix does not either)
...has, since being a webext, the worst UI ever

Sorry, but Giorgio only wanted to take another ride on the donation train which he entered, then rightfully, a few years ago.

He should have used his power and should have demanded more APIs. He had the power because his addon was powerful and awesome and it had a big userbase. Today it is just a joke and a bad copy.

I prefer NoScript's UI over uMatrix. It is worse than it used to be in many ways, but uMatrix doesn't offer that much more than NoScript. Certainly not enough to warrant a change. Please convince me otherwise.

>NoScript is worse than it used to
>uMatrix doesn't offer much more
It certainly offer more. You can use it to control the loading of every resource type, not only scripts.

But you can use whatever you want, I am not trying to convince you. I am just making a point. If that is not enough for you and you are happy - just be happy and do what you want.

I ditched NoScript when Giogio failed to make Mozilla implement APIs needed. uMatrix at that point offered the same (or even more) functionality in a better package for me.

You can control the loading of every resource type with NoScript, as far as I know. There's still XSS and HTTPS. I believe the only options that haven't been implemented yet are ABE and ClearClick.

OK, did not know that it was that far, yet. Still, the manpower should have been put in uMatrix which at that point was already working.

Now we have two webshit addons that achieve almost the same with different codebase, yet both lack important features that were possible to implement in the past.

Meh, they're both fine. I'm sure at least one of them will make big improvements in the future, which will likely cause the other to do the same.

Better is subjective