Strong/Rugged phones

Let's take a break from all the IFaggot shit going on everywhere on the board and talk about phones that are made to winstand everything.
Forget about noches, not having bezels adn shit.

Currently I own an Crosscall Trekker X3, planning to get myself a Cat S60 in a year or two, or it's successor.

And why do most people actually look for a thin af phone that bend and break fast? Why are rugged phones so uncommon?

Attached: 92489248924924928942.jpg (810x540, 137K)

I might be getting myself a Unihertz Atom.
It seems to fix most of the issues that the Jelly has.
But then, this will mean that I replace my phone after just one year of owning it. That doesn't sit well with me.

Any suggestions for small (less than 4" if it was bezel-less) smartphones with decent hardware that don't eat ridiculous amounts of energy on weak cell reception?

Attached: unihertz-atom-review_4-720x720[1].jpg (720x480, 70K)

I'd get the atom too if I didn't already have a perfectly functional jelly pro. I use it as a service-only phone since my other one doesn't have service on my carrier

not sure about small phone suggestions tho
>And why do most people actually look for a thin af phone that bend and break fast? Why are rugged phones so uncommon?
because they're not sold in stores like the newest coolest flagships are, or if they do they're either burner phones, or from literal who brands

been considering pic related to replace my k10000 pro since it's the best I can get that meets my specifications

Attached: blackview bv9500.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>I'd get the atom too if I didn't already have a perfectly functional jelly pro. I use it as a service-only phone since my other one doesn't have service on my carrier
I have a Jelly Pro but the battery runtime is abysmal.
At the beginning, it held for around three days while it was on wifi at home.
But using it outside or at work dimishes the battery runtime greatly. In our break room there's really low reception and the phone loses around 40% of battery during 45 minutes of break.
I need to charge it at least twice a day. Sometimes it's out of juice in the morning.

I fucked around a bunch with it but never found a way to fix the issue.

I'm hoping that the Atom's better hardware design (e.g. having a proximity sensor, gorilla glass, assisted GPS, etc.) would also include a less fucked up radio chip, in addition to it having twice the battery capacity.

Phone in pic looks hella cute.
For small smarthones idk, there is the Crosscall Shark but it's an old style phone without a touchscreen (even thought it's still technically a smartphone).

Damn

>For small smarthones idk, there is the Crosscall Shark but it's an old style phone without a touchscreen (even thought it's still technically a smartphone).
What's the OS and GPS application?

just checked it, proprietray OS. But no GPS, well fuck it then, I thought it had one.

doogee > cat

CAT S60 has really low build quality, would no recommend.

It's also severely overpriced because it's marketed by american company which dictates much higher profit margins.

There are at&t branded Samsung S7 active available on ebay for some $115.

How bad is american carrier bloat on those?

I'm from Europe, only imported one phone from us that was not available here (droid pro) and it was raped by carrier customization (Verizon) to the point of being useless.

I bought the CAT B15Q three years ago for my father, an electrician that works outside or in buildings being built all day. It survived a over 4 meters fall and lots of other ~1m falls on concrete/ground.
I found someone to sell it to for 120€ (bought for 350€) and with the difference bought him a CAT S41 (380€). Best phone he ever had. Perfect building materials, decent screen and amazing battery life
Would recommend

I have this one, the AGM a8. Got it as a throwaway phone to use at the gym (I smashed a phone previously at the treadmill) and when I go cycling.

As expected of a rugged phone, the GPS antenna is top notch. It's just a snapdragon 410 so I knew not to expect great performance.

Attached: IMG_20180915_122453.jpg (4000x2250, 3.54M)

Before the discovering stone in the stone age,
people used to build their tools and houses outta these bad bois, too bad the technology was recently lost

Attached: Capture.png (332x506, 259K)

That phones was shit.

Shitty creaky plastic shell over equally shit plastic frame with shitty battery life.

Proper phone of that era was Nokia 6310 but no one here remembers those because those where very expensive and out of reach for most people.

Attached: 682237704_7_644x461_nokia-6310i-original-.jpg (644x361, 36K)

Nah, pic related was absolutely superior. It just felt fucking right in the hand.
Either it or the A50 or A55.

I miss Siemens phones. Nokia was chink tier in comparison.

Attached: SiemensS35isilberLG.jpg (994x1024, 89K)

Nokia also did proper rugged phones like 6250.

3310 was cheap kids phone.

Attached: nokia-6250-1.jpg (1200x900, 373K)

omg you guys are so edgy and contrarian, let me give u my pussy!!!!!!!!

(You)

(You)

(You)

Fuck off pajeet, go to one of the dozens threads you already have for your appleshit

S60 is so-so, headphone jack stopped working after about 3 months of daily use, and the lower front grill fell off a month or two after, also dislike the lack of Android updates

I still have one of those. Used it in my old Merc as it was the only phone compatible with the car handsfree system

It still works fine, I have the slim lithium battery and the fat heavier one