Isn't it cute when Wintendo /v/ toddlers feel superior to users of any other OS? :)

Isn't it cute when Wintendo /v/ toddlers feel superior to users of any other OS? :)

Attached: win 10 slow 7zip.png (710x417, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/arch
polygon.com/2018/3/9/17099920/valve-artifact-new-games-gabe-newell
linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2990wx-linux-windows&num=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Enjoy sitting there benchmarking 7-Zip, you fucking dork.

Attached: Dying Light.png (2560x1440, 203K)

> /v/
>caring about 7zip and not games
ARE FUCKING RETARDE?!

Linux has nothing to do with developers being incompetent in OpenGL development, retard.

>games
Are you 5 year-old?

I understand you can blame "new" games not having used it. But do you just expect people to drop all the games that have been made up to this point?

Linux OpenGL stack is just getting gud in the last few years. Entirely open source for AMD and Intel

Yeah you can pack your spreadsheets slightly faster but real-world performance on linux is trash.

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x1024, 1.16M)

It has, in the sense that linux doesn't support DirectX, the most popular and relevant graphics API. Linuxtards get only shoddy ports by interns. That's what you deserve anyways, your PCs are slow. a

>OPEN gl
>not open source
what did he mean by this

He meant that AMD and Intel have entirely open source drivers.

Have you ever used OpenGL, professionally or at all? When you say incompetent, do you even know what you are talking about? OpenGL state machine is a terrible abstraction over the the real hardware, and hence any high performance rendering requires a lot of magic behind the scenes, i.e. in the driver. Due to this all games are essentially full of heuristics to trigger the collectively known driver heuristics. For an example, check out how buffer orphaning (maybe) works in GL.

If the performance sucks, I blame the platform, not the app devs. Also, fuck you.

Windows has nothing to do with developers being incompetent with 7-zip development, retard.

>Dying Light
piss off. the linux "port" is so bad you are better of playing it through wine

OpenGL is irrelevant, Linux game devs use Vulkan these days.

pic related OpenGL done right.

Attached: Bioshock.png (613x514, 39K)

Wow I'd hate to learn an entirely new, lower-level API just so freetards can stop spamming my forums and email.

>Linux game devs
no such thing since linux is a second class citizen :)

It's an OPEN standard

Dying Light is known for being a bad port made by incompetent devs, most likely like yourself.

>with all things user could pick to prove Linux is an overall better OS than windows, user is using 7 zip benchmarks to feel superior.

I don't have an anime loli smug enough to post

Windows does't have this problem, you click and play.

Not an argument, DX12 is also a new, lower-level API.

>real-world performance on linux is trash
you say those words but I don't think you know what they mean

>what is backwards compatibility
Okay show me an autocad benchmark on linux

they've had them for ever

all i know about ogl is that it's basically just a manual and devs hate it because it's a pita

doesn't playstation use it? even nintendo? i doubt they pay for dx loicense

ahem, actually.. with windows you update and wait for the restart to finish updating and then your computer doesn't werk

ahem, actually... this is a lie.

Oh shit, I'm sorry. If the platform is a bitch to develop for, it is only due to my incompetence and not the platform being shit. But seriously, have you considered the poor ports are just an indicator of the underlying problems? If linux were so great, why would porting games be so hard?

But considering you are not contributing anything new and just repeating that incompetent devs mantra, it would be better if you just went back to /v/.

> 1 company couldn't make a good port means API is shit
I got your logic already, brainlet.

Again, works fine on windows. OpenGL is not directX, therefore it sucks.

OK, I'll keep my games, you can keep your higher z-zip speeds.

>Oh shit, I'm sorry.
Sorry for what?

The sad part for you is that having both on Linux is not mutually exclusive anymore.

Again, there are a lot of games that work fine on Linux, sometimes even better than on windows. Especially with Vulkan. And directX is not Vulkan, therefore it sucks.

>directX is not Vulkan, therefore it sucks.
DX12 and Vulkan is essentially the same design
They should perform similarly

>Vulkan
Yeah those 3 source engine games a multi billion dollar ported. Linux is yet to natively support all DX titles.
>both
Linux has a few indie games and several WIP Proton games but that's about it. You still need a "100% flawless" stamp to put on games.
Call me when linux runs all windows games ever with native or better performance.

It seems that you are smart and have a lot of experience with the API. We should totally continue this fruitful discussion on the Khronos mailing lists to improve it even further. I think, and the ARB agrees, that we would really need your input to the next proposed extension, GL_ARB_go_fuck_yourself.

It's not a lie tho, it has happened to me too. Updates are not only forced aggressively but they can also make hardware to stop working on windows.

Downloading non-OS drivers is a feature disabled by default. That's all it takes.

>real-world performance
kek

>DX12 is also a new, lower-level API
dx12 is amd's mantle.

Good ad hominem

Nobody fucking cares my guy, nobody is going to deal with the issues that Linux carries, when Windows just works 99% of the time. Keep your higher 7-Zip speeds, you're so deseprate to show your choice in OS as better, that you gotta use Z-Zip benchmarks? That's what sad.

Linux doesn't have drivers for my CPU so it''s faster to render 7zip in the window S

Thanks :D And what's that heminem ad thing. Is that french? German? Sounds very smart. Sorry, I don't know what it means because I am not as smart as you. But I bet it must be something smart and witty because you are so smart.

See you in the next conference call~, looking forward to it :)

OpenGL is not a part of Linux, it's a cross-platform API. Does it mean that Windows is shit too?
>inb4 Directx
Linux also has Vulkan.

>Linux doesn't have drivers for my CPU so it''s faster to render 7zip in the window S
doesnt know how computers work
> Windows is more stable, Windows is faster
Said no SRE ever, if you think this go back to

>doesnt know how computers work
Kernels very much need CPU drivers to work around all the bugs and utilize special features.

yayaya windows works better the end

Funny that the first post is from a /v/ toddler babbling about his toys as usual.

"muh stoneage OS sour grapes"

Don't you have some epic RGB killstreaks to get back to, /v/?

microcode is available to all systems you fucking retard. Kernels do not have a "driver" to interface with a system; they have a compiled version. Get the fuck out of here you god damn retard.

Yeah black ops 4 unironically unlocks tonight. Enjoy fixing X.com or whatever it's called

Enjoy your black cocks, /v/.

>muh compression
Havent had a need to compress a file since 2014. Now post gaming benchmarks, the true reason PCs exist.

>t. never read the Linux source code

What CPU do you have?

for starters - Valve, they prefer Linux. An they definitely not alone.

the intel7 series with 8gb ram

> this guy literally thinks that you can turn on a new architecture as a driver
github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/arch go actually read the source you fucking retard

>muh compression
Havent had a need to compress a file since 2014. Now post erotic game benchmarks, the true reason PCs exist.

>Nobody fucking cares my guy, nobody is going to deal with the issues that Linux carries, when Windows just works 99% of the time.
Are you aware that i can just use the same logic and say that no one cares about any problem linux may have and that if we are going to use made up percentages based on our own experience then i can testify linux just works 99% of the time too?

>Keep your higher 7-Zip speeds, you're so deseprate to show your choice in OS as better, that you gotta use Z-Zip benchmarks?
In the first place i'm not OP, i never said a single benchmark was enough to proof what os is better, why do you need to create an strawman like that? that IS actually sad.

valve doesnt make games anymore retard

Windows doesn't do NUMA so well which is the reason you see this poor performancec

Oh, i see, sorry you're right, it was definitely not an ad hominem it was just an Hanlon's razor, my bad :)

>implying nvidia would exist without gaming
>implying intel would improve their CPUs every 2 years without the demand from gaming.
/v/ is literally the reason you codemonkeys are allowed to use good CPUs.

It's making most windows games available on linux ending microsoft's hegemony on the desktop and by having the biggest game store on PC they certainly have a lot of weigh to the point of being able to make hardware companies to modify their drivers to make them work well with their solutions. If that doesn't count more than just having some games published then i don't know what can have more weigh than that.

I disagree. If we apply the concept of Occams Razor, methinks the first explanation was most likely.M'lady.

As far i remember downloading drivers for all the devices is the default and you can only choose between updating all the drivers or disabling all, so if you have a problem with an specific driver you don't have a choice. However you're missing the point: people here keeps parroting that windows "just works" as if it were flawless but it's clear it's not the case, and when someone mentions that they just say "it's your fault not windows' fault".

Isn't it cute when freetards find insignificant metrics to be smug over because their OS is fragmented hobbyist dogshit that'll never even see double digits in the desktop market space?

sounds good to me

Attached: 1521314450845.gif (140x160, 366K)

>Valve: We’re making and shipping games again
polygon.com/2018/3/9/17099920/valve-artifact-new-games-gabe-newell
go back to your cave, toddler
>t. butthurt wintard

>freetards getting off to irrelevant 7zip benchmarks
Seems about right.

I don't know what can be considered a good metric to know whichs operative systems are better but:
>fragmented
Linux is not an OS, is a project to create a kernel with an open model of development and with a permissive license so it can be used by others in their operative systems. If we gonna talk about operative systems we must refer to ubuntu, debian, fedora, etc. Saying that linux is fragmented is like saying that the desktop is fragmented because there's more than one competitor so we must create a monopoly in order to fix that.

>hobbyist
It's true the ecosystem allows everyone to cooperate to make it better, including hobbyists, but implying it's created only by hobbyists would be the same as calling hobbyist all the guys in this link:
linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/
And would imply the same for the guys in pic related. So i guess i can only disagree.

>dogshit
> that'll never even see double digits in the desktop market space
Depends, what metrics you can use to define that? sadly regarding marketshare it seems deals and marketing is more important for that than quality itself.

Attached: ASWF.jpg (1024x638, 136K)

>freetards getting off to irrelevant 7zip benchmarks
Is this better for you?
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2990wx-linux-windows&num=1

>Butthurt
Projecting much?
>Wintard
Not since 1994. Linux for 24 years, now macOS because I got tired of half assed attempts to copy commercial software, and having to jump through hoops to get the real deal to run in WINE. Now I get all of the same software I actually enjoyed in Linux with none of the social stigma and commercial software runs natively.

Have fun with your lack of market share, no social interactions, being a permavirgin, and attempts at convincing people The GIMP is as good as Photoshop, and Libre office is a *totally* viable option in the workplace.

>I got tired of half assed attempts to copy commercial software, and having to jump through hoops to get the real deal to run in WINE.
Yeah, it's tough being so retarded
>Have fun
You too

Attached: macfag.jpg (385x346, 84K)

>social stigma
>no social interactions
>being a permavirgin
If you need to use an specific operative system to fix all that then i don't think it was fault of the operative system in the first place. Just saying.

>half assed attempts to copy commercial software
There's commercial software on linux too in case you didn't know.

>and having to jump through hoops to get the real deal to run in WINE
Interestingly thanks to proton now linux users has a lot less problems with wine than mac users. Getting crossover is a good solution too if you seriously don't want to touch anything to set up a wine bottle.

>and attempts at convincing people The GIMP is as good as Photoshop
I don't think a lot of people thinks that, but it's also true that GIMP doesn't suck as a lot of people here implies, the people that says that seems to think everyone has the same use case.

>and Libre office is a *totally* viable option in the workplace
Depends, i have been using it without problems from a long time ago but i guess if your workplace forces microsoft's formats and don't even allow you to use PDFs you may be right. By the way, there's an onlyne version of office and google docs is better too for collaborative work. However i guess that if you're using macros or something like that that only works on office then you have no other option (using proper database software or applications would be better anyway). At last i think you can install office 2016 on wine but i cannot guarantee it because i have not tried personally, i only keep an office 2007 installation just in case and works flawlessly.