What are you waiting for?

You can cast off the HDD curse forever

Attached: 1519648835573.png (270x316, 46K)

I want my data to still be there if I leave it turned off for 3 months

fiber reinforced belt for my a8.
my i5 4th gen doesnt need an upgrade anytime soon i guess

Attached: me_as_a_belt.jpg (800x800, 68K)

i just turned my very old pc that has an ssd in it just now, out of curiosity. it hasn't been turned on in 2 years
GUESS WHAT, FAGGOT, it still works, get rekt

>my a8
like anyone knows what the fuck your talking about, even if i know it's a 3d printer. kys

>personal anecdotal evidence

>old pc
>has a ssd
pick one zoomer

>my consumer shit is way cooler than your actual tech-related stuff xD

>I use HDD because it fits an arbitrary metric of something that will literally never happen
When's the last time you left your computer off for 3 months?

>inb4 you're a van dweller and/or homeless person with financial issues

it's a fucking 45nm xeon quadcore on ddr2 and a kingston v300 ssd

kill yourself

not everyone is a soiboi like you who thinks everyone knows all 3d printer models

>not everyone is a soiboi like you who thinks everyone knows all 3d printer models
this statement makes no sense at all.
PS: You obviously didn't get the point that i was making with my initial post, but that's fine.

$/gb is still a little high.
work large files. need storage.

NVMe or sata?

>m.2 drive
>uses sata
The fuck is the point? Rather just have a normal 2.5 inch SSD as if I even dare to use a motherboards m.2 slot is going to take away 2 sata ports

>PS: You obviously didn't get the point that i was making with my initial post, but that's fine.
you had no real point, because i didn't post that i'm waiting for an ssd, or anything else for that matter. you just assumed, just like you assumed anyone has a clue what the fuck an "a8" is

>not having an extra power connector attached to your motherboard
>not hooking a sata cable up
GEE IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE 2-3 M2 PORTS ON MY FUCKING MOTHERBOARD
i'm not that guy, either, just saying
also, he might have a laptop or he might stick it into a usb m2 enclosure

oh boy, you guys sure are fucking brainlets that need to be spoonfed simple fucking ideas. why do i even come here?

sata

>says sata right on the fucking image

Attached: 1348764844816.png (244x226, 2K)

>m.2
>sata
yikes

Attached: Trump73.jpg (576x1024, 51K)

1/2 the price of nvme with fractional drop in speed in real world use
Can be repurposed as external drive with a thumb drive sized enclosure, powered by usb 2 0's 0.5 ampere. NVME takes too much power.
Can be reused in laptops, moving forward thin and light laptops will only fit m.2 slots. Even for 2.5 inch slots you can buy an m.2. to 2.5 inch adapter. But you can't turn a 2.5 inch drive into an m.2 drive.

>falling for the nvme meme

$50 mark.

The problem with SSDs is that the controller will convert analog data to digital data and then back to analog when you want to view/listen to it.
The massive amounts of compression that happen absolutely ruin music files.
My 320kbps MP3s sound like they're at best 128kbps when I put them on my SSD. Don't even get me started on how hard FLAC files suffer. Images also will look fuzzy after they go through an SSD.
SSDs are maybe good for increasing gaming performance, but for anything else I would stick to HDDs until better technology comes out.

>but for anything else I would stick to HDDs
how about i stick for hdds for offline storage only, since i don't want to hear any of that spinning and reading head moving shit? what do you think about that, sweetie?

A couple days ago I turned on a PC with a boot SSD, 128GB, probably MLC. 14 months without power and still working.

What are you talking about?
Images do not look fuzzy after they go through an SSD.

yeah i'm sure there's something really special about me, not having a single ssd out of the around 30 that i got for myself and friends/family in the past 8-10 years

This is complete horseshit and doesn't matter because there is no loss when compressing/decompressing data.

>he unironically believes this
Retards aren't welcome on Jow Forums.

>not having a single ssd die
oops, i'm retarded

How the fuck would flash storage be gone without usage in 3 months?
Idiot

Yes they do retard.
HDDs have rotational velocodensity which negates the need to compress data, SSDs HAVE to compress because of electrical interfetterance.
I'm sorry your images are so shit that you can't even notice when they're compressed

make an info graph

>ssd has been around for 10 years

>Your use case doesn't matter, goyim. Throw out that perfectly working hardware and give me shekels.
Fuck that. Drop the price to $30 and I'll think about, Schlomo.

>Crucial
Yea nah fuck them I got 4 dead ssds and I'll no longer trust their crap. Samsung might charge a bit more but at least I know the product will last longer than 3months.

It's not 1995 anymore. A HDD that's not failing is inaudible. That said I miss those sounds.

Attached: 1336907550317.jpg (493x387, 35K)

I've been using a crucial SSD for over a year now no problems

I hope it doesn't randomly break

Attached: Sweat.png (159x159, 44K)

Attached: 1536998125898.png (500x552, 138K)

>what is lossless compression
>"rotational velocodensity"
you know that's not real right

Attached: 1516340390395.png (299x168, 11K)

Gee golly a spinny wheel is sure going to be faster than a bunch of electrons.

You know these are quantifiable values right? SSDs still have much faster sequential read speeds than HDDs.

Is summer not over yet?

Let's be honest, HDDs aren't perfectly working hardware. They're outdated pieces of shit. But since all you do is browse imageboards I guess they work for you.

yes, moron

you've never heard brand new wd blacks, then
same goes for 3.5" hgst@7200
fuck that bs