/spg/ - Smartphone General

Phoneposting Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1531332234873.png (800x398, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi-mix-2
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi-mix-2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

does anyone here have a moto z2 force edition?

What do you think of it? Not sure if I want to upgrade from my G4 Play, kinda want an all-screen phone if I'm getting something that big.

Budget: 400$ (with some wiggle room)
I like big screens
I'm on Verizon sadly
Unlocked bootloader/rootable is a must

memephone f1

What

pocophone is what he's hinting.

However, I'd suggest the Mi Mix 2s or the Essential phone instead.

Thanks for the translation lol. Yeah I looked into the Essential. Looks great but honestly seems a little small. I have a V20 right now and I'd like the screen to be at least as big or bigger. Do I just pop my Verizon SIM in the pocophone or the Mi Mix and it will "just work"?

dumb phoneposter

Do I bother with the Alldocube X if I can get a brand new Samsung Tab S4 at the equivalent of

>Xiaomi settings app will have advertisements

BAHAHHAHHAHHAHA

CHINKED

Attached: Cpc784f.png (1080x1920, 175K)

Fuck Drumpf

do anons read weibo?
wish I could comprehend runes, his twitter sucks

Attached: DTpA3F9VMAABOFT.jpg large.jpg (2048x1536, 472K)

make sure you get the global version. before it ships, get the model number and plug it into a site like bandchecker or whatever.

Fuck off, Pocophone isn't even compatible with Verizon.

can the moto z2 force be rooted, and if not whats a decent phone all around for the US, verizon and between 400-600 usd?

>Do I just pop my Verizon SIM in the pocophone or the Mi Mix and it will "just work"?
Yes, but Poco won't have all the bands
Welcome to the Xiaomi business model

elaborate?

Mi Mix 2 and global version of Mi Mix 2S are compatible with Verizon as long as you have an activated SIM (if you move the SIM from a phone that's been used with Verizon, it's activated).

dont buy essential

it's outdated

it's pocomeme now

No

Good thing for xiaomi.eu.

Damn why do they keep making ugly androids? No wonder normies buy ishits, new Mate 20 and Pixel 3 XL look like shit. Luckily my> P20 Pro is pretty

Im getting a p20. What am I in for? How will it compare to lg g3?

Just get a Pro my guy

>Pic very related

Attached: IMG_20180907_103850.jpg (2736x3648, 1.87M)

>outdated
shut it runt, it got updated to Pie literally within two weeks of the Pixel 2's

no, get the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

6 more days until i get my iPhone XS Max 512 GB.

It's too wide and too expensive for me. Only reason Im getting p20 is because of a good deal, if It weren't for that Id buy redmeme note 5

yes it can be rooted, and it has dev support
google "Moto Z2 Force xda forums"

Custom roms for pocomeme when?

Is samsung the only flagship left with a jack? Was gonna get the op6T but guess I'll wait for the S10 now.

>snapdragon 835
>Not outdated
Buddy.

Ah I see. Well it's nice but nothing too special about it. Camera is still decent at P20 level but not really the same as the godlike Pro version

Attached: IMG_20180915_201120.jpg (2736x3506, 2.35M)

> Buy a Mi A2
> Just got it yesterday
> Play some loud music to make sure it works
> Only one speaker on the bottom emits sound
> Send an angry message to the seller about his faulty shit (already took too long to ship so I was mildly pissed off)
> Google the issue
> Turns out one side is the speaker and the other the microphone
> Look like a fucking dumbass
Subscribe for more epic blogs on how I'm a barely functioning retard

Attached: 1529691502070.png (451x485, 58K)

>SD 835
>outdated
oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize we jumoed 5 years into the future where even a SD 4XX series can outperform it, fucking moron

s9 or pixel 2?

>pay 400 dollars for a phone with 835 when you can pay 400 dollars for an equivalent phone with 845

Ok, sure. You do you.

did you even go to the manufacturers website as part of your research? did you even do research? did you really think OEMs, regardkess of country, was going to put two downward firing speakers on a phone? did you eat paint chips as a kid? did you live under power lines growing up?

Attached: 1529984402487.jpg (640x977, 136K)

>implying the pocomeme works in burgerland
there's your problem, well my problem specifically, but you're still a retard for only thinking people in this thread live in Europe, Asia, or Aus

Yes to all of those

Attached: 1524448268314.png (658x901, 81K)

Wait for pixel 3

*breathes in*
BOOIII

Attached: 1535849591553.png (1000x900, 44K)

Pretty sure that isn't the only 400$ phone that has an 845

>not $150 for a 820

It kind of is.

I'm a retard and just lost my S8 fishing, i'm looking to replace it with something cheap as I don't really game or anything just use it to browse internet redmi looks good but i think I'll miss USB-C any other good options? I'm in burgerland, on T-mobile might switch to Verizon soon.

op6

Well maybe you're right on that. Still there are better options than the Essential phone. If you're going outdated, might as well get something better or cheaper. Huawei has tons of good options. Oh wait, burgerland lol

what is the best phone i can get for under 300 euro in the netherlands?
i want to buy a new phone when i get my salary

can this shit be repaired?

new puppy fucked it up hard

Attached: 41712990_10160814090890301_4613973290375970816_o.jpg (1504x2016, 323K)

Moto Z for 130 euros worth it? Wanna use it for one or two years

If it's just the glass, obviously yes

Redmi Note 5 bishhhhh

Not too hard, back cover is 20 euros

moto g5 plus or nokia 6.1 3gb ram 32 rom ? need a phone that works on usa and its 300 dollars or less.

Aight, not too long to unlock the bootloader on this fucking Xiaomeme and I noticed I fucked up when making the same Mi account that I associated to my phone, my phone number and the permission request for unlocking the bootloader. Set some info on my profile that I would not rather use in public because I was a dumbass, and it cannot be changed. Just imagine having your phone number displayed at all times on a public forum.

Once the bootloader unlocking process is done, I'm really wondering:

-Do I fuck everything up if I delete my Mi account afterwards? I would suppose not being able to re-lock it?

-If I can't delete that account, at the very least, can I use a different one when doing the initial setup and associate everything to that one? I'm going to use the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

huawei works in burgerland, but inl refuse to recommend them in light of the scumbag practice of pushing out firmware to brick an unlcoked/rooted device, and refusing to provide bootloader unlock codes and be stuck with EMUI

Why or why not?
Tab S4 is 10 inch while that one is 8, has the S4 has the better CPU/pen/keyboard options plus dex. At literally half retail it seems solid?

because the hexacore is not that good of a chip, and the screen shouldn't be the most important factor when buying a tablet
also the price of the Mi Pad is the same as the AlldoCube and it has superior hardware for the same price

Don't put this ugly Jewcucked boomers face on my Jow Forums, fucking cuck

can a non brainlet phone poster answer me this?

can android android phone read a LUKS encrypted container with ext4 filesystem?

Attached: 1536938136698.gif (300x424, 2.56M)

Nokia, as long as you're on T-Mobile, AT&T or one of their MVNOs.

I ordered the pocophone from a strayan seller shipping from the netherlands two days ago for 270€. Without the 10% off code it's at 299.

G5+ open box for 129.99 on eBay, Nokia is on the AEM program and you can't unlock the bootloader so no dev support while the G5+ has tons

samsung a8+ or honor 10?
[spoiler]How gaming on those devices?[/spoiler]

Whats the reason for considering Verizon?

Neither, you dumb bitch

Get a Poco for gaming.

T mobile has spotty coverage in CO when you get out of major cities and highways, considering verizon as i can get it for only 5$ a month more. If it limits my phone choices too much i'll probably just stay with T mobile and hope they keep building towers.

forgot to mention this. the phone is for a friend who is kinda a sped technology wise so a unlocked bootloader really doesnt matter. also he doesnt like buying through ebay cus idk so either amazon or walmart......

Any opinions on the Mi A2?

then get the Nokia if he's too retarded to learn something and has an irrational fear of eBay, where purchases and customers are protected by Paypal
slap your friend upside the head for me will ya?

great phone, there are plenty of reviews and opinions out there, go watch/read some and make your own decision

this is only in india and china
in the EU/US there wont be adds.
they sell their handsets at almost a loss in india and china, this is how they recoup.

But I bought mine for 270 eurobucks. The 21k pajeetdollar pricetag would translate to 250 eurobucks with current exchange rates. Are they operating on margins so tight that that makes a difference?

i have done it and no matter how i explain it to him he doesnt learn..... oh well i guess itll be up to what he finds on walmart. btw sorry for making you feel bad, it also hurts me knowing hes that much of a sped

you bought an imported phone
not a domestic one
retail in EU is going to be over 320 euros.

and regardless, yes, a 20 euro margin is significant.

?

I'm not offended, just cant fathom his stupidity I guess
i mean he would have saved $100 bucks and had a good developer phone so it stays upto date, but whatever, that's his choice

Says pocophone, not poco though. And besides the branding, whats the difference? Its all the global version, isn't it?

probably referring to LeEco phones

LG G5 - new ones on ebay are at 150

the difference is the price

(and you can't use your warranty unless you ship the phone back to it's domestic market (china).

This isn't an unusual concept. Things get priced differently in different markets. That's economics.

I'm on T Mobil in the US... Push me, I can't decide between the essential phone for $308 (Amazon) or the xperia xz premium for $483(new on eBay)? Is the "nicer" screen and camera plus ip68 rating worth the extra $$$$??? I work in a shop so the dust protection might be worth it.

and furthermore, it's not all a global version.
there is an EU version which will go on sale soon.
and i believe there is a chinese version.

On Amazon people are saying it isn't compatible with verizon

My parents are due for new phones, we all got galaxy S4s in 2013 and I've been upgrading every 2 years since (gonna upgrade early again to help them learn), but they don't want to deal with "the new s9 stuff", and have picked out and are deadset on j7s. Which are like those "free" phones they give out to people who upgrade. I've offered to buy them the s9s but they refuse. So, anyone here have any experience with those phones? Trying to get them learn any sort of chink phone is out of the question, my mom literally said "I don't want none of that chinese ching chong garbage" since her first phone was an htc incredible and she burned it out by playing pandora 24/7 while plugged in then wondered why her battery never held a charge.

As someone in retail selling phones, dont get J series garbage, the reliability just isnt there. Get them up to an A8 or something.

Didn't even know the a8 was a thing, thanks. Maybe they'll give that a go, it seems to be better quality at least. They walked in the verizon store with me and first thing they saw was those shitty cheap plastic garbage phones and I've been trying to get them to pick something else, hopefully this is something they'll get.

Samsung loves me uwu

Attached: 20180915_123742.jpg (2832x2955, 505K)

Why the fuck would you get S9s for some dumb boomers who have absolutely no use for that kind of hardware. And unless your parents consistently fuck up the battery of every phone they get there's no reason to upgrade them every 2 years either.
Maybe not as low tier as a j7, something with at least 3gb of ram, a half-decent processor and a big battery so they can play their candy crushes, but don't be that guy who spends money on the most expensive garbage just because he can even though it's a massive waste.

Even if you don't play fortnite, make an account and get that skin, shit's worth like $50 on ebay, easy ass rebate if I've ever seen one.
t. /vg/

I meant I've been upgrading, they're still using S4s. And it's getting to the point of forced obsolescence because it takes upwards of a minute for calls to even start ringing, texts are delayed in their receipt by nearly 5 minutes sometimes, they need new ones but have been refusing to get them.
It's been 5 years for them. I upgrade because I use the phones, ones I no longer use as a daily driver I use to record stuff.
The only reason I offered to buy them the phones is because it's been so god damned long and they're convinced the generic garbage j7 is just as good when I know it's not but they don't want to listen.

It's either the vbucks + skin or headphones. If you want both you need to pay $100

People on Amazon don't know what they are talking about. Mi Mix 2, and the global version of Mix 2S are compatible, *as long* as the SIM is pre-activated.
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi-mix-2
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi-mix-2s

Try to get something that either comes with stock android or has good custom rom support then. Gets rid of most planned obsolescence garbage.
Hell if the battery is still in a good state you might be able to slap lineage on the S4s and make them usable again.

When is Pocomeme coming to US?

The vbucks are additional cost v headphones, you can get the skin regardless. Just install from galaxy app (4mb for the launcher to check) and you can see the notifier that'll state you have to play 3 matches. Feel free not to though, just trying to help you out. Hope you like the note9 though my man, I'm loving mine.

Never. It doesn't support US bands and your carriers are garbage-tier near-monopolies.

Moto Z is 130 now

I guess you're right. Thanks man

Attached: Screenshot_20180915-130149_Fortnite Installer.jpg (1080x2220, 583K)