Vacuums

vacuums are technology (mods dont be gay pls).

what do you guys use to clean moms basement? i'm thinking about getting pic related but it's wireless and worried about battery degrading too fast.

Attached: hero-IC162WBKT.jpg (1000x1000, 26K)

Shark Navigator.

>he doesn't use a turbomolecular vacuum
Yikes

Attached: Cut-out-view-of-a-turbomolecular-pump-Courtesy-of-Wikipedia.png (850x719, 209K)

Grandmother's Miele.

Way better than any consumer vacuum sold today.

Battery-powered is weak and less versatile.
You're using it indoors anyway, so being away from an electrical socket is not an issue.
As for bag vs. bagless, you can get bags for cheap in these days of the internets, and they're less messy to deal with. Up to you.
I have an old Electrolux canister vac, works great and can be used with dozens of attachments. I usually just carry the canister section around in one hand while sweeping instead of dragging it around, it's lighter than it looks. You can find the like at yard sales.

MIELE of course, the apple of vacuum cleaners

Attached: miele-c3-vacuum-with-seb236-electrobrush.jpg (700x700, 84K)

I have this too, had it for about a year and I'm pretty happy with it. The only thing I don't like about it so far is the canister seems too small. I have to empty it out fairly often because the max fill line is less than half way up because of the way it's designed.

>vacuums are technology
Linus? is that you?

I've only used two types of vacuums, I currently own a dirt devil vibe to vacuum my room and it works good enough. I have to empty it before every use and the filter gets clogged prett quickly. It is good enough nonetheless.
Another vacuum is a Hoover uh70120. It worked really good for the price and I was able to easily clean many components if they got clogged.

I thought that was Dyson.

Have a 20 year old Kirby that I use for general purpose carpet cleaning. Had to replace a few parts and fix a loose wire but it has held up for the most part. Wouldn't buy another considering the design hasn't changed since. Can't believe they still require me to take the vacuum head off to use the hose.

Have a Shark Duo clean for lighter work, dusting, and crevices. Having all the hose options is nice, but the carpet cleaning is not nearly as good as the Kirby.

Attached: 1396811508299.png (480x480, 108K)

any recommendations for a vacuum for your car?

Attached: 1536975748088.jpg (750x738, 52K)

i have an original dyson ball and its lasted forever and still works great

This. Miele is the only answer, assuming you can afford one.

>there are people in this thread not recommending Dyson

Dyson is popular, and thus will not be recommended on Jow Forums.

It's just objectively the best though, not like Apple. But yes you're right

There is nothing wrong with a product being popular its just being popular for the wrong reasons.
Like Macs for example there not popular because there reliable or decently priced there popular because Apple markets the shit out of them and they look shiny, I guess something could be said for being good at working right out the box but anytime after that is a crapshoot

Heard that dyson is working on a 1.000.000 rpm electric motor for their vacuums. I'd like to use it for a soapbox car if I could work out some gearing. I like high rpm vehicles.

They are now banned in the EU.
Only low-Watt toys are allowed.

Mine is only about 15 years old, so it's still good for another 35 or so, but then I'm fucked.

Thanks for the warning, I will be avoiding this brand from now on.
What's a good FOSS vacuum cleaner?

Dyson has good design, but they're overpriced. Have a V6 and the 20 minute battery life leaves a bit to be desired.

>using a vacuum for 50 years
Do you live in a 1x1 closet?

>What's a good FOSS vacuum cleaner?

Attached: rubbermaid-dust-pans-rcp6c01-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 27K)

It's a Miele, why would it break?

No chinkshit pls.

Miele. The things are indestructible.
Had to re-solder a wire once on a 10+ year old Miele. Still works like its new.

Kek'd

I got the Dyson V10 Cyclone.
Completely satisfied. If you keep vaccuuming every week then the job gets quicker and the battery can last a while. That first run is a bitch to get through.

Still use a Miele aquarius or some bullshit from 2007. It's still going stronk.